IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

I really was hoping to get to the end of June before this happened, but I just checked the order list, and any new REGEN orders placed from this moment forward will not ship until mid-August.

If your order number is between 1382 and 1640, your REGEN is still scheduled to ship in July.

Circuit boards and cases for all of those will be in house by July 6th, and we will assemble and test quickly then, but we will not have enough of the 7.5V/2.93A Mean Well SMPS units on hand to ship all 250 REGENs early-July. Certainly by mid-to-late July and this may improve.

(I've had multiple purchase orders for large quantities with scheduled dates with several distributors for some time--and I have even flown in batches of 30-50 from Europe and Asia where I could find them. Anyone who can find me a good quantity (50-150) of real stock-on-the-shelf of the GS25A07-P1J from a wholesaler will get points and some sort of bonus from me. Don't bother looking in the USA, don't tell me about 5-10 units at some high price somewhere, and don't tell me about deals with a lead time for end-of-July as I'll be covered by then.)

Again, if you place an order now, your order number will be 1640 or above and your REGEN will not ship until August.

I am sorry. Could anyone really have seen this train coming so fast? I've been trying, and each month the parts and order numbers get bigger. We will continue to grow in numerous ways--especially once the next product is announced and shipping.

John and I thank you for all your support and enthusiasm, and we are delighted that everyone is enjoying their USB REGENs so much.

Regards,

--Alex C.

yes I use kernel streaming in Foobar with the Regen

I also use JPLAY6 and AO and had the same issue with a loaned Green Regen the other week. Reinstallation of Windows Server OS with Regen connected and running AO afterwards solved the problem for me.

Thank you both for this information.

I guess I will reinstalling the OS.

How do I determine my order number?

There was no number stated on the PayPal invoice.

You should have received an order acknowledgement e-mail--to the e-mail you entered when you placed the order. Send me a PM with your real name and I'll look it up for you. But I am sure you are in the July batch since the sellout only just occurred. Unless there is a problem with your e-mail address and you happen to be in the June batch. In which case your REGEN is on its way to you already.

Best,

AJC

Anyone who can find me a good quantity (50-150) of real stock-on-the-shelf of the GS25A07-P1J from a wholesaler will get points and some sort of bonus from me. Don't bother looking in the USA, don't tell me about 5-10 units at some high price somewhere, and don't tell me about deals with a lead time for end-of-July as I'll be covered by then.)

Have you tried TRC?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I received my amber yesterday and have not been able to get KS working with my Hugo.

I am also running AO in core mode on my audioPC (2 pc setup )and am sure P&P was disabled. I will try to enable P&P. The ASIO/Wasapi was seen from JPLay - but not KS. I did reinstall the Hugo drivers and installed KS support in AO afterwards, but still no luck.

Anyone else have this issue or can anyone else confirm KS works with the Regen. I am wondering if the hub chip has anything to do with KS, but would like to rule out anything in my local environment first.

I will also have to chime in on the packaging and finished product - very nice work!

audio.bill: Thanks, glad to hear that.

edn4x4: Before going through all of the effort to reinstall the OS I would try running AO again and then letting plug and play remain enabled. Then reboot and try KS again. If that works you can just disable P&P once more by running AO. You could also try leaving Core Mode altogether and rebooting to the full gui.

I am going to re-enable P&P briefly just to make sure that I am getting the full goodness of the Regen.

I am pretty sure that mine is working properly but with my Audiophilia exacerbating my OCD I cannot help myself. Only red wine seems to give lucid moments when I can actually sit back and enjoy music :-)

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

July production of REGEN is now sold out.

The continuing momentum of this product is amazing. I ordered from the first batch prior to any user feedback primarily due to my confidence in the integrity of the developers. I'm very glad I trusted my instincts. So it isn't just signal integrity that's important.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

i cant remember where ive seen it.. maybe the devialet forums.. but im dead certain ive seen someone post that they have a ppa usb card and the regen improved it.
I've got PPA card and am waiting for my Regen. Will post once I have had a chance to Play :-)

Amber Regen now arrived, Installed on Chord Hugo with music server running WS2012, AO 1.31, Jplay6, PPA V2 USB card, PPA TCXO m/board clock, PPA TCXO OS SSD, Teradak ATX275. first impressions are....

Very noticeable improvement! even quieter background, larger sound stage more of everything that everybody else has reported! And its only been running 24hrs so far!

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Amber Regen now arrived, Installed on Chord Hugo with music server running WS2012, AO 1.31, Jplay6, PPA V2 USB card, PPA TCXO m/board clock, PPA TCXO OS SSD, Teradak ATX275. first impressions are....

Very noticeable improvement! even quieter background, larger sound stage more of everything that everybody else has reported! And its only been running 24hrs so far!

Same results here. PPA V2 USB > Mapleshade > Regen > Bifrost uber

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

Wow, I'm blown away that the REGEN yields a noticeable improvement even on a system with all those expensive and well regarded PPA/Teradak components.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Good to hear. What are you using for the USB connection with the Hugo/Regen?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Good to hear. What are you using for the USB connection with the Hugo/Regen?

just using Chord usb silver plus at moment, have been using vertere until regen came, now not needed as have adaptor in place of that.

Currently saving hard for Chord DAVE, then will get PPA ref usb

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

just using Chord usb silver plus at moment, have been using vertere until regen came, now not needed as have adaptor in place of that.

Currently saving hard for Chord DAVE, then will get PPA ref usb

Did you try the Vertere in place of the adaptor?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Did you try the Vertere in place of the adaptor?

No as its over 1m long, but am considering shortening it and then giving it a try

Early this week I received the note from Uptone, my Regen Amber was on the way. Expected delivery Saturday June 20. So today I see the postman drive by, I ran out to open the mail box ... Nothing. I'm po'd. Not at uptone but at the post office.

Go to the USPS website and enroll for real-time tracking updates sent directly to your email. Most accurate way to keep tabs on your deliveries.

Curious - I don't recall many stating little to no improvements with regen.

What would that say about a particular system to not yield any improvements (not taking ones hearing into consideration - more of a hypothetical question)?

Sent from CA app

My rig

It would be useful to consolidate the CA REGEN threads. I just posted my impressions on the DAC subthread about REGEN listening experience, also there is a new snapshot thread. Redundancy = inefficiency, but I share the guilt since I have posted on multiple REGEN threads myself.

I am very happy to see Alex and John getting well-deserved recognition for the REGEN, but strongly believe that transmission of relevant information would be more effective with one (or, perhaps at the most, two) threads under one major heading (music server or DAC).

Oh, Mr. Moderator.....

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

Just got back from an overseas trip this morning and while sifting thru my stuff on the dining table, my wife casually tells me that a small package has come for me. I almost drop my stuff looking for it. USPS Tracking has been showing that the package has left San Francisco 94128 on June 11th and I have been sweating bullets that customs must have intercepted it for whatever reason!

And there it is ... Amber Regen has made it across the seven seas! Eagerly looking forward to my listening session tonight.

Thank you Alex and John!

Regen USPS Package.jpg

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Just got back from an overseas trip this morning and while sifting thru my stuff on the dining table, my wife casually tells me that a small package has come for me. I almost drop my stuff looking for it. USPS Tracking has been showing that the package has left San Francisco 94128 on June 11th and I have been sweating bullets that customs must have intercepted it for whatever reason!

And there it is ... Amber Regen has made it across the seven seas! Eagerly looking forward to my listening session tonight.

Thank you Alex and John!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19292[/ATTACH]

Hello Nikhill,

Congratulations! I am happy for you and for myself. Hope you do not mind my sharing your moments with mine with the arrival of my awaited order. Feeling we can share our moments with the membership (smile).

Saturday mid afternoon, the gentleman who delivers our mail presented me with a highly-desired package. I happily accepted the handoff (smile).

Inside I discovered a very careful and excellently packed (quality protection) compliment of components with their accessories that included a JS-2, MMK, Regen Amber and optional custom DC cable for powering the Regen Amber via JS-2. The packaging demonstrated Alex's and John's care and concern to insure the contents would arrive in as perfect condition as possible given how packages are handled by various shippers. For example, where some offer the cheap styrofoam supports that flake and crack, Alex (his staff?) uses high density/quality spongy, well-designed and substantial (see photo 2) supports that hold the contents securely.

I am taking the time to relate the lengths Alex takes to deliver our components with such care. I (very much) appreciate the thought and choice of materials. It demonstrates to me another person's standards. For example observe photo 3. The packaging for the individual items are excellent as well. It oozes quality and concern for details. I love finding similar actions taken by another that matches how I would want it done, being I am slightly OCD about how I do things.

Thank you Alex and John for introducing me to your components and accessories in such a fine fashion. It tells me so much more about your standards when words and actions match. Hope Nikhill and the membership do not mind my caring on. I was thrilled just to unpack. I have not even played a signal yet.

My friendly older mail person admonished me that the box was a touch heavy. (He knows I had back surgery some time ago). It did feel hefty. When I held the box that alone holds the JS-2, I realized what contributed to the heft. The JS-2, as other recipients have declared, is very well presented, attractive aesthetically, and well protected. The JS-2 is beautifully fabricated, substantial materials and elegant in its simplicity. I love the amber (?) light that fills the "p" of "UpTone" on the face of the JS-2. It signifies quality.

Given the adjustments I made to the re-arrangement of my main system, I stopped after placing and installing the JS-2 next to my Mac Mini (mid 2011 Thunderbolt edition). The JS-2 is my first LPS so I am not familiar with other models and design. I felt so good about the addition and its under-stated aesthetics and had a moment when the amber light ignited. The feedback from turning on the JS-2 untethered (so far) when amber light, the silent stillness of the JS-2 made a marvelous impression on me.

Addition: I left out the following: I also love the fact that the JS-2 DC outlets "1" and "2" were preset at 7V and 12V, respectively. Just for me? I plan to use the JS-2 to power my Mac Mini (with MMK installed) from DC Outlet 2 set at 12V and the Regen Amber (after trying the Mean Well SMPS) from Outlet 1 set at 7V. Had someone pre-set the JS-2 to correspond with my intended use given the optional custom DC cable for the JS-2 to Regen Amber was part of the order? I'd prefer to believe someone at UpTone Audio pre-set my JS-2 for me as another example of the marvelous support and service. I know, I am sounding like a fan-boy already. I prefer, enthusiast (smile).

Today, I will add the Regen Amber after listening without the Regen. I intend to connect the Regen Amber using the solid connector. The installation of the MMK will be perhaps another day. I really want to take my time staging the steps of change/enhancement/discernment of what UpTone Audio components deliver to a system I so enjoy "as it is presently". What follows is to be discovered. I am enlisting my wife to do an unsighted survey of her listening experiences as I add one element after another. I'll report back when I can offer a considered time spent with my new system.

I also have to get up enough nerve to do the surgery to install the MMK. I woke up at 3:27AM and actually read the 11 page instructions. I had already visited the iFixit.com site to view the photographs and text assistance. That was intimidating enough. I had to read Alex's (?), John's (?) instructions just to go back to sleep. So I am experiencing an odd juxtaposition between dread (smile) and excitement and a distant voice on (which side of my shoulder) whispering "if you don't f**kitup". (Still smiling.) HELP!

Thank you Alex, John. Truly excited about the quality of build and aesthetics, and, of course, the possibilities for change for the better. "I'll be baach" (in Arnold's. accent.)

Enjoy the music,

Richard

thumb_IMG_0762_1024.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

thumb_IMG_0678_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0729_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0679_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0751_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0752_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0755_1024.jpg