IGNORED

HQ Player

44 minutes ago, EMINENT said:

Apologies. I did not mean to imply it works on igpu alone. I meant it works on cpu alone without the need to add a gpu.

I understand.  Thank you.  Do you know if using CUDA with your 3090  would help or slow HQplayer with your new CPU?

1 hour ago, gsbrva said:

I understand.  Thank you.  Do you know if using CUDA with your 3090  would help or slow HQplayer with your new CPU?

It can only help. As previously mentioned for offloading filters, eq, and convolution. However, what works for me may not be the same for you. You may prefer settings that require gpu or not. 

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

Hi i'm running HQP 5 on my main win11 desktop, which i also use for daily operation suggest as browsing and watching youtube etc.

as i'm using rtx3050, i enabled nvidia super resolution which benefit for my desktop use.

so far there is no problem when i playing music and have video playing with nvidia super resolution together.

my question is, shall i disable nvidia super resolution to leave the GPU solely to HQP for maximize SQ point of view ?

If your CPU is Intel then it may contain internal graphics. You can optionally configure which apps should use which graphics controller. So in such a case you can free up your nVidia GPU from all other apps and use it only for HQPlayer.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 hours ago, erekola said:

A little surprising that the 4080 helps much more.

4080.png

Does your combo work for 1024 sinc MX or L with either AMSDM7EC 512 +fs or ASDM7ECV2?

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

I have suddenly lost the ability to play DSD files.  I am on a Mac Studio, M1 Pro processor.  I am running OS Ventura 13.6.2 and have update to the latest version of HQ Player 4.  This was working prior to this weekend. I use Roon as a front end.  Have powered everything up including the DAC, Topping D50S, and no sound on DSD.  I can play PCM fine, either through Roon or HQ Player.  I cannot play DSD directly through HQ Player and get any sound.   PCM works fine.  

Nothing changed or updated since last weekend.  It just stopped having sound on DSD playback.  

See screenshot of settings.  

Could this be a DAC issue? I have had this for several years.  

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 7.03.35 PM.png

On 11/16/2023 at 7:38 AM, wakalaaaa said:

Hi,

After updating the latest two firmwares of A26,  I found that with dsd direct turned on, the external clock did not work. When I unplugged my clock cable, the music continued to play.  Turn off dsd direct, unplug the clock cable, and the music will stop immediately

Signalyst page mentions A26 this way:
Gustard A26 (with DSD Direct firmware fix)
I think you have to wait for Miska to answer, since he tested the DAC and initiated the firmware fix.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
7 hours ago, Triplefun said:

Have you tried turning off dop and selecting 48k. Also check your volume.

Still no sound on DSD.  I have not changed any settings in 18 months since I upgraded to version 4.  No problems until now.  I am suspecting something with the Dac, cannot see anything else it could be unless somebody has some idea that pans out. 

7 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Try to exclude Roon and play directly from HQP

It does not have sound playing directly out of HQP with Roon shut down.  I always test that first if I have any issues.  Only sound on PCM.  Just happened randomly without any changes being made.  

21 minutes ago, itguy61 said:

It does not have sound playing directly out of HQP with Roon shut down.  I always test that first if I have any issues.  Only sound on PCM.  Just happened randomly without any changes being made.  

Please change your settings to DSD-128,

DSD-256 is native DSD, Dop can only be set to DSD-128

Ericcatz

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Sennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

13 minutes ago, ericcatz said:

Please change your settings to DSD-128,

DSD-256 is native DSD, Dop can only be set to DSD-128

Ericcatz

No change. BTW, I have been using DOP 256 for years.  DOP will do 256 but not 512.   The settings in the screen shot have been this way since I bought the Mac Studio and upgraded to HQP 4 19 months ago.  Nothing was changed and it just stopped playing sound with DSD but not PCM.

37 minutes ago, itguy61 said:

No change. BTW, I have been using DOP 256 for years.  DOP will do 256 but not 512.   The settings in the screen shot have been this way since I bought the Mac Studio and upgraded to HQP 4 19 months ago.  Nothing was changed and it just stopped playing sound with DSD but not PCM.

No change related to USB driver happened on your Mac?

You could try any other DSD capable player.

1 hour ago, bogi said:

No change related to USB driver happened on your Mac?

You could try any other DSD capable player.

Not that I am aware.  I did not install or update anything on the OS in a long time.  I did update the OS last night as I was falling behind, and I get the same behavior, no DSD but I do get PCM.   ONE thing I did notice is that the dac displays the resolution on the display when you first play a PCM in or. a DSD in.  It displays the resolution on both but no sound comes out for DSD.   I could be barking up the wrong tree, but this seems like the file is getting to the dac but no sound is being generated to the analogue outs.  

24 minutes ago, itguy61 said:

What is A26?  If you are referring to Mac, yes you can only use DOP on Mac at a max of 256

Probably I am source of confusion. At first I thought you have Gustard A26, but that's other issue from other thread, it mixed up in my head, sorry. :D Then I corrected my post, but sworksone had already read it.