IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5 Beta

Odd. A+ 1.5.1, after not working at all for the first 48 hours after I upgraded, suddenly decided to play nicely with others.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Upgraded to Audirvana v1.5.1 last night. I thought it sounded notably better than v1.5 over my Mac mini>USB Schiit Gungnir>DIY tube amp>LCD-2.2 headphones. Soundstage was larger and everything was outside of my head. A first for my LCD-2.2s. There was also a natural sounding increase in inner detail. I could just listen and enjoy, and it was very hard to shut down and go to bed. No glitches to note.

Anybody experiencing dropouts with 1.5.0, that is a second or two of no music in the middle of a tune?

Thought it was gap in recording, but upon replaying the same tune, no dropout.

Has happened about three times over a period of a couple of hours of play.

Tone with Soul

I just compared 1.5.1 to 1.4.9.11. The beta was better - on tricky female vocals, at least. Joanna Newsom was intolerable on 1.5.1.

I hope that the great sound of the beta versions can be reclaimed in future releases.

The beta seems to work perfectly on Mountain Lion with the Burson Confuctor DAC. Sounds awesome.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Crashes consistently on me when trying to play a podcast.

This forces a computer restart to get the sound output through the DAC.

Here's a dump:

Process: Audirvana Plus [491]

Path: /Applications/Audirvana Plus.app/Contents/MacOS/Audirvana Plus

Identifier: com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

Version: 1.5.1 (1.5.1)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [171]

Date/Time: 2013-06-07 11:26:47.310 +0100

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)

Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 37463 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 3749

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 7745 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 5

Anonymous UUID: 7677B26A-FCCB-4C64-B133-82AFC8FAC228

Crashed Thread: 4 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-priority

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Mark.

Main: Roon->Auralic Polaris ->Chord Silver Carnival ->Martin Logan EM-ESL

Office: Roon->iMac 2017->Auralic Aries Mini->Chord Mojo->PS Audio Sprout->Harbeth P3ESR or Stax SR-L500

Beta is Better

I meant to say I was using A+ in playlist mode (on the ConDuctor).

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

... probably not A+ 1.5.1 related but for the first time ever my dedicated MacMini player restarted by its own right in the middle of a track :-/ (Mac OS 10.8.4, 16-44.1 aiff tracks in playlist mode)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I don't understand anything about the settings for the Mytek. I've upgraded the firmware and using A+ 1.5.1. I have now 4 channels.

It seems to me a thin sound without body, maybe I have to get used to it (once I'll understand the correct settings...) :(

I'm using an iso,

if I choose 4CH, the files are 5+1 and A+ indicates it's playing 3+1 (the Mytek is and remains a stereo DAC...):

A5+1.jpg

P5+1.jpg

If I choose 2CH, the files are Stereo and A+ indicates it's playing Stereo.

A2.jpg

P2.jpg

The problem (my problem...) is understanding what files Audirvana is reading from the iso, but even more important what it's playing (which of the various channels are played and which are sending to the stereo outputs of the Mytek).

I'm using an iso,

if I choose 4CH, the files are 5+1 and A+ indicates it's playing 3+1 (the Mytek is and remains a stereo DAC...):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5877[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5878[/ATTACH]

If I choose 2CH, the files are Stereo and A+ indicates it's playing Stereo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5879[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5880[/ATTACH]

The problem (my problem...) is understanding what files Audirvana is reading from the iso, but even more important what it's playing (which of the various channels are played and which are sending to the stereo outputs of the Mytek).

Hello Esprit,

I din't tested A+ and Mytek with some Dsd 64 or 128 audio files. Just some audio pcm.

For sure the settings Mytek is not very easy to understand.

At this moment, I'm reading the stereo192-dsd_dac_software_setup_guide_v1.0 page 57

§ 10 and I read :

" Under Active Audio device change native DSD capability to Initial DCS Method"

OR in your photos you had checked "DSD over PCM standard 1.0"

It's not the instruction from Mytek...

§ 11 Mytek write to enable exclusive access mode and integer mode. !!!

§ Now it's curious, to see Mytek speaking from integer mode, when everybody

know that the staff, after a long post does not believed in !!!

Cheers

petecare

The new firmwares from Mytek enable DSD128 by using 4 176.4kHz channels (as per DoP 1.1 standard). That's why it is recognized as 4 channels capable device. Now, except if the device identifier has again changed, A+ automatically recognizes it is the Mytek, and uses only the frist two channels for everything but DSD128.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1.5.0 was ok , but 1.5.1 invert left and right again with airplay :(

This issue comes ore from the OS X 10.8.4 update. The updated workaround will come with A+ 1.5.2.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Beta is Better

I meant to say I was using A+ in playlist mode (on the ConDuctor).

Do you get this feeling with all tracks, whatever their type (FLAC, ALAC) ?

Damien

I can no longer use A+ with iTunes and Airplay. An error message appears saying Airplay will interfere with iTunes. I had not seen this message before upgrading to A+ 1.5.1. Anyone else running into this?

When playing to Airplay from A+, iTunes must be set to Computer only.

Damien

The new firmwares from Mytek enable DSD128 by using 4 176.4kHz channels (as per DoP 1.1 standard). That's why it is recognized as 4 channels capable device. Now, except if the device identifier has again changed, A+ automatically recognizes it is the Mytek, and uses only the frist two channels for everything but DSD128.
This doesn't solve my question. Please click on the pictures and see what the display indicates...

A5+1.jpg

A2.jpg

Here it's the same: nothing changes (using one or the other).

Can you send me by email the Debug Info? I want to check the ModelID of your Mytek.

Damien