IGNORED

HQ Player

9 hours ago, Miska said:

You could try the new modulators, let us know what you think! At least not necessarily any better than DSD256/DSD512 with more regular modulators, but certainly different!

Just tried the new AHM modulator with my Mini M2 Pro.  Amazing that I can now play DSD1024 !!  Of interest though, it would not work for me at 48 x 512 output - I had to select  48 x 1024.

13 minutes ago, Schafheide said:

Just tried the new AHM modulator with my Mini M2 Pro.  Amazing that I can now play DSD1024 !!  Of interest though, it would not work for me at 48 x 512 output - I had to select  48 x 1024.

Yes, DSD1024 is absolute minimum for it. It would be even better at DSD2048 if such DAC existed (maybe one day it will).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

@Miska

what‘s the purpose (a possible use case) of converting parametric EQ to convolution EQ?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Hi @Miska.

I have been getting some great results with DSD 512 auto rate and EC modulators. HQPlayer 4. All filters I have wanted to try work, except Sinc-L (Sinc-Ll, and Sinc-Lm work) However Sinc-L works with sources with rates from 96k and up. But not on 44.1k and 48k.

I can see that on 96k or even 192k ram usage goes up quite a bit. (I have only 16 gigs, planning to upgrade at Black Friday). Does 44.1k require more ram than hires? Or could there be another reason for these rates not to work with Sinc-L?

My DAC is a Gustard X16 on Ubuntu server minimal with networkaudiod.

Heloe.

Tried 5.3.0 last night. Also, tried with all other sincs, closed form, ext2, guass long, as well as sinc short, medium and long filters at 1024x44.1. Most all trialed with the exception of sinc L that did not work. Will continue with different others again.

mxahm7ec5l.thumb.png.67d661010318355a50955051a1b3a028.png

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

AHM7EC5L (acronym for ??) @1024 is now my go to modulator for PCM sources. LF extension and cleanness are outstanding as is the presentation

@MiskaA little up about HQPD control that ceased to see what's going on

the connection logo is (still) green though,

delete / reinstall on my iphone did not solve an eventual update issue

of course I checked via Client that network control is enable

1 hour ago, Kalpesh said:

AHM7EC5L (acronym for ??) @1024 is now my go to modulator for PCM sources. LF extension and cleanness are outstanding as is the presentation

Adaptime Hybrid Modulator, 7th order, Extended Compensation, 5-Level

1 hour ago, Kalpesh said:

@MiskaA little up about HQPD control that ceased to see what's going on

the connection logo is (still) green though,

delete / reinstall on my iphone did not solve an eventual update issue

of course I checked via Client that network control is enable

@Ales Prochazka is the right person to answer these. I don't think I made any changes to the control API.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hello friends. Before the next total update of my current PC, a first generation i7, with which I am very limited with Hqp in terms of filters, convolutions and others, I would like, please, your opinion regarding going directly for the current one. i9 14900 K or wait for the next meteor lake which seems to be a step forward in processing capacity. Thanks for your opinion....

11 hours ago, Miska said:

Another thing is possibility to convert it to a linear phase EQ filter.

Thanks Miska!

Great option!

What kind of linear filtering did you implement? Forward-Backward? What’s the delay (length)?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

On 11/16/2023 at 7:45 AM, Kalpesh said:

quickly tested new AHM 

Studio M1

even 7EC works with 24/96 source Sinc Mga. not sure I like it. Sounds a bit thin and desincarnated disembodied compared to 7EC Super @256. Headphones lovers would love it I guess (can't miss the breathings of the violin player !)Would need more tracks. I'm mainly disturbed by the image that seems diluted, the pianoforte floats. Maybe the recording

neither works with DSD 64 source (veiled sound + static that goes on quite a while after stop)

PS : tested a complex choir with percussions (24/88): wooh ! very promising, telluric timbales even with a quite flat in room response till 1K, good placement and intelligibility of what is sung

What the technical data say for a May when you suggested 256 might be the sweet spot rather than 512 ?

Mea culpa : I probably goofed with ratios : with a Studio M1 DSD 64 (+convo ; Stereo but not Mch) is well playable @1024 with AHM7. 128 almost, few interrupts but interrupts ; anyway it's marginal afaik

Time for a CPU upgrade and hoping to some advice.  I've been using my trusty old workstation with a Broadwell-E 6850K, 32GB, plus an upgrade to a RTX3900 STRIX card during the shortage.  I'd like to buy a CPU/motherboard/ram that will best take advantage of the card I already have, since I had to pay top dollar for the 3900.  

Has anyone had experience where a 3900 is no longer beneficial as coprocessing with a current high end CPU?  Thanks!

@Miska, in the 5.3 manual for the new modulators AHM5EC and AHM7EC, you put a warning in the text body about limited SNR and caution not to use them if HQP is your volume control.  What are the dangers of using these filters with a loudspeaker system if HQP is your volume control?  I have a traditional preamp so I have no issues, but a friend uses HQP volume only, these modulators would give him the opportunity to listen to 1024 with EC but what could he damage by using them?

3 hours ago, Quadman said:

What are the dangers of using these filters with a loudspeaker system if HQP is your volume control?

There are no “dangers” per se, just possibility of noise in your speaker output. Just less headroom so it depends on the overall digital attenuation vs amplifier gain.

I have a windows PC with an RTX4070 and an externally powered USB OCXO card running Roon and HQplayer connected via USB to a HOLO MAY 3.  HQplayer sees the HOLO MAY and enables DSD1024. However, the Holo MAY only receives DSD512. How do I get the PC to output DSD1024 for receipt by the HOLO MAY.