IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5 Beta

Unfortunately with 1.4.9.9 to 11 "Realtime AU control and setup" does not function anymore. The popup window of the AU does not show up. This worked nicely for me with the first version of the 1.5 beta. No idea why it's gone.

The list of AU shows up, no problem to select and configure the AU's. They also work without problem in other hosts. Any advise what could be wrong in my setup or is it a bug in A+?

PS: I use Playlist mode (no iTunes)

Just as a point of comparison, still works just fine for me, in either iTunes integrated or playlist mode.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Damien,

Went to add a SACD image with .11 and when I hit the start button nothing happened. Had to temporarily downgrade to 1.4.6 to get it done then back to .11

Dave

Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 22 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable

Thank you so much for the wonderful A+!

I suppose active crossover is still not possible? Especially applying different AU/VST on different pairs of stereo outputs? (something similar to pure music) as it seems currently the plugins are only applicable to the primary stereo out only?

it would be awesome if such feature (active crossover with individual plugins) is possible...

Official 1.5 release is now out !

To close on the beta thread, here are the updates from the beta 1.4.9.11:

Fix for DSD128 playback on Mytek

Fix multiple stereo streams slow playback issue on some pro multichannel devices (e.g. Prism Orpheus)

Fix multichannel playback issues on quadriphonic channel mappings

Remove Audio Unit preset button added

User manual final update.

Enjoy!

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Official 1.5 release is now out !

... already hard at work here ;-)

thank you Damien

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Thanks Frans you've posted faster than me :)

I've just released the public beta for 1.5 with Multichannel playback, and Audio Units plugins support.

The user manual is up to date.

It also includes:

• Add command to scroll playlist to the currently playing track
  • DSD128 support for DoP 1.1 4x176.4kHz devices (Mytek)
  • In iTunes integrated mode, use the track start and finish settings (in iTunes track info settings) to play only the wished subset of the track
  • Remaining time display (toggle with total track time by clicking on it)
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fix gapless playback in Cue Sheets and when using dithered volume control
    • Fix last seconds of the last of a playlist being cut off in iTunes integrated mode
    • Airplay fix applied also for 10.8.3
    • Gapless playback even when using filters (sample rate converter and/or Audio Units)

And also sound quality improvement :)

You can get it here: Download Audirvana Plus BETA | Audirvana

Damien

Hi Damien -- In the past few days, I have been making playlists in Itunes using DSD files. On 2 or 3 occasions, A+ stops after one track and does not finish the playlist. I can only resume playback by rebooting A+. Does the 1.5 version address this? Thanks. -- David

I purchased a license I could not live without it the sound quality improvement in hardware could cost thousands to get the same level of improvement.

It's pretty glitchy for me. Mostly with AirPlay. I have found that it works ok if I do as Damien instructed selecting the source in audio MIDI and setting output in iTunes to computer. However he mentions that you can run simultaneous airplay devices with airfoil. It works but will mute after one song I am having to job the volume slider to get the sound to come back on. I am shocked at how much better my airplay devices sound with A+ I want it to work all the time. I would appreciate any info on how to get this to work.

Also with the new released version should I update to the newest version of iTunes ideally?

Oh and I have found that the sound quality via AirPlay with airfoil to be spectacular almost as good as in non integrated mode via USB. If the bugs could be worked out this program would be a revelation for me.

Which version of the Mytek DAC firmware do you have ?

You may want to upgrade to the latest 1.7.5 beta, or manually select "DSD over PCM 1.0" as the native DSD streaming method.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Which version of the Mytek DAC firmware do you have ?

You may want to upgrade to the latest 1.7.5 beta, or manually select "DSD over PCM 1.0" as the native DSD streaming method.

Damien

Hello Damien,

Function "Add file to iTunes" does not function any more since the 1.4.9.10 version…