33 minutes ago, saint300 said:

Hello,

Is there a link for this rip? If there is, I cannot see it...

This isn't one of "those" sites.

The only thing folks are sharing in this thread is their love of music...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 hour ago, saint300 said:

Hello,

There are two, one in Nigeria and the other in Russia, please make a Google search about "mother of the hackers.com" or something like that, but beware Julian Assange could catch you...!!!

Roch

Hello,

Here you go:

https://www.riaa.com/report-piracy/

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello,

When we say "rip," we mean we have ripped the disk to a file for our own enjoyment at home.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Assuming you're referring to the Concertante and not the Concertone, have you tried Carmignola with Abbado and the Orchestra Mozart?

Yes, and no. 

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

Thank you all for your, mostly, ironic replies. From all these replies, I find the below the kindest one, albeit totally unintelligible:

"When we say "rip," we mean we have ripped the disk to a file for our own enjoyment at home"

In my kind of universe, when I do have a cd or an lp, there is no need to rip it to a file for my own enjoyment at home...I mean, what is this??

But in any case, thank you all and I wish you the very best. 

I don't mind buying this album, provided I can find it, and I will...some day.

As for the other people here who offered help with Russian and Nigerian sites, I can only say that if this the best line you can serve, then you need to do your homework again.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, saint300 said:

Thank you all for your, mostly, ironic replies. From all these replies, I find the below the kindest one, albeit totally unintelligible:

"When we say "rip," we mean we have ripped the disk to a file for our own enjoyment at home"

In my kind of universe, when I do have a cd or an lp, there is no need to rip it to a file for my own enjoyment at home...I mean, what is this??

But in any case, thank you all and I wish you the very best. 

I don't mind buying this album, provided I can find it, and I will...some day.

Hey, we're a little starved for humor - sorry you got jumped on.

An explanation: The name of the website is "Computer Audiophile."  Most of us here think we can hear sound at least as good, if not better, from a ripped high quality file than from a spinning silver disc.  There's also a really nice convenience factor, since electrons (the files) are much, much easier to move around where you want them and easily organize, catalog, and find in an instant than molecules (the silver discs).

If you're curious, you're more than welcome to hang around, read, and ask questions.

Thank you for clearing things up for me!

On another note, and especially as a reply to the friendly chap who suggested I visited Russian and Nigerian sites, please let me note that there is a huge difference between products that are still in/on print and products that are deleted/out of print. Please also note that if some seller happens to have copies of an out of print album, that does not make the album readily available, and in any case all royalties have already been paid since that said seller has the copy in their hands. In other words, this means that talking about a rip of the said album, is not piracy by any stretch of the imagination. That is why I asked my initial question. This album is no longer available commercially from the manufacturer, and any copies still on sale won't produce any royalties to the musician. It is the same as with long out of print LPs that are hugely expensive now....All royalties have been paid in full and it is just the seller who wants to benefit from the sale! I happen to own a whole bunch of very rare LPs, that may be selling for a premium; it does not go to say that it is piracy for someone to post a rip of such albums.

Anyway, thank you all again.

I may share with you some cover albums I already own, just to be in the spirit! 

Whatever we might think about how things should be, we're not advocating anything that doesn't comply with the copyright laws of the countries we're living in.  Anyway, the intent and topic of this thread isn't to discuss the legalities or morality of music sharing, but to share music by telling other folks about it.  Even out of production stuff can be found second hand online or in shops.

8 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Assuming you're referring to the Concertante and not the Concertone, have you tried Carmignola with Abbado and the Orchestra Mozart?

If I could step in here – Garmignola plays with lot of fun and remarkable ease, but his (or Abbado's?) version seem to be slightly rushed for me. I like Perlman/Zukerman CD mentioned above for very long time, but the recording of Sinfonia Concertante which is really dear to my heart is the old one with David and Igor Oistrakh touching father and son dialogue which I had many years ago on LP.

On 4/5/2017 at 9:38 PM, sphinxsix said:

The most important contemporary Polish jazz musician IMO (I respect Krzysztof Komeda with whom Stanko recorded years ago too) has just released his new album on ECM. I've just managed to check out some tracks - sounds very interesting. Definitely my album of the evening.

52325305?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

https://www.highresaudio.com/de/album/view/nc57y6/tomasz-stanko-new-york-quartet-december-avenue

An excellent album! Entire ECM output from Stanko is very good, but this recording stands out.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:05 AM, Musicophile said:

That album is beautiful. I just wonder how exactly they managed to extract additional detail given that this was indeed based on a DAT recording. Maybe they screwed something up in the original CD transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I owned a DAT recording machine, capable 48, 44.1 or 32 kHZ sample rate. Maybe it was recorded at 48?  I don't know this is why they managed to extract additional detail (plus better remastering techniques from Gus Skinas).

I just saw this recommendation and ordered the SACD. Thanks Ted !

Roch

9 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

An excellent album! Entire ECM output from Stanko is very good, but this recording stands out.

A good album IMO too. David Virelles is a very different pianist from Marcin Wasilewski (for whom I have a deep respect too) - you never know what he's going to play the very next second and I like it. As for Stanko - it's almost unimagineable that such music full of nostalgy and inner peace comes from a man who in his drug period used to come back home at  3 am and play simultaneously Bach mass from one speaker and James Brown from the other 'cause they went together well in his opinion. And he played both really loud. Or leave home with an axe hidden under his coat and with a headscarf claiming he was a Peruvian woman.. People do change..

BTW there are some photos of him with his Polish band that I took a couple of years ago in one of the photoalbums on my profile, they are nothing special but you can check them out if you want.

19 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

If I could step in here – Garmignola plays with lot of fun and remarkable ease, but his (or Abbado's?) version seem to be slightly rushed for me. I like Perlman/Zukerman CD mentioned above for very long time, but the recording of Sinfonia Concertante which is really dear to my heart is the old one with David and Igor Oistrakh touching father and son dialogue which I had many years ago on LP.

I have that one too, on CD. Between them, I don't need any others!

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

9 hours ago, elcorso said:

I owned a DAT recording machine, capable 48, 44.1 or 32 kHZ sample rate. Maybe it was recorded at 48?  I don't know this is why they managed to extract additional detail (plus better remastering techniques from Gus Skinas). [...]

Don't know exactly what was done in the remaster, but whatever it is is very significant. The sense of space and environment is much more precise, and sense of dynamics and realism in the individual instruments and voice are much stronger. And I listened to the Redbook layer. So whatever increase in resolution has nothing to the do going beyond 44/16.

5 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Guillaume de Machaut: Les Motets

Ensemble Musica Nova

Remarkable! 

Have had this for a while. Need to get to it soon. Thanks for reminding.

1600 Rinaldo Alessandrini, Concerto Italiano

MI0003318426.jpg

More new music from 17th centry Italy.

53 minutes ago, accwai said:

Don't know exactly what was done in the remaster, but whatever it is is very significant. The sense of space and environment is much more precise, and sense of dynamics and realism in the individual instruments and voice are much stronger. And I listened to the Redbook layer. So whatever increase in resolution has nothing to the do going beyond 44/16.

Good to know !

Maybe I don't need to do the DSD extraction.

Roch