IGNORED

HQ Player

Having issues running HQP 3.14 on Server R2. I uninstalled the previous version. Installed the version 3.14 but when I try to run HQP I get the error:

The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried installing the same runtime that I did for NAA but it wont install properly. I get an error now.

I can re-install version 3.13.3 and run it without any problems. Any ideas?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Having issues running HQP 3.14 on Server R2. I uninstalled the previous version. Installed the version 3.14 but when I try to run HQP I get the error:

The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried installing the same runtime that I did for NAA but it wont install properly. I get an error now.

I can re-install version 3.13.3 and run it without any problems. Any ideas?

Ok it took me a few hours but I got version 3.14 working. I had to install updates to Server Essentials before I Runtime would install correctly. Everything is working again!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

HQPlayer Desktop and HQPlayer Embedded 3.14.0 released!

... Hardware requirements bumped up....

I hope you don't mean we need new CPU's ???

On another topic I noticed EMM Labs DA2 does DSD1024. Any crazy wealthy folks tried HQPlayer DSD1024 versus DSD512?

Thanks

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

@Miska, every once in a while I get the error from Roon that it has lost control of the output device. What I typically have to do is go into File >> Settings of HQP then just cancel out without making any changes and everything works again.

I am not sure if this a Roon, HQP, or NAA issue. I am on version 3.14 of HQP and 3.4 of NAA.

Other components:

All. This is a newbie question but I haven't found a definitive answer in my searches. I am looking to dive into the deepend using HQ PLayer/Roon/mRendu to upsample to DSD256. Can anyone offer the minimum specs that I would need to get in an off the shelf Windows PC to comfortably run DSD256? My guess is that the following would be sufficient:

Windows 10

i5 Core

16 GB ram

Ideally, I would like to have enough reserve power to upsample to 512 but my DAC can't handle that at the moment. Thanks.

P.S. I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this question

All. This is a newbie question but I haven't found a definitive answer in my searches. I am looking to dive into the deepend using HQ PLayer/Roon/mRendu to upsample to DSD256. Can anyone offer the minimum specs that I would need to get in an off the shelf Windows PC to comfortably run DSD256? My guess is that the following would be sufficient:

Windows 10

i5 Core

16 GB ram

Ideally, I would like to have enough reserve power to upsample to 512 but my DAC can't handle that at the moment. Thanks.

P.S. I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this question

and i5 quad with at least 8gb of RAM should do DSD256. I am using an older i7-3770s and when I do DSD256 the cpu load is around 30-40%. Personally if I were you I would pay a little more and get and i7.

Other components:

and i5 quad with at least 8gb of RAM should do DSD256. I am using an older i7-3770s and when I do DSD256 the cpu load is around 30-40%. Personally if I were you I would pay a little more and get and i7.

Thanks for the comment. It is probably worth getting more power than I need. This whole endeavor seems pretty complex but upsampling in Audirvana has convinced me that the effort will probably be worth it.

Thanks for the comment. It is probably worth getting more power than I need. This whole endeavor seems pretty complex but upsampling in Audirvana has convinced me that the effort will probably be worth it.

You will not be disappointed. HQP sounds incredible to me.

Other components:

@Miska, every once in a while I get the error from Roon that it has lost control of the output device. What I typically have to do is go into File >> Settings of HQP then just cancel out without making any changes and everything works again.

I am not sure if this a Roon, HQP, or NAA issue. I am on version 3.14 of HQP and 3.4 of NAA.

If you can manage to make this happen with logs from both HQPlayer and NAA it would help figuring out what goes wrong...

Could be that the connection to NAA is lost and that makes HQPlayer stop which in turns makes Roon give up control because it thinks you've intervened in the HQPlayer GUI. But just starting playback again from Roon should re-establish the connection.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Could Miska visit this post and download the Signalyst played files and make a recommendation how to fix?

The transition between tracks is pretty bumpy and the gapped track has a click in between tracks, thank you.

I cannot do or say much about those. I could test with the originals to check if things work correctly for me.

But generally, I'm not surprised if there are issues when using USB drive for playing to USB DAC.

I'm using Thunderbolt drive on my Mac Mini and before that I was using FW800 drive, both without issues. When playing from network (gigabit switched ethernet), the drive is 7200 rpm enterprise server HDD connected to 6 Gbps SATA. Server is Xeon E5 with 32 GB of RAM, so pretty much entire album ends up being serviced from the RAM cache.

HQPlayer Desktop and HQPlayer Embedded 3.14.0 released!

For Network Audio Adapter endpoints, improved discovery and support for IPv6 (Win/Linux). New modulator for DSD512+ rates rates and new filter variants. Added minimum-phase variant for two new filters. Hardware requirements bumped up. Lot of bug fixes and other improvements.

i don't see the embedded 3.14.0 download

i don't see the embedded 3.14.0 download

For Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus it was immediately available:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/xenial/

Package for Debian Stretch has just been built and uploaded...

Ubuntu Trusty is not going to get HQPlayer packages anymore, and anybody using Trusty should upgrade their systems to Xenial. The system upgrade is officially supported by Ubuntu/Canonical.