IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Will be interesting to see the result of the duplicate album issue as while I don't have multi-disc albums split in separate folders from some previous testing of albums of different audio resolutions can definitely confirm the Aurender previously would combine like metadata discs regardless of physical file location.

Bad news... I got the following reply from Aurender:

Regarding your question, it is not a bug since we changed the way the scanner software detects albums. This is reflected in our release notes on our website: “The rule for detecting albums has changed. The folder (directory) is the boundary for an album, so that tracks (music files) for an album should be located all together under the same (direct) folder. Music files duplicated over the folders are no longer treated as the same album.”We had many end user requests for this for multi-CD sets and box set content. If you would like multi-CD content to be presented as one album, you can locate the files in the same containing folder and they will appear as one album.

They seriously suggest that I should reorganize my music library to comply with how they now think it should be organized to get it to work the way it did before! I understand that they want to support box sets - hey, I want that too! - but why not do that in some kind of smart way - for example by using additional tags, providing flexibility to the user.

I'm very close to give up and sell this wonderfully sounding piece of hardware, only because the software isn't given any attention and hasn't been improved for the 2,5 years I've had the box unless of course your #1 priority is streaming. Really sad, but true :(

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Bad news... I got the following reply from Aurender:

Regarding your question, it is not a bug since we changed the way the scanner software detects albums. This is reflected in our release notes on our website: “The rule for detecting albums has changed. The folder (directory) is the boundary for an album, so that tracks (music files) for an album should be located all together under the same (direct) folder. Music files duplicated over the folders are no longer treated as the same album.”We had many end user requests for this for multi-CD sets and box set content. If you would like multi-CD content to be presented as one album, you can locate the files in the same containing folder and they will appear as one album.

They seriously suggest that I should reorganize my music library to comply with how they now think it should be organized to get it to work the way it did before! I understand that they want to support box sets - hey, I want that too! - but why not do that in some kind of smart way - for example by using additional tags, providing flexibility to the user.

I'm very close to give up and sell this wonderfully sounding piece of hardware, only because the software isn't given any attention and hasn't been improved for the 2,5 years I've had the box unless of course your #1 priority is streaming. Really sad, but true :(

You know I did read that in the release notes last week but since I already store things that way guess it didn't really register with me.

Carlin "Rick" Smith

....Hope this helps and happy to help others further. After the upgrade did this procedure on 3 different Aurenders.

Carlin "Rick" Smith

Thank you Rick. I appreciate the help.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

You know I did read that in the release notes last week but since I already store things that way guess it didn't really register with me.

Good for you! Obviously I didn't read the release notes that carefully, but even if I had, it would only have helped short term since it isn't an option to stay on an older version for very long.

Does anyone know what this line in the release notes mean "Improved tag handling for specific files."?

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Question for Aurender users: Can the Aurender connect to a NAS and can the Conductor App access and manage the files in the NAS similar to how it manages files in its internal hard drive?

For example, let's say that I have an album in the NAS and the same albums added to my library (say added from Tidal). If I were to do an album search will the Conductor App show both albums?

Question for Aurender users: Can the Aurender connect to a NAS and can the Conductor App access and manage the files in the NAS similar to how it manages files in its internal hard drive?

For example, let's say that I have an album in the NAS and the same albums added to my library (say added from Tidal). If I were to do an album search will the Conductor App show both albums?

First off I have not updated to the latest software yet. So in my case I have all my SACD albums on the N10 and my ripped CD's on the NAS. So if I have a Eagles album SACD on the N10 and 5 different Eagles CD's on the NAS yes you will see all six of them together. In fact because the N10 has two hard drives if you had Eagle albums on those two plus the NAS all would be together in the album view.

With Tidal I don't think so that is handled separate. Maybe the new update allows that but I have not updated.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

First off I have not updated to the latest software yet. So in my case I have all my SACD albums on the N10 and my ripped CD's on the NAS. So if I have a Eagles album SACD on the N10 and 5 different Eagles CD's on the NAS yes you will see all six of them together. In fact because the N10 has two hard drives if you had Eagle albums on those two plus the NAS all would be together in the album view.

With Tidal I don't think so that is handled separate. Maybe the new update allows that but I have not updated.

Thank you for the reply.

One more question for Aurender owners who are also familiar with Roon:

How does the Conductor App compare to Roon?

I am researching Aurender now, currently using Mac mini and jriver, and I'd like to explorer something new that has better SQ and at least equal user experience (or maybe even better) than jriver. I don't use roon and no Tidal.

1, I only use USB DAC, no spdif or BNC is needed, and my music is in NAS anyway so no larger hard drives is needed, so I gusee N100 is good enough for me? Is N10 better in SQ than N100 via USB?

2, I have more than half of my music not tagged well, and I have no time to deal with tagging at least for now, so folder playing is very important for me. In jriver, I do folder view only, and sort tracks by jriver works very well, cover art is in the same folder as flacs named folder.jpg. So does Aurender software will do the same or similar that I can browser and play my music only by folders/subfolders?

3, some of my files are whole disc flac/cue, generated by eac, I guess ape/cue or flac/cue is ok with Aurender?

Thank you very much for you inputs.

I am researching Aurender now, currently using Mac mini and jriver, and I'd like to explorer something new that has better SQ and at least equal user experience (or maybe even better) than jriver. I don't use roon and no Tidal.

1, I only use USB DAC, no spdif or BNC is needed, and my music is in NAS anyway so no larger hard drives is needed, so I gusee N100 is good enough for me? Is N10 better in SQ than N100 via USB?

2, I have more than half of my music not tagged well, and I have no time to deal with tagging at least for now, so folder playing is very important for me. In jriver, I do folder view only, and sort tracks by jriver works very well, cover art is in the same folder as flacs named folder.jpg. So does Aurender software will do the same or similar that I can browser and play my music only by folders/subfolders?

3, some of my files are whole disc flac/cue, generated by eac, I guess ape/cue or flac/cue is ok with Aurender?

Thank you very much for you inputs.

1. The N10 is better then the N100H but the N100H is a pretty nice unit. I think a dealer on this forum rated them this way. N100H B-, N10 B+ and W20 A. If you are only going to use USB go with the N100H.

2. No sure here as I took the time to rip correctly and find Hi res album art. There is a folder view. I'm not that familiar with JRiver but I think there is a lot more ways to sort in the folder view then with Aurender. You really are not going to be able to do all that the Aurender app can with out fixing your albums.

3. Don't know.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

There is no support for cue-files in Aurender, so a complete album in flac will be presented as one song. Since you are using a mac, a flac can be splitted into individual music files based on the cue-file using XLD, but of course it will be a tedious task.

If you have poor meta data quality I would recommend that you at least give Roon a try to see if it can identify your music without proper meta data. If it can, I think you will get a superior user experience compared to the Aurender conductor app in folder-mode, but you might not reach as far when it comes to SQ.

I have Aurender N100. MY MUSIC - files are on a Synology NAS.

But I have problems with the AMM software after upgrade end of February.

After upgrade AMM Software on my MAC and before - the system software from surrender and ipad - this appears after I start the app:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33966[/ATTACH]

I have several times re-install the AMM-App. But all the same error appear.

Aurender-Support cannot help me.

My question:What is the investment and costs for upgrade N100 to N100 H. I have listen that N100 H has implement hard disc cases with sound insulation.

Can someone give more information modification.

Is this modification reasonable?

Thank you very much

Klemens

I can't see your attachment!?

Are you running on Sierra version 10.12.3? If so it doesn't work - you can't mount drives. If you could rollback to 10.12.2 it's fine.

I talked to Aurender about this and even though I told them it was version specific they said it was my setup! It's not as tried on several macs running 10.12.3 and all of them failed.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I updated today and really like all the updates. I had no problem with the update but did have to update and run AMM but this is normal. Hats off to Aurender keep it coming! Lots of nice MQA integration now just need my DAC to play them hopefully soon.

All:I updated to newest version of Aurender SW last week. I have noticed the past few days that whenever I've played DSD music it has sounded pretty awful! However prior to the update, all my DSD files sounded better than anything else (mostly - I have some very good 24/192 and MQA albums on my N100H that have always sounded fantastic too). I have been going nuts trying to figure out why my system suddenly sounds so bad (changing crossovers, moving speakers, even buying all new power cables),,,,

Then, today I was reading FAQ on the new Aurender SW update, and I noticed that they mention (with no details) "updated / improved DSD playback" within the update SW release notes. Suddenly a light bulb went off,,, ahhhh this may be the problem?? So I've just spent a couple hours listening to FLAC, MQA and 24/192 files, all sound great, yet the DSD albums sound really bad (as opposed to up until SW update always sounding "really good"). To further "test" this hypothesis, I also played a bunch of SACD's on my Oppo 105 that my DSD files were ripped from,, and as I suspected, they sounded fantastic (prior to newest SW update, I thought the SACD's were about equal to the DSD files on my Aurender).

So wondering if anyone else has noticed this (with or without realizing it had anything to do with update as I initially had)? If you have a chance, try doing some DSD vs FLAC and High Res/ MQA listening comparisons post SW update and "chime in" with results. I sent a tech support ticket to Aurender a few minuets ago, so I'll update when I hear back with any info

I can't make a comparison but I have a DSD album (via DL). I gave it a quick listen and can't say it sounds any different than before I upgraded the SW.

Hopefully Aurender will get this sorted out quickly for u.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Are you running on Sierra version 10.12.3? If so it doesn't work - you can't mount drives. If you could rollback to 10.12.2 it's fine.

I talked to Aurender about this and even though I told them it was version specific they said it was my setup! It's not as tried on several macs running 10.12.3 and all of them failed.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you - I have before upgrade to 10.12.3. I' am none the wiser.

So wondering if anyone else has noticed this (with or without realizing it had anything to do with update as I initially had)? If you have a chance, try doing some DSD vs FLAC and High Res/ MQA listening comparisons post SW update and "chime in" with results. I sent a tech support ticket to Aurender a few minuets ago, so I'll update when I hear back with any info

All good here... DSD 64 and 128 vs HR 24/96, 24/192 and MQA: DSD definitely sound more relax, depending of recording, some better than others. No DSD is less in SQ than HR or MQA.

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

I am wondering if anyone here has successfully used the Curious USB cable to connect their Aurender to their DAC? I recently acquired a Curious USB cable and connected it between my Aurender X100L and my PS Audio Directstream DAC. It would play one or two songs before the signal transfer stops and I hear nothing. I have to reboot both the Aurender and the DAC to get it to work again but it again only plays 1-2 songs. I do not have this problem with the Cardas Clear USB cable, just the Curious USB. I am trying to figure out if my cable is defective or there is an interface issue between the Aurender and DAC with this cable.

I am wondering if anyone here has successfully used the Curious USB cable to connect their Aurender to their DAC? I recently acquired a Curious USB cable and connected it between my Aurender X100L and my PS Audio Directstream DAC. It would play one or two songs before the signal transfer stops and I hear nothing. I have to reboot both the Aurender and the DAC to get it to work again but it again only plays 1-2 songs. I do not have this problem with the Cardas Clear USB cable, just the Curious USB. I am trying to figure out if my cable is defective or there is an interface issue between the Aurender and DAC with this cable.

I have used a Curious USB between my N10 and EMM Labs DAC2X, and have not experienced any problems.

Rick

Ayre MX-R  Focal Diablo Utopia III  REL S/2 (x2)  emm Labs PRE2, DAC2X  Aurender N10  Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Zitron Python, Zitron Alpha HC, Zitron Alpha Digital and Zitron Alpha Analog PC's  Siltech Royal Signature Prince SC's, Royal Signature Princess IC's, Royal Signature Golden Ridge II AES/EBU  Quadraspire Q4L Rack

Ran a Curious with an N100S and a Modwright dac with no issues. Also used Cardas, Shunyata, Audioquest with similar results.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Thanks everyone for "chiming in"on feedback re: their DSD files via Aurender after the most recent update.

I've been working through this issue with Aurender tech support.

I did discover that they did actually make some changes to DSD files in regards to how the DoP functions (I actually did not even realize that the Aurender handled all DSD files as DoP, I had just assumed it was bit perfect / native DSD transfer via USB, but it's not, it is DoP).

They did change via this update how that DSD is sent as a DoP.

They suspect that what I'm experiencing could be specific to how my DAC handles DoP via USB.

I've shut down both Aurwnder and DAC and then removed all cables and then reconnected them all (Aurender's suggestion) and I've also removed the W4S RUR from my USB chain (also their suggestion), and I think that has definitely helped a bit.

Some of my DSD files sound good again (but some do not). They did tell me that they do not and have not added any DSD filters, only changed how the DSD file is sent via DoP.

So probably more of a compatibility issue with my DAC and how it handles DoP via USB than a problem with the Software update per se.

Also - in regards to person asking about Curious USB, I have used it with my N100H, it did "work" (no dropouts, etc), but it sounded awful in my setup (it made everything very Harsh and the low end was very bloated and boomy)

I am now using the Cardas Highspeed USB with great results (I tested about 6 diff USB Cables and the Cardas Highspeed USB sounded the best by a long margin).