IGNORED

HQ Player

30 minutes ago, itguy61 said:

Not that I am aware.  I did not install or update anything on the OS in a long time.  I did update the OS last night as I was falling behind, and I get the same behavior, no DSD but I do get PCM.   ONE thing I did notice is that the dac displays the resolution on the display when you first play a PCM in or. a DSD in.  It displays the resolution on both but no sound comes out for DSD.   I could be barking up the wrong tree, but this seems like the file is getting to the dac but no sound is being generated to the analogue outs.  

For DACs which don't support 48k based DSD some filter and sample rate combinations are unplayable. But that's not the case with filters form your picture, which allow any conversion ratio.

I would try it on some other computer, maybe with other player, maybe with a DSF file - no resampling, some easy case.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
3 hours ago, bogi said:

No change related to USB driver happened on your Mac?

You could try any other DSD capable player.

I even tried switching usb ports and no change.  I can hear a slight hiss, like the noise floor coming. on for the analogue outputs o the dac, when I try to play a DSD file.  The very faint hissing stops when I press the stop button on HQ player.  So the DAC is outputting something just not music sound.  

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Just a short notice at this point...

I had a serious health issue on Nov 18th and ended up in urgent surgery operation. I'm now back home and will try to catch up with things, but I'm not capable of operating at my normal pace yet.

P.S. I was preparing new Embedded release just before this happened. It is practically ready, so likely I can get it out soon.

Oh no, I wish you well in recovery.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, bogi said:

For DACs which don't support 48k based DSD some filter and sample rate combinations are unplayable. But that's not the case with filters form your picture, which allow any conversion ratio.

I would try it on some other computer, maybe with other player, maybe with a DSF file - no resampling, some easy case.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I installed HQPlayer on my laptop and tested with the DAC,  to my surprise it worked for DSD.  At first I thought, oh crap how am I going to figure this out now.   But I discovered I had s USB extension cable on this that was no longer needed and when I eliminated the extension cable and plugged it back into the Mac Studio, DSD files are working again.  Roon plays them as well.

No idea why it would play PCM only, but eliminating the extension cable resolved it.  Note to self, back to troubleshooting 101 in the future, not matter what check cables and connections. 

14 hours ago, Miska said:

I had a serious health issue on Nov 18th and ended up in urgent surgery operation. I'm now back home and will try to catch up with things, but I'm not capable of operating at my normal pace yet.

P.S. I was preparing new Embedded release just before this happened. It is practically ready, so likely I can get it out soon.

Holloe.

Welcome back and a speedy recovery wish for you. Take care.

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

14 hours ago, Miska said:

Get better, 🙏 health first 👍

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

@Miska apologies if you've explained elsewhere already, but could you comment on the ASDM7ECv3 modulator vs ASDM7EC Super?
I'm unclear as to which of these is the theoretically better option. (Also the ASDM7EC Super 512fs+ although I presume that vs standard super is more of a different vs better approach as with the previous standard vs pseudo-multibit modulators?)

If someone isn't limited on compute power and is playing at either x512 or x1024 is there a 'best' option generally? 

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

On 11/27/2023 at 7:54 AM, Miska said:

very sorry to hear this brother. rest, recover well — we are all super grateful for you and wish you the very best.

HQPe on 7950/4090/Ubuntu 23.04 → Holo Red → T+A DAC200 / Wavedream Sig-Bal / Holo May KTE 

Zähl HM1 / Mass Kobo 465 / Feliks Envy  → Susvara / D8KP-LE / MYSPHERE 3.1 / ...

LTA Z40+ → Salk Song3 BeAT

Pass XP25 → Salk BePure 2

8 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

Here are some places where you can find them:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/which-hqp-filter-are-you-using-2023/244185/833

Also listen to the new DSD1024 modulator AHM7EC5L. I'm completely blown away by the resolution and transparency. 

Appreciate it.

I'm specifically trying to find info on the v3 vs super modulator in particular.

I've seen @Miskas posts on the 512+fs modulators but haven't seen much info on the differences between v3 and super

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

4 hours ago, Zauurx said:

@Miska I don't understand.

I have a bug on my win10 server.

Now, when i enable matrix, the system reboot. Without, no problem !!
I search... 

Something there that makes you run out of RAM? Although that usually just freezes Windows. Some memory or power issue is another possibility. Or a driver issue, I had similar issue once when Windows update changed the Windows graphics stack, and Intel graphics driver wasn't automatically updated. Resulted in strange crashes.

Generally, applications shouldn't be able to crash the OS, no matter what. So this is either power, or low level OS issue. Typical consequence from voltage rail sag due to power consumption spike is system reboot.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 11/27/2023 at 4:54 AM, Miska said:

So sorry to hear.  Please take your time and get your strength back.   This is unimportant compared to your health.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:17 PM, Mops911 said:

I replaced my motherboard and killed my cpu deliding it, hence a new kit, z790 apex encore and a i7-14900kf ;-)

It seems that I have to run this cpu on a way higher wattage than the old i9-13900T.

Yeah, there is certainly a pretty big difference between T and K series.

- I turned off ALL virtualization features in BIOS, raid, VT etc. Is this GOOD?

I usually just "Load optimized defaults", then switch RAM to use XMP profile and set fans to silent profile.

- Would you expect that the i7 (all e cores disabled) is really quiet a bit less powerful?

Specification wise, i7 is same power consumption as i9. Likely there is some small difference though. But I wouldn't disable E-cores.

On 11/18/2023 at 3:51 PM, copy_of_a said:

Why does the phase look so crazy when we convert EQ parameters to with linear phase?

hqp_plot.jpg.2c47df885fe56f7f9128a73beb41ff80.jpg

Because linear phase has plenty of delay, especially for high frequencies. I could also plot the graph so that it can go to thousands of dregrees in phase and then it would look like a straight sloped line.

25 minutes ago, Miska said:

EC, ECv2 and ECv3 are evolution of the same modulator.

Then EC-super and EC-light are rework based on learnings on the earlier work and some new findings.

While the new AHM is parallel work that has been ongoing for long time in experimental form to heavily leverage on the highest rates. Still very much subject to changes and improvements. Minimum DSD1024, but would be a lot better at DSD2048.

So is the 'super' modulator in theory better than v3?

And as a separate question, currently for those running a May, would you recommend AHM @ 1024 or the other modulators (at whatever rate can be ran)?

4 hours ago, GoldenOne said:

And as a separate question, currently for those running a May, would you recommend AHM @ 1024 or the other modulators (at whatever rate can be ran)?

Haalo.

As reported elsewhere, I am enthralled with the most inflection of vocals, levitating transients, and soundscape presence with the preferred modulator of which who remains 1024x48 AMSDM7EC 512 +fs with poly sinc hires lp filter. And, of which has persisted since discovery one year ago.

In addition, it also provides unique imaging nuances to my head unit that I cannot associate with any other thus far in testing. 
Even though certain filters remain elusive with my build, I shall continue my search as technology and finances allow.

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

23 minutes ago, Apollo said:

a lot of us are waiting on Embedded 5.3 to be able to try it out.

It’s out at least for Ubuntu and OS.  I didn’t check the others but if not for those- should be soon I would think. 

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.