IGNORED

Listening Chair

Masis

Unless the Klutz frame is made of platinum it's a fools chair ...

2011 Mac Mini (Lion) -> Audirvana Plus -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Schiit Bifrost -> Audioquest Diamondback -> Rotel RA-1520 -> Analysis Plus Oval 12/2 -> Klipsch RF-62 II

"If it sounds good, it is good ..." -Duke Ellington

but this is what I use, it is THE most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.

http://www.stickley.com/OurProducts_Details.cfm?id=2038&Collection=Mission&view=all&view=complex&finish=

edit, although I saw this over the weekend and really liked it.

http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod60107&categoryId=cat1701068

No electron left behind.

Retrofit it with a pair of machine guns and it will make an awesome chair :)

2011 Mac Mini (Lion) -> Audirvana Plus -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Schiit Bifrost -> Audioquest Diamondback -> Rotel RA-1520 -> Analysis Plus Oval 12/2 -> Klipsch RF-62 II

"If it sounds good, it is good ..." -Duke Ellington

expensive and some of these leathers are very very expensive, however, that chair, being greater than 13K, is crazy.

Plus I don't like the support of the chair.

If someone is going to spend that much money for a dedicated chair, there are some really nice and much cheaper (although still very expensive) chairs, uniquely designed from the 50s and 60s by famous designers that incredibly comfortable, perfect for listening that can now only be made in bulk because of new plastic molding techniques.

"If someone is going to spend that much money for a dedicated chair, there are some really nice and much cheaper (although still very expensive) chairs, uniquely designed from the 50s and 60s by famous designers that incredibly comfortable, perfect for listening that can now only be made in bulk because of new plastic molding techniques."

But the cheaper chairs are not specially designed for music!

Is an office chair, but my favorite one, very fresh, a lot of adjustments, durable and reliable. About US$900.-

I like it since it's easy with this chair to find the sweet spot, once your speakers are placed in the 'correct' position in your room.

HermanMiller.jpg

Maybe you can't get the WAF (wife approval factor), but I don't care, since in my music room I'm the only master!

Roch

Roch the Henry Miller and the Sing Sing models look very similar. Any word on what kind of DAC the Sing Sing has? Also, didn't see any HDMI inputs on the Sing Sing model. Headphones? Doesn't the Sing Sing models come with binaural head gear as well? The San Quentin model seems to include some head gear...

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

I recall reading that Sing-Sing chair rates low on galvanic isolation.

iPad2 + RemoteApp/VNC Viewer --> Headless Mac Mini --> iTunes * ALAC --> cheap USB cable WireWorld Ultraviolet USB cable --> Musical Fidelity V-LINK --> SonicWave Toslink --> Musical Fidelity V-DAC --> $.97 (RadioShack clearance) Monster THX Digital Coax --> AIWA NSX-3300 --> Polk RTi4\'s --> Cheapskate Listening Enjoyment[br]

I hear the Nuforce Mod is much more resolving upgrade than the power cord--at any rate no one who used either model ever complained about upgrades after using one. Everyone says it's killer.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

my chair.

I am still in search of the "perfect chair" and hence why I was actually going to produce one. I was working with an engineer, the project too cumbersome and the market too small and margins not worth it.

Right now I use a standard "wooden" chair from a card table, that I have Tempurpedic seat and back cushions.

I'm almost embarrased to say, but we tossed out some rather high end leather couches and chairs, and restocked the living room with three of these and a set of Maggie 1.7s. (grin)

They are very comfortable indeed, enough to easily let me sleep in peace when Karen wants to watch television. And very sturdy, even for me and I am what one could charitably describe as "hefty."

We have the leather cushions, and our heads will just clear the seat backs. With the leather seats, I think they cost about $250 each at Ikea.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I have the most comfortable dining room chairs: the Date from Varier (former Stokke):

It is designed for both ergonomy and esthetics.

The chair seat and back pivots on the leg basis, forcing you to sit correctly rather than slouching.

You can comfortably stay seated for 8 hours, quite an important feature if you party into the small hours Danish style.

Varie makes a recliner with similar virtues: the Peel.

I have long been dreaming about a pair of Peels, but I have no space :-(

You can move around and sit in many positions in the Peel so you don't get tired of the position you sit in.

It come in a his and hers mirrored version for optimum esthetics.

Peel in a nice fabric seems to be a compromise made in heaven - if you have the space for the pair.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”