IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5 Beta

Hello Damien,

Function "Add file to iTunes" does not function any more since the 1.4.9.10 version…

Confirmed here, as well - not limited to just .ISO files, can't' add *any* files (including FLAC, DSF, etc.) to iTunes library using the "add files. . ." function.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

can't' add *any* files (including FLAC, DSF, etc.) to iTunes library using the "add files. . ." function.

... haven't still tried with 1.5, but in these last 4-5 days I added *many* Flacs using 1.4.9.11

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

can't' add *any* files (including FLAC, DSF, etc.) to iTunes library using the "add files. . ." function.

ok: playing right now Flac tracks added to iTunes using A+ 1.5

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Confirmed here, as well - not limited to just .ISO files, can't' add *any* files (including FLAC, DSF, etc.) to iTunes library using the "add files. . ." function.

Same problem with me. In earlier versions this worked fine.

Same problem with me. In earlier versions this worked fine.

There is an issue with the "Proxy only, no sound". I've fixed it and it will be in 1.5.1 I'm going to issue shortly.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

There is an issue with the "Proxy only, no sound". I've fixed it and it will be in 1.5.1 I'm going to issue shortly.

Damien

Hi Damien,

Please remember to add the user possibility to mark a full album as "Out of phase", instead of track by track.

Also, when you have the time, answer my PM. I know it's busy world!

Kind regards,

Roch

that only happens under some circumstances, I guess, as... that's how I use it :-0

headphones system:

I seem to have developed a problem with 1.5 that did not exist yesterday when I initially upgraded. When playing songs in A+ playlist (dropped from Itunes) the song will not play through. It may play for 10 seconds or a minute, but always stops with a message that flashes once in the upper left of the A+ display that says "stopped audio playback" and quickly disappears. None of the songs will now play through.

Is there some setup that I have wrong or is this another bug? I NEVER had a problem at all before this upgrade. Thanks.

Further info. I have shut down my MB Pro, switched usb ports and reset my Mytek DAC. Same problem persists.

I also tried playing from Itunes integrated mode and playing stops after a few seconds with the message "releasing itunes playback"

Has ANYONE else had this issue?

How can I install the previous release. I purged my download folder a week ago and don't know how to downgrade now to the earlier release.

Thanks

One last comment - switched from USB to firewire. Same problem still occurring. I don't know what else to try at this point. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

How much RAM do you have ?

And is the stopping occurring with Direct mode set to off ?

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

How much RAM do you have ?

And is the stopping occurring with Direct mode set to off ?

Damien

I'm maxed out at 16 gb ram. I keep 12 gb available to A+. but direct mode was checked on as it has been on all previous versions. Tonight I will turn off direct mode and advise result.

Thanks.

is anyone else having constant itunes crashes? 11.0.3 with A+.

Yes, constant crashes for me too after upgrading to v1.5. Sometime just by clicking to play a song within iTunes! Not sure whether that is related to importing songs / ripping CDs with XLD which I've been doing more recently too.

In addition, looking forward to v1.5.1 since I can't import DSD either.

Yes, constant crashes for me too after upgrading to v1.5. Sometime just by clicking to play a song within iTunes! Not sure whether that is related to importing songs / ripping CDs with XLD which I've been doing more recently too.

In addition, looking forward to v1.5.1 since I can't import DSD either.

My guess is that maybe it's something related to sample rate changes. The only way I could force the crash was using itunes and jriver. I leave itunes open for library changes and playback duties goes for JRiver. When playing a track with 96khz after playing one with 44, iTunes crashes.

I re-installed iTunes and repaired osx permissions. Haven't tested just yet. Lets see how it goes.

My guess is that maybe it's something related to sample rate changes. The only way I could force the crash was using itunes and jriver. I leave itunes open for library changes and playback duties goes for JRiver. When playing a track with 96khz after playing one with 44, iTunes crashes.

I re-installed iTunes and repaired osx permissions. Haven't tested just yet. Lets see how it goes.

I concur that the sample rate changes may be triggering the crashes with iTunes opened. I learned this from another software player designer who spend considerable time sorting it out. His conclusion at least for his player was to set the system sound to built in output and change the preference file for output in the player to the output being used, in my case, a W4S Dac2SE. I have had no crashes since following those steps. Excuse me Damien for these suggestions without checking with you first. Anything I have thus written that is not useful, please address. I mean to support not hinder.

Best,

Richard

I, too, have had the exact problem. I was reluctant to say anything as I figured I might be doing something wrong and these things usually work out. Whether in integrated or non-integrated mode, it plays a few seconds then stops, just as described above. Nothing changed as to hardware. The last beta was working great. Have tried reboots, permission repairs, everything I could think of or has been recommended previously to no avail.

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

I, too, have had the exact problem. I was reluctant to say anything as I figured I might be doing something wrong and these things usually work out. Whether in integrated or non-integrated mode, it plays a few seconds then stops, just as described above. Nothing changed as to hardware. The last beta was working great. Have tried reboots, permission repairs, everything I could think of or has been recommended previously to no avail.

My crashes occur no matter what format I play including DSD and or the native or upsampled frequency. It occurs whether or not Itunes is open or closed. BTY I have not updated to latest version of Itunes so I know that is not the problem. I have closed and restarted all programs, changed USB ports, changed output to FW and even used the internal MB Pro speakers. Nothing plays. This MUST be an A+ issue (maybe??).

My crashes occur no matter what format I play including DSD and or the native or upsampled frequency. It occurs whether or not Itunes is open or closed. BTY I have not updated to latest version of Itunes so I know that is not the problem. I have closed and restarted all programs, changed USB ports, changed output to FW and even used the internal MB Pro speakers. Nothing plays. This MUST be an A+ issue (maybe??).

I'm greatly interested in getting the crash log, Debug Info, and any other details you may have to help me understand what is happening on your system. Please send them using the contact form on audirvana dot com.

Damien

I'm greatly interested in getting the crash log, Debug Info, and any other details you may have to help me understand what is happening on your system. Please send them using the contact form on audirvana dot com.

Damien

Thanks for your help Damien. I am not back in town until late tonight. Might not be able to get info to you until tomorrow evening, but I will gladly comply with your request ASAP.