IGNORED

Listening Chair

Masis

..you wrote "If Ikea is Swedish for cr*p" but I've been told that their name, IKEA, is actually an anagram for

"formaldehyde off-gassing"

(in Swedish, of course) ;-)

You probably weren't being serious ... but IKEA actually is an acronym for Ingvar Kamprad, Elmtaryd* and Agunnaryd#

* the farm where Ingvar Kamprad grew up

# his hometown in Småland, south Sweden.

What I've noticed though is that the reason people complain about IKEA quality is that they try to compare them to top end furniture - ITS NOT. IKEA's philosophy (as I recall it) is that the designers always start with a budget and build the best they can for that budget. Yes sometimes you end up with crap; but their better designs are far above similar priced from other retailers (at least in UK).

The other problem with IKEA is that they do sometimes need some care and skill to put together - but a well built IKEA kitchen is as good as many other brands (for example) and their Billy bookshelves are nicely versatile for either free standing or, with a bit of planning, semi-built in design.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

This is a fun thread.

Sorry for my pro-IKEA rant above ... nice chair!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I use the Herman Miller Setu lounge and ottoman. I mostly listen to headphones but it would work fine for speaker listening too.

Setu Lounge Chair - Lounge & Living - Chairs - Herman Miller Official Store

I use the same chair for speaker listening. I like the position and comfort.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.