IGNORED

Listening Chair

Masis

Gentlemen,

I have just returned from the local store and this is what I found:

Peel / Peel II (with headrest):

The headrest IS removable - it leaves two holes.

The fabric is removable and you can buy a new set.

Peel with a foot rest in wool for DKK 14.900 (EUR 2000 / USD 2650) on current campaign.

Swirvels and leans back quite a bit - if you so desire.

Peel club / Peel Club II (without headrest):

Swirvels and leans back a little.

No headrest - no holes.

RRP: DKK 9120 (EUR 1225 / USD 1615)

For both:

The II version is the mirrored version.

General info: www.varierfurniture.com

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

The Danish designer Wegner birthed a Secret Listening Chair that he didn't wan't his name put to:

It's called "Wavelength" most people know of it, It's found in many fairs...

It's a bar high up above a pool filled with water in a mighty tall cage.

The listener sits on the bar, waving his legs doing all kinds of stunts. There's a target on the side at which You can aim any Peelable fruit, when the center is hit, the Listener falls into the pool. Anything can be put into the water, for personal choice of ugglyness and variation.

Wegner dumped the idea of making money from it, as the Listener got it all: You had to pay to throw...

There were no speakers, but lots of shouts,joy and laughter !

- \"I am neither Prince nor King, unfortunately I do live in Denmark...\"[br]_ \"Shake Your Pear ! It\'s all about vibrations.\"

I forgot

Wegner did make a second version for nonstarters.

The listener could turn the target, and face it, thus the listener could throw fruits at it himself. When tired of that, the target could be taken off and put it at the end of the bar as headrest. It was a one-hole system and a bit picky, so it was discontinued...

- \"I am neither Prince nor King, unfortunately I do live in Denmark...\"[br]_ \"Shake Your Pear ! It\'s all about vibrations.\"

I finally removed the horrible sofa I had from before and put my Herman Miller Eamrs Lounge Chair in there.

It is very comfortable indeed, and my head is above the back, so no comb filtering issue. It is a little too tilted back, but definitely relaxing.

The problem now is, I need to make the room more "FAMILY" friendly. Meaning, I need to cater for future family movie nights. Meaning, two kids and a wife. ANY suggestion?

Click To Enlarge

ws

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

Hi senmurv76 - Ah yes a nice Montecristo. I'd need to find a nice smoking jacket :~)

P.S. Two years ago I was in Costa Rica. I smoked a huge Montecristo. Then I vomited. Here in the U.S. we can't get good Cuban cigars legally so I went a bit overboard and smoked the whole thing way too fast. Plus, that was my first cigar in about five years. I haven't smoked one since :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Mark - You're so right. The Whittemore Sherrill didn't come in a box that needed assembly. The only way I could justify spending that much money was because it's a business expense :~)

Your wife spending £4000 on a sofa gives you some leverage in the audio component purchasing department.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It is possible to customize an Elite HTS chair with a lower back.

It would be nice if companies like Elite HTS designed seating specifically for high end audio listening.

I have a pair of HTS chairs installed in my home theater and they are very well built and comfortable.

Good eyes Chris!

There is also an Alpha USB sitting on top of the Alpha II. I find the LED too bright when I listen in the dark, so I use a tiny bit of blu-tac (but in white) to cover the LED partially. =)

The Aurender is indeed GREAT. Look forward to more firmware updates and new iPad apps... still a lot can be improved.

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

Haha. Too late, it's a done deal!

discless since 2005

I agree with most of the comments.

One other thing to be aware of is that if you lean back, your hearing response changes.

In other words, if we tilt out heads back, we hear more high frequencies.

Various speakers, electronics, cable, etc. on loan for manufacturers' evaluation.

More or less permanently in use:

Schiit Iggy (latest), Ayre QB-9 DSD, Ayre Codex, Uptone Audio ISO Regen/LPS-1 Power supply, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio LanRover, Small Green Computer, Sonore ultraRendu, gigaFOIL4 ethernet/optical filter - Keces PS-3 power supply, (3) MBPs - stripped down for music only,  AQ Diamond USB & Ethernet, Transparent USB, Curious USB, LH Lightspeed split USB, Halide USB DAC, Audirvana +, Pure Music, ASR Emitter II Exclusive Blue amp, Ayre K-5xeMP preamp, Pass X-1 preamp, Quicksilver Mid-Mono Amps, Pass XA-30.5 amp, Duelund ICs & Speaker Cables, Paul Hynes SR-7 power supply, Grand Prix Audio Monaco Isolation racks & F1 shelves, Tannoy Canterbury SEs w/custom Duelund crossovers and stands, 2 REL 212SEs, AV RoomService EVPs, ASC Tube Traps, tons of CDs, 30 IPS masters, LPs.

http://www.getbettersound.com

the Peel and Peel II is a relatively new product. They are stocking them with the round base, either in black or white leather, but one can "special order" with different bases or fabrics.

I had the pleasure of sitting in one with the headrest. The salesperson told me the "headrest couldn't be removed" but was surprised when I removed it and slid it back in. They are clueless as to the product line. In fact, I spoke to the American distributer in Massachusetts who indicated that most of the retailers know nothing about the product and after my 3 minute discussion with her, she indicated I now know more than most of their retailers.

In any case, it is my humble opinion, that you may have turned those of us on this forum to what may be one of the best pieces of audiophile equipment around. Just my opinion, but this is "the missing link" to one's listening environment. Awesome chair, incredibly comfortable and has perfect height and motion to get the best out of one's system. The reclining mechanism has an adjustment to tension which is also perfect for audio. They should take the chair, make a couple of mods and sell it as a dedicated music chair, something I know they would never do.

Just wanted to say thanks. You made my day. People can make fun of a listening chair, but from my perch, one's chair can destroy the experience.

Seems like only a handfull of people ever heard of a booklet by Wegner called "Homo Sedens" (Sitting Man).

Wegner wasn't a prophet but he did have some contact...

His little booklet is quite a piece that gives a peep into the future.

Now, we all know how Man evolved from Cro Magnon aso. until he stood up to become "Homo Erectus". So "Standing Man" evolved to "Sitting Man", and Wegner also designed tables...or did he?...Well anyway, some of his chairs are used with tables - often dinner tables, and this concept is the precursor to the coming evolutionary step: "Homo Tabloid" ! This being mainly evolves through sitting for longer spans of time in front of desks, tables and the like (gave him a bit of a problem scratching his bum though). His belly is filled to the brim and his emotions stabilised. He is so stable he needs any help he can get to be moved (that's part of the reason he listens to any kind of music). Now and again burps rise up from the region of his belly and reaches the head. Unable to get it all out (for lack of movement) the head eventually grows so big and heavy it falls onto the table. He must be very very carefull during this proces, as anything lying in front of him will lie under that elephantine head of his, like f. inst Danish Pastries (be mindfull of those, they can be quite sticky with all that sugar, fortunately homegrown raw materials makes these quite a lot better over here). Again now, when I say that...

God: -"Stop it, stop it, that's enough Steen!"

Steen: -"Who's that?"

God: -"It's me You nitwit...stop making such an ass of Yourself."

Steen (stammering very fast): -"B.b.but, I just downloaded this from the ether that One could do to the Audiophooleo, real easy and..."

God: -"I know, in time, in time, relax, let it have it's burn-in time, sure it's worthwhile...how do you think your gear sounds?"

Steen: -"Huhhmm..broorarrumm, well er...quite good...I mean...real good..no frankly...it sounds fantastic..!"

God: -"There You see, it's OK nobody wants to hear about Your Bits & Pieces anyway, or maybe just the odd screwball like Yourself.."

God to Zeus: -"Is this guy one of Yours?"

Zeus: -"Nope."

God: -"Well he sure ain't gonna be on my team for long."

Steen:-"..But I went to Arizona and I met the H..."

God: -"Who cares what You did in Arizona, it's rather likely You came from Moronia, and if You keep on acting this way I'll make You a Flagellant of the Jesuit Order!!"

Steen: -"Allright, allright..."...

God: -"And stop writing that nonsense, You think You're a real Cervantes don't You, looks more Quixotic seen from up here.."

Steen (Crawling away on the rubbles of his Mind, humiliated & percolating)(whispering to himself): -"I'll do a poem next time..."

God to Zeus: -"We've let this guy listen to The Allmann Brothers' "Whipping Post" for far to long....remember what FZ said about the mind?"

Zeus: -"Enlighten me."

God: -"It's the uggliest part of Your body."

Zeus (lying back resting the head on a rock, yawning): -"Ahh yes, I remember now...those unused batteries for Lamas.."

God: -"I'm going home for dinner now."

Zeus: -"Have fun, I did.."

God: -"Seriously Ted?"

Yes while Home Erectus was supposed to be used to describe the "upright man", I do believe in today's vernacular it could be more correctly used to describe one's genitals.

Likewise, as we can see here in America, such as with the President's wife (despite her claims to the contrary about being caloric conscious), the gluteals and subcutaneous fat in the same location has enlarged to accomodate the evolutionary changes of Home Erectus sitting on their rear ends more than ever intended and as an evolutionary mechanism to cushion the impact.

In fact, IMHO, The Peel will probably have to go through its own evolutionary changes to accomodate the ever increasing size of the The Audiophile ASS.

God: -"Psst, Zeus listen to me.."

Zeus: -"Hrmm...What?"

God: -"Look at this nice shtool Athena has given me for my birthday!"

Zeus: -"Ohhoo, goody, goody, nicely curved...my,my,my...lucky You....and two legged at that!....Have You seen Rosencrantz & Guildenstern around?"

God: -"Let the dead burry the dead."

Zeus: -"Did You know they were kin to the Danish Astronomer Tycho Brahe?"

God: -"For real? That's news to me."

Zeus: -"Yeah, really...nefews or something.."

God: -"Ahaa..."

Zeus: -"Supposedly from Sweden."

God: -"I'll see what I can do...."

Wow Priaptor what a mess!

Seems our posts crossed over. Jungs Collective Unconscious playing tricks here. My last post wasn't meant in THAT context at all! Hadn't read Yours. This is where I draw the line regarding forums, far too many misunderstandings possible. Thanx folks believe You me You've been very, very helpfull. Computing eats some of us up from the inside, life's too short for that.

I recommend listening to Jimi Hendrix' (1983....A Merman I Should Turn To Be) & Moon Turn The Tides...gently, gently away - one of the best natural sounding ambients I ever heard - from "Electric Ladyland", for the funeral..

Looked up the word "tæge" in a danish/english dictionary and found bug (always thought a bug was a fly, now I know better and we don't use the word at all like You do, goes to show how much one can muck things up when using non-native language)...

Concerning cigars; I went to Cuba about 19 yrs. ago and...

God: -"There he goes again...Got an Earthmap Zeus! Went to visit my old friend and writer Henning Mankell in Ystad, Sweden where he dug it out for me."

Zeus: -"How is he, that old bugger?"

God: -"More than happy, rejoicing I'd call it. His character, the burned-out detective Wallander, is now being played by Kenneth Branagh in a TV series too, that's three different TV series with the same character!"

Zeus: -"The Shakespeare guy? Loved him in "Henry the 5th." Why do detectives always have to be burned-out? Agatha Christies' detective with the moustache - what's his name? - Hercule Poirot, just sat back at his desk and solved the crimes drinking Port, a bit like Nero Wolfe..."

God: -"Yeah, I know what You mean and even though times are changing - getting facelifts once in a while - they still keep killing each other down there. The Buddhists didn't get their message across either.."

Zeus: -"Not so strange that, next to none take them seriously, they're always laughing and people think they act like Wise-Guys, must be that Void they're eternally blabbering about..."

God: -"HH Dalai Lama tells Earthlings, the human evolution takes Aeons, they may have jumped onto that."

Zeus: -"Took some steps though, He dropped politics!"

God: -"Good for Him.....It's a GPS mapping device BTW."

Zeus: -"Got to be carefull with those, I heard - can lead to some pretty awesome goosechases..better stick to the good old paper types."

God: -"...Kenneth Branagh directed a crime movie too, don't remember it's name, but classy stuff, he uses all kinds of weird angles with the camera, theatrical, worth a look.."

Zeus: -"So is: "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"."

God: -"Hmm...lets go to Gladstoneburry and take a look at those ley-lines."

Steen (dancing a little around in his Cosmic Débris)(singing low): -"I remember my Great-Grand-Uncle had seven cows, a ten inches tall - three legged - old, battered Milking Chair and a One-handed Forge, wonder how that'd work for listening...Well, have to go now, gotta living to earn...money, money, money...That's the Real Bug!...Glad I bought that electromagnetic mattress though." (.....trailing off.........)

God: -"Hmmmh...."

Zeus: -"H..Hm...!"