IGNORED

Listening Chair

Masis

I listen at my desk, mostly.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Wow! I love that chair, and there is one w/o the headrest. I have always intended to purchase an Eames, but didn't like the headrest...

Thanks DigiPete!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

the one without the headrest doesn't angle and it swivels.

If you can live with that.

IF they made the headrest one without the headrest it would be perfect, at least as far as I am concern.

They said the headrest is not removable otherwise I would have ordered one.

I do not mind the swivel, but I need the angle!

You are correct in that the headrests make it a non starter...

Thanks Priaptor!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

The Peel differs from a usual recliner in that it offers many different sitting positions.

You really have to climb around on one to fully understand.

This is a much healthier way to sit for extend time.

The Peel has to swirvel, as some of the way you can sit is across.

The peel can be ordered in many different fabrics as well as leathers.

The cover can be removed for cleaning as well as replacement.

The headrest is adjustable in height, but I am nut sure if it is removable.

I can go have a look if you are really interested.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

I use this chair from the Relax The Back store. However, the high back does interfere with imaging and overall sound quality compared to a low back chair. I found that using a small lumbar pillow helps, as I'm not leaning my head against the back of the chair.

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

My listening chair is my oldest audio component. According to the stamp under the arm, it was made in October 1932. I bought it at a consignment store. Our house configuration (and wifie) dictates that I have a chair that I can move from the prime listening position when I am not sitting in it. It is quite comfie.

My%20Director

My%20Director

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

@chris: your Whittemore Sherrill chair will make an excellent cigar chair :) .. Im thinking of Montecristo No. 2 or Cohiba Piramides Millenium

2011 Mac Mini (Lion) -> Audirvana Plus -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Schiit Bifrost -> Audioquest Diamondback -> Rotel RA-1520 -> Analysis Plus Oval 12/2 -> Klipsch RF-62 II

"If it sounds good, it is good ..." -Duke Ellington

Uou should be happy it was off by only 1 order of magnidute :)

2011 Mac Mini (Lion) -> Audirvana Plus -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Schiit Bifrost -> Audioquest Diamondback -> Rotel RA-1520 -> Analysis Plus Oval 12/2 -> Klipsch RF-62 II

"If it sounds good, it is good ..." -Duke Ellington

(the Swan) by Arne Jacobsen 1958 - a Danish style icon:

It's a comfortable seat but without the extra versatility of the Peel

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

+1 from me for the IKEA Poang chairs. I have three of them finished in beige leather. Two of them are acoustic absorbers disguised as chairs, positioned at the first points of reflection. The third one is used as a chair.

When I had a larger room I had a pair of Balans Gravity chairs:

gravity-balans.jpg

I'm not sure about the 'angle of the ears' when fully reclined, but I think it is probably more important to be completely relaxed when listening to music, and the Balans certainly worked for that.

Both the IKEAs and the Balans have lightweight, flexible open structures made of plywood. Maybe there is a school of audio thought that thinks heavy weight sofas are better.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

I too have dreams about an Eames, to the point where I refuse to sit in one until I can afford to own it (although after alfamatt's comments, maybe I should rethink that stragedy)

I sit on the couch in the family room which is the wrong height for my too-low speaker stands so I slouch down and often doze off when I'm listening at night. The back isn't high but I've got the kitchen bench directly behind me so it doesn't matter anyway.

Ultimately I want to use my granddad's armchair which I rescued when the family was dumping his stuff. It is the most comfortable thing I have ever sat in but unfortunately it's hideously ugly and my wife refuses to let it in the house. I think if you saw the colour of it you would side with her but jeez, I listen with my eyes closed anyway!

For the time being it sits on the front porch, perfect for wittlin' or cleanin' mah gun (of course, I do neither of these so it just doesn't get used) but one day I'll get it re-upholstered in a less eye-wateringly repulsive fabric and my bum will sing!

RS

Standard Mac mini 2010/iTunes (ALAC)/Pure Music & Pro-Ject RPM9.1/Ortofon Rondo Blue/Project PhonoBox SE -> Bel Canto DAC2.5 -> Acurus A200 -> Aphion Argon2 Anniversary/Impact500 & Sennheiser HD650 -> Comfy couch.

...and a one...and a zero......and a rolling stone.., don't Rock my Bone...

NB. Visit attachment below:

"Gregorian Chair" (Mid. Ages): Anonymous french painter.

HH Dalai Lama: -"99% of all judgements are projections.."

Layman: -"Wow, that's nearly 100% bit-imperfect ! What's bit-perfect then ?"

HH Dalai Lama: -"Stating the Obvious !"

Disciple: -"I see."

HH Dalai Lama:-"Well, it's like this: Nothing can ever be done or played back exactly the same twice, much less thrice..Matter is impermanent - as are thoughts - always on the move, everything is energy. BTW, bit-perfect not only saves You from endless discussions (though it may be Your Spice), but from a symbolic point of view; the Ones "stating the obvious" are Those that "shall inherit the Earth."

In unison:

Layman: -"GOTCHA !"

Disciple: -"I see..."

HH Dalai Lama: -"You might think You have or You do,...experience though tells me ...........

Disciple (whispering to the layman): -"Is that "Paranoid" they're playing on the other side?"

Layman (angrilly): -"Well, it certainly ain't "Paranoiaque Critique" by Dali ! (The spanish painter not the danish loudspeaker).

HH Dalai Lama: -"...........otherwise. My statement is based on pure logic; to arrive at this obviously simple conclusion one basically needs an Esoteric Rig; depth, silence, meditation...not a Rick Veda.... Remember: "Thou shallt sit cross-legged", and please;.. no mirroring when adjusting the azimuth ! Remember also: Too much comfort dulls the senses and is the root of all Evil..."

Walk..Inn...Meditation...

Disciple: -"You just can't help it can You ?"

HH Dalai Lama (chuckling like only Lamas do): -"No, it's all this CCCPc (Chinese Copy Cat Personal computing), even Kant and Rousseau would be out of their depths on this One, and I can help You !"....(murmuring under his breath)...."Here comes the Taxman".........(stepping aside)..........."Mind the Gap !"..........

- \"I am neither Prince nor King, unfortunately I do live in Denmark...\"[br]_ \"Shake Your Pear ! It\'s all about vibrations.\"