IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

Best of luck "g". The only other thing I found digging through the "archives" is the following, I don't think it is applicable in your situation, but what the heck. Pulled from an earlier discussion a long long time ago.

Additional message: Some of the WiFi router will block UDP multicast completely by default as they consider SSDP multicast message as a DDoS attack package. If customer is using this type of WiFi router, they need to make sure not active the 'firewall' function. or add an exception for SSDP multicast.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Thanks guys, you are too kind, just trying to give a little payback for all I have learned over the years from others.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

He certainly gets my vote too!

Distinctive will remember that I went through the try to support challenge for a number of years. Was fun though and we learn a lot and get to meet a lot of fine folks. On and off the forums.

thanks again Barr.

Quick question -- is there a one-step way to clear the queue? From what I've figured out so far, one has to open queue, tap Edit, and then tap Clear.

Quoting my own question because I've found the answer: When I want to play a new album, there's no need to clear the queue in the Aries, because the one-click "Tap to Play" command (just tap the album title) automatically clears the queue and loads the new album. Simple and convenient.

Guildenstern

Sorry if this has been covered before (and maybe this is a a planned feature of the 2.0 update) but I remember there was some plan to add iPhone support? I don't have an iPad and am not particularly interested in getting one, but I do have an iPhone and it would be great to control the Aries using that.

Aries Mini -> Audioquest Forest -> Musical Fidelity M6si -> Nordost White -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra RAAL tower

Kinsky Kazoo sure does work and work well for the Mac. Finally a solution for the Mac with a search function! Great for working on the computer and being able to quickly change screens and not have to pickup the iPad.

Kazoo.png

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Does the Tidal access on Kazoo work with the Aries? It is supposed to work with other non-Linn streamers, but requires the BubbleUPnP Server helper application also running on the computer or NAS.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Does the Tidal access on Kazoo work with the Aries? It is supposed to work with other non-Linn streamers, but requires the BubbleUPnP Server helper application also running on the computer or NAS.

I cancelled Tidal so I can't help you.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

is there any info about DS 2.0 release?

Im seriously thinking to sell Aries, as app is buggy and not stable as I aspected.

Really? I don't have such issues. In fact I find LDS less buggy compared to JR. Not to mention that LDS is still in its infancy.

Really? I don't have such issues. In fact I find LDS less buggy compared to JR. Not to mention that LDS is still in its infancy.

The only problem I continue to have is I have to constantly refresh the cache to external hard drives attached to the Aries if I switch

back from using Songcast,Airplay ,etc. I never turn off the Aries ,which makes it even more puzzling.

Its a pain and I just end up using minimserver because of the hassle,even though

I feel a external hard drive sounds slightly better.

I will say,after going through the Logitech Media Server software in its infancy,it is certainly

more stable and a much better start then that software.

I'm on the fence right now, but more than likely will cancel TIDAL as well. I'm not sure that I'll want to hang in there to see how the ineviteable shakeout of this music service goes. I'm wondering how the CA community is feeling about TIDAL now that it is under new management.

Understood . And when the inevitable shakeout of music services happens,that may be a smarter decision

then sticking to a music service.

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

I'm on the fence right now, but more than likely will cancel TIDAL as well. I'm not sure that I'll want to hang in there to see how the ineviteable shakeout of this music service goes. I'm wondering how the CA community is feeling about TIDAL now that it is under new management.

I'd say so far, so good. I was an original MOG subscriber and when they were acquired by Beats and then Apple, the service got totally hosed up. I was a TIDAL subscriber before the acquisition and I haven't seen any downside so far.

I'd say so far, so good. I was an original MOG subscriber and when they were acquired by Beats and then Apple, the service got totally hosed up. I was a TIDAL subscriber before the acquisition and I haven't seen any downside so far.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep TIDAL for a while longer, I think. We'll see how it goes.

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

I'm not sure that I'll want to hang in there to see how the ineviteable shakeout of this music service goes. I'm wondering how the CA community is feeling about TIDAL now that it is under new management.

I've been delighted with TIDAL through my Aries. Playback has been nearly flawless.

The one issue I encounter may be the result of getting logged out of TIDAL after a period of inactivity (like overnight). I can't just pick up the next day from where I left off and continue to play the current contents of a queue filled with songs from TIDAL. Playback restarts only after revisiting the Online Streaming section in Lightning DS, as this appears to log me back in.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I've been delighted with TIDAL through my Aries. Playback has been nearly flawless.

The one issue I encounter may be the result of getting logged out of TIDAL after a period of inactivity (like overnight). I can't just pick up the next day from where I left off and continue to play the current contents of a queue filled with songs from TIDAL. Playback restarts only after revisiting the Online Streaming section in Lightning DS, as this appears to log me back in.

I agree that Tidal playback on the Aries has been flawless. On my computers,not so much,though it seems to have improved quite a bit recently. On my iphone ,I download most everything so its great there

Thanks for the feedback. It's been very helpful.

I agree that Tidal playback on the Aries has been flawless. On my computers,not so much,though it seems to have improved quite a bit recently. On my iphone ,I download most everything so its great there