IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I am digging my A10 more and more. The addition of the Stillpoints took it to another level. 

I have a couple of TB of Hi-rez  on the HD and stream Tidal flawlessly. No issues with the new update.

Love when the MQA icon on the app lites up!!

100_4136 (2).JPG

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

1 minute ago, russellbobby said:

The addition of the Stillpoints took it to another level. 

What kind of wood are you using underneath?  I've had great success with these boards under my Stillpoints:  http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

6 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

I am digging my A10 more and more. The addition of the Stillpoints took it to another level. 

I have a couple of TB of Hi-rez  on the HD and stream Tidal flawlessly. No issues with the new update.

Love when the MQA icon on the app lites up!!

100_4136 (2).JPG

Interesting, do stillpoints really make a significant improvement in sound quality?

I've just finished upgrading all my Power Cables in entire system to Shunyata (Alpha Digital on the Aurender, Viper Zitron on all sources and Martin Logan Speakers, Venom HC's on all Amplifiers and subwoofers, Venom Defenders into all dedicated 20AMP lines), and even though I'm still burning them in, the sound improvement is enormous!! 

Now I may have to try still points next (thanks a lot for burning another hole in my pocket! , haha ) 

Help!!

So, I've been kinda busy since the most recent upgrade and just finally had some time to sit down and work through all the multiple disc albums and other albums that are now not scanning via conductor with the new update and just discovered that my Windows Desktop lost its network connection (via a mapped network drive) to the Aurender!!

I've tried everything within my technical capabilities (which is some what limited compared to most on this forum!) and I can't seem to reconnect to the Aurender!!

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

I deleted the existing mapped network drive which lost connection, and tried about 30 times via a few different ways to establish a new network connection to the Aurender :(

I was able to get to the point where I can enter user name and password of Aurender via network center in windows, but keep getting an error message (something like no existing network folder or check spelling , etc )???

I did send a support request to Aurender, but they usually take a while to get back to me. 

Thanks for any help or advice!!

11 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Help!!

So, I've been kinda busy since the most recent upgrade and just finally had some time to sit down and work through all the multiple disc albums and other albums that are now not scanning via conductor with the new update and just discovered that my Windows Desktop lost its network connection (via a mapped network drive) to the Aurender!!

I've tried everything within my technical capabilities (which is some what limited compared to most on this forum!) and I can't seem to reconnect to the Aurender!!

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

I deleted the existing mapped network drive which lost connection, and tried about 30 times via a few different ways to establish a new network connection to the Aurender :(

I was able to get to the point where I can enter user name and password of Aurender via network center in windows, but keep getting an error message (something like no existing network folder or check spelling , etc )???

I did send a support request to Aurender, but they usually take a while to get back to me. 

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Hi can you see the Aurender when you try to map it?

I had an issue where the Aurender lost IP address and I had no end of problems trying to get the router to pick it up.

In the end I turned everything off and I mean everything.  I updated the router software and I factory reset the Netgear powerlines.  I then turned everything back on starting with the ISP router and finally the PC and NAS drives. I finally power cycled the Aurender.   Once I had the Aurender back connected and could find it on the PC I then mapped it onto a new network drive.  

17 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

What kind of wood are you using underneath?  I've had great success with these boards under my Stillpoints:  http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm

I have a bunch of Ikea bamboo boards around, but the smaller size. This is a maple block. maybe I should try the larger size as they are cheap enough and would look better.

I put the 3 Stillpoints under the Micro Zotl pre but could not hear much of a difference if any. Then remembering that the pre is transformer less which is most of the cause of vibration it made sense.  That's when I took them and put them under the block and it kicked up the Aurender another notch. So many different layers of bass I never heard before. New Favorite by Alison Krauss sounds great on all systems but now her voice is just sublime. I couldn't never justify the cost of the Stillpoints but they make a bigger improvement in my system  than power cords, etc ( price wise)  and let each tweek shine even  more.  I need to get them under the mono blocks. Right now I am in the process of installing an outdoor kitchen and that has most of my resources spoken for.     

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Just my experience, but I haven't noticed any negative effects with the latest software update.  I don't do anything fancy with folders and box sets though, so that might make a difference. 

I don't think the Conductor app is perfect, but it works just fine on the iPad.  Every UI app is going to have features that appeal to one subset of users and features that another subset of users find wanting.  I've been around long enough in the software industry to see standards change, and companies rise and fall with those changes.

I've also worked on enough embedded system platforms to understand that "standard interfaces" or standard anything, only advances the standard. Many designers have advanced/competitive ideas that are a competitive advantage, and they don't want to roll them into some standard. Or the standard can't agree to add a feature because it would require all of the other sponsors to support it, etc.  The N10 works great as it is.  I don't want to give money to another company (e.g. Roon) and then have to deal with two entities pointing fingers at each other when feature XYZ doesn't work.

We've been really happy with the N10 / Berkeley combination.  Though now I'm curious about the bamboo cutting boards....

2 hours ago, Bolts said:

I had an issue where the Aurender lost IP address and I had no end of problems trying to get the router to pick it up.

In the end I turned everything off and I mean everything.  I updated the router software and I factory reset the Netgear powerlines.  I then turned everything back on starting with the ISP router and finally the PC and NAS drives. I finally power cycled the Aurender.   Once I had the Aurender back connected and could find it on the PC I then mapped it onto a new network drive.  

I've had that problem too. Is there a way to lock a fixed IP to the Aurender? I think that could be very useful!

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Yes, it's simple.  DHCP IPaddress reservation on your router.

Just create an association with the Aurender MAC address and a valid IP address in your assignable range.

I would recommend doing this for every single device in your home that is "permanent".  Use the routers "dhcp status" screen to show which mac address - ip address leases are already effective.  That's one way to get the Aurender MAC.  I think it is on one of the Settings screens too in the Conductor app.

2 hours ago, Bolts said:

Thanks Bolts!! 

Indid exactly as you suggested and that fixed it!! I am now reconnected to the Aurender and was finally able to re-map it as a network folder!

thanks everyone!

19 minutes ago, merge03 said:

Yes, it's simple.  DHCP IPaddress reservation on your router.

Just create an association with the Aurender MAC address and a valid IP address in your assignable range.

I would recommend doing this for every single device in your home that is "permanent".  Use the routers "dhcp status" screen to show which mac address - ip address leases are already effective.  That's one way to get the Aurender MAC.  I think it is on one of the Settings screens too in the Conductor app.

You learn something new everyday! Normally, I do this from the other end, i.e. disable DHCP in the device itself and set a fixed IP. Thanks!

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

It's generally better to do IPAddress management at the router where it can all be managed in one single location.  Then you can start to get fancy and assign IPAddresses within certain ranges.  And then allow some ranges access to the internet and some ranges get no access to the internet (internal devices only).  Then you can start to police the network and have to router display all unknown MAC addresses.  And if you're really paranoid, you can deny network access to any unknown MAC addresses.  You can also set up a DMZ for a guest network etc.

A lot depends on the capabilities of the router, and your own needs.  But I assume that most folks with HiRez streamers are using something like a Cisco fixed wire router and discrete wireless access points.  A setup like that provides the best wired performance, wireless performance and security.

7 hours ago, jdandy said:

Still love my Aurender N10, even more now that I am using the DAC in my new Esoteric K-01X.  This combination is exceptional.

32830204585_b537c2e6ce_z.jpg

I am going to be demoing an N10 and will be comparing it to my HQPlayer / microRendu combination.  Have you do any similar comparisons?  What were you using before going to the N10?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

6 hours ago, agladstone said:

Interesting, do stillpoints really make a significant improvement in sound quality?

I've just finished upgrading all my Power Cables in entire system to Shunyata (Alpha Digital on the Aurender, Viper Zitron on all sources and Martin Logan Speakers, Venom HC's on all Amplifiers and subwoofers, Venom Defenders into all dedicated 20AMP lines), and even though I'm still burning them in, the sound improvement is enormous!! 

Now I may have to try still points next (thanks a lot for burning another hole in my pocket! , haha ) 

I switched from Nordost Brahma to Shunyata Alpha HC cords last year.  Big upgrade but still just a fraction of the improvement I got from a Shunyata Denali.  One more thing to burn a hole in that pocket.

Stillpoints delivered a tremendous improvement under my speakers.  The improvement wasn't as large under my electronics, but once you hear the improvement it's hard to go back.  It's like the difference between using image stabilization or a tripod when taking a photo of something far off.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

RE: Stillpoints 

Maybe I should look into them for my front speakers (I use them for 2 channel and also part of a 7.2 channel system) - Martin Logan Summit X 

Music Direct (where I bought all the Shunyata Power cables from), was trying to push me hard to also buy a Denali , may have to add it to my future upgrade list!! 

I recently bought 2 Furman IT 20's so that's why I didn't pursue the Denali, I should have gone Shunyata from the start instead of buying the Furman's!

5 minutes ago, agladstone said:

RE: Stillpoints 

Maybe I should look into them for my front speakers (I use them for 2 channel and also part of a 7.2 channel system) - Martin Logan Summit X 

You can borrow Stillpoints from The Cable Company.  I suspect you will like what you hear from them under your speakers.  Nice speakers by the way.

15 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

You can borrow Stillpoints from The Cable Company.  I suspect you will like what you hear from them under your speakers.  Nice speakers by the way.

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually borrowed 10 USB cables from them when trying to decide which USB cable to buy, I'll give them a call and get some stillpoints on loan to try! 

36 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually borrowed 10 USB cables from them when trying to decide which USB cable to buy, I'll give them a call and get some stillpoints on loan to try! 

Try them on Symposium svelte shelf plus too. The Cable Co. is having a free upgrade special on them if you buy the standard svelte. I have my A10 on one and the plus really brings out the best in them. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 4/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, samurai7595 said:

Which USB cable are you using with your Aurender?

I have an Aurender N100H and I just ordered a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB 2.0 digital audio cable based on online reviews.  I'll should be receiving it in about 1 week. 

I've auditioned a total of 11 USB cables so far, and for the moment, I've settled on the Cardas Highspeed 2.0 USB cable. 

That was the best within my system (with the Aurender N100H ). 

Honestly, all cables (including USB) are all about the synergy within your system specifically, so the best in mine, may or may not be the best in yours, no two systems are exactly the same (even if they were identical, still different mains power and different room, and different RF and EMI levels and diff ground loop potential, etc). 

So, the best thing to do is to try and bunch and see which sounds the best!!

I highly recommend auditioning at least 5 different USB cables from The Cable Company (they have a Cable lending library). 

I was amazed how each cable I tried made my system sound COMPLETELY different!!!

If you take my advice, try a couple less expensive and a couple really expensive ones too as an experiment , I ended up preferring one that was in the middle (liked it much better than a $1,000 one which surprised me). 

8 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I highly recommend auditioning at least 5 different USB cables from The Cable Company (they have a Cable lending library). 

I was amazed how each cable I tried made my system sound COMPLETELY different!!!

If you take my advice, try a couple less expensive and a couple really expensive ones too as an experiment , I ended up preferring one that was in the middle (liked it much better than a $1,000 one which surprised me). 

Great advice!

I'd recommend including the Audience Au24 SE amongst those you try.  This has stood up to tough competition and is an excellent value especially if purchased as a demo from The Cable Company.

I found the Au24 easily superior to the LH Labs Lightspeed 10G and Nordost Heimdall.  I thought the Au24 slightly edged out a win over the latest Wireworld Platinum Starlight.  I preferred it to the Nordost Tyr also - especially in light of the price difference (demo Au24 vs Tyr at full retail).  Different systems and different tastes might result in preferring a different cable.

I have an Aurender W20 mid 2016. The only reason I bought that and not the N10 was the Word Clock link function. I have an MSB Select DAC, so I use AES XLR 110ohm cables and a 75ohm BNC Word Clock cable to slave the W20 to my DAC's clocks, which are much more accurate. The sound difference is night and day. I use USB for anything that is MQA, which the Conductor App shows the Tidal list of Masters or high res DSD the AES will handle DSD 64 but no higher. 

I used to have no issues running super high res DSD files until the most recent update which prevented playing any DSD files through USB at all. Apparently Aurender now treat DSD files differently than the previous software which was native DSD, now its DoP and it doesn't work. MSB support tells me that Aurender are aware of the issue and are readying a fix.

Cables: I have pretty much every USB cable you can think of. I found the LightSpeed very detailed but with no warmth and a shimmer on the high, it also was not very musical. I settled on the relatively cheap Transparent Premium USB cable. I use Transparent Gen 5 Ref XL for both the word clock link and the 110 ohm AES XLR data cable. Expensive yes but amazing clarity with great musicality. For Optical I use the $114 Mapleshade Cable, it sounds great and the price is awesome. It is also 14 feet long which they say is the best sounding length for an Optical cable. What is does allow is for the DAC to placed pretty much anywhere and I don't need to worry about the cable touching other cables as its optical and doesn't carry any electrical noise. 

Summary: Love my W20, I don't understand how but I could swear it sounds better than playing the same CD on a Transport. I use XLD for ripping on the Mac.

This is what I get when trying to play a DSD file over USB.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

On 3/31/2017 at 10:33 AM, jdandy said:

Still love my Aurender N10, even more now that I am using the DAC in my new Esoteric K-01X.  This combination is exceptional.

32830204585_b537c2e6ce_z.jpg

Dan,

Great to see you here, and that you enjoy your N10 as much as I do mine with my Ayre QX-5 DAC. 

Bob

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

On 2/13/2017 at 10:13 PM, JS21 said:

Good find.

Yes, please Aurender. First thing that came to mind when I saw the aurender app was the why the brown color. :)

The brown background with yellow letters... It looks like chopped up bananas in chocolate!

I am considering buying the N100H. The Conductor app looks great, except for the colours. I hope that it is possible to choose background and font colours eventually.