IGNORED

Audirvana 1.5 Beta

After successfully installing TB_Isone on my Macbook Pro, I couldn’t get any components to show up under AU in A+ 1.5.1 on my MacMini after following the same procedure. What am I missing/doing wrong?

MacMini (late 2010 w/ 4 gb @ 10.9.5) dedicated to digital music (hi-res @24/96 FLAC & lossless @16/44.1) via Audirvana+ 1.5.12 * thru AQ Carbon USB to MF V-Link 192 to MF M1 DAC via Mogami Gold AES (XLR) * out to Sennheiser HD800 driven by Burson Audio HA-160 OR (when wife not home!) out to Paradigm Studio 60s driven by Golden Tree Audio SE-40 tube stereo amp * MacBook (lossey @iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV + general computing) * MacBook Pro (late 2011) @ripping/tagging DVD-Audio + Blu ray Audio & for travel via Fiio E-17 * iPhone5 64gb w/ FLAC player

yes; connected to same network. Interestingly, when I pasted into Macbook, I was asked to submit my network password to allow; not so with MacMini.

MacMini (late 2010 w/ 4 gb @ 10.9.5) dedicated to digital music (hi-res @24/96 FLAC & lossless @16/44.1) via Audirvana+ 1.5.12 * thru AQ Carbon USB to MF V-Link 192 to MF M1 DAC via Mogami Gold AES (XLR) * out to Sennheiser HD800 driven by Burson Audio HA-160 OR (when wife not home!) out to Paradigm Studio 60s driven by Golden Tree Audio SE-40 tube stereo amp * MacBook (lossey @iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV + general computing) * MacBook Pro (late 2011) @ripping/tagging DVD-Audio + Blu ray Audio & for travel via Fiio E-17 * iPhone5 64gb w/ FLAC player

I've just released 1.5.2 that brings a fix for the halved size for tracks played thru proxy.

In addition this versions brings ability to control A+ through Apple Script. So it should be now possible for a, e.g. XBMC, developer to integrate A+ for audio playback.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I've just released 1.5.2 that brings a fix for the halved size for tracks played thru proxy.

In addition this versions brings ability to control A+ through Apple Script. So it should be now possible for a, e.g. XBMC, developer to integrate A+ for audio playback.

Damien

Merci, Damien

Classical Music, XBMC and AppleScript

Thanks for implementing this, Damien!

Anyone here know of a classical music oriented music database that readily can be adapted to play tracks by executing an AppleScript?

XBMC and PLEX are not very suitable for classical music because they lack a Composer tag:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126427&page=2

Tagging classical music - artist and performer - Hydrogenaudio Forums

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

1. Is "event types reported" a placeholder for a feature that has not yet been implemented? Setting it to TrackChanged or TrackAndPosition crashes Audirvana half the time (after setting control type to Slave). Even if it didn't crash, I believe AppleScript has no provision for registering to receive events. I believe that requires Cocoa, although Cocoa programming can be embedded in AppleScript using "AppleScriptObjC". (None of which I know much about, but I hope to learn.)

2. In addition to the "player position" property, can you add "name" and "length" of the current track in both Standalone and Slave mode?

3. Minor quirk that may be intentional or a bug: In Standalone mode, the "resume" command works only if the player is paused, not stopped. When the player is stopped, the only command that begins play is "playpause".

4. As a matter of curiosity, what prompted you to finally add an API to Audirvana? Have many users been requesting it? (If so, they haven't emerged from lurker status here.) Is your primary goal to encourage others to develop music database managers to overcome the limitations of iTunes and your own standalone playlist? Do you expect to add a more sophisticated database manager to Audirvana in the near future?

Thanks again for your impressive improvements to Audirvana!

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

4. As a matter of curiosity, what prompted you to finally add an API to Audirvana? Have many users been requesting it? (If so, they haven't emerged from lurker status here.) Is your primary goal to encourage others to develop music database managers to overcome the limitations of iTunes and your own standalone playlist? Do you expect to add a more sophisticated database manager to Audirvana in the near future?

Ooh, juicy questions Bob. I'm interested in the answers too.

yes; connected to same network. Interestingly, when I pasted into Macbook, I was asked to submit my network password to allow; not so with MacMini.

Maybe you can put TB_OmniSone on each Mac (plug ins>Components) and add in the same folder the TB_OmniSone.Key.

I've seen many requests here for an iPad/iPhone remote. This API would be the first step for Damian or a third-party to create one.

Hi everyone, my first post here! I'm using A+ stand-alone as I'm afraid to have iTunes watch over my music collection. And the comments in this forum (and forums for BitPerfect, etc.) point to problems with iTunes integration.

I'm using my iPad with Splashtop to remotely control my MacBook. Although this works, I have some remarks. One is for Splashtop: I've to connect everytime again after switching on my iPad to another app. An Apple script would be better in this regard. Then for A+. The player is OK for remote control on an iPad except for the volume control. Maybe an extra 'skin' can be added to replace the volume control with a up/ down button? Secondly, it's hard to add files to the playlist. Just imagine your muse arrow replaced by your fingers on the iPad screen to scroll and select...

Thus, an iOS remote control can use the same payer interface as A+ does, except for the volume control. Secondly, a new interface must be made to add files to the playlist. Once that this is done, I don't need a database / music server on forehand. To put it the other way: A+ with a simple GUI for iOS (and Android for that matter) and a server on the Mac solely for receiving the commands and provide feedback (info screen player + playlist) has already a competitive advantage over the other music players. I wouldn't try to incorporate a music server / database in this step.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

1. Is "event types reported" a placeholder for a feature that has not yet been implemented? Setting it to TrackChanged or TrackAndPosition crashes Audirvana half the time (after setting control type to Slave). Even if it didn't crash, I believe AppleScript has no provision for registering to receive events. I believe that requires Cocoa, although Cocoa programming can be embedded in AppleScript using "AppleScriptObjC". (None of which I know much about, but I hope to learn.)

2. In addition to the "player position" property, can you add "name" and "length" of the current track in both Standalone and Slave mode?

3. Minor quirk that may be intentional or a bug: In Standalone mode, the "resume" command works only if the player is paused, not stopped. When the player is stopped, the only command that begins play is "playpause".

Thanks again for your impressive improvements to Audirvana!

1) The distributed notifications are meant to be received by another compiled application, like a Cocoa one. And use the Cocoa scripting bridge btw. Thx for the crash reports you emailed me, I'll look into them.

2) Sure, though I just want to keep the notification message not too long, assuming the controlling app to already have this info.

3) This is intentional. Resume is for resuming playback after pause.

4) Few requests, and direct interaction with some interested.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

As this thread is the one that was created for the beta version, why not closing it ?

I'll answer on the roadmap for next steps in the "wish list" one :)

Damien

• 2 weeks later...

I have been out of the loop for a while. I am currently using 1.4.9.7. I found some of the preceding beta releases to be inferior sound quality wise.

So is it worth upgrading to another release from 1.4.9.7.?

Mac Min : Audirvana : Audiophilleo 2 : Rega DAC : Brio-R : RS3 speakers.

I have been out of the loop for a while. I am currently using 1.4.9.7. I found some of the preceding beta releases to be inferior sound quality wise.

So is it worth upgrading to another release from 1.4.9.7.?

Audio is very subjective. It is hard to say how the upgrade will sound to you. The good news is it is a free upgrade and you can keep both 1.4.x and 1.5.x installed at the same time. Why don't you just try them both and see which one you like better?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi to all, I'm looking for A + previous versions (1.5.1-1.5.2 & 1.5.3)

Where can I find them?

Try Audirvana | The Sound of Your Dreams , filling in the "x" with the version number.

Edit: Hover the link to get the actual URL.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm using the most recent version of Audirvana and iTunes, and find that when I import hi-res music from HDTracks and other sites that the songs play fine when I disable iTunes integrated music, but that the iTunes/Audirvana combination will frequently skip over the proxies when played in integrated mode. I have tried reimporting the songs into iTunes with Audirvana (including the click-through to overwrite the existing proxy), but it doesn't seem to resolve the issue. If anyone else has had and solved this problem would be interested in what they did (I've tried looking through old threads on this subject). Thanks in advance.