Here is one I have not listened to for a while. It just sounded good today

Folder.jpg

Our New Orleans A Benefit Album for the Gulf Coast

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

One of the best jazz recordings from Verve in the 90's, with a DR15. This album also marks the last appearance of Miles Davis as a side man. Toots Thielemans and Wynton Marsalis appears on the album as well. You can find it on Qobuz.

It is fantastic. Highest recommendation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9159[/ATTACH]

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

AtomTM - HD

AtomTMHD_zps9fc63760.jpg

AtomTM1_zpsae85e58b.gif

AtomTM2_zpsf171fd80.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Yep, seriously. A bit similar to Kraftwerk.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Kraftwerk:

Kraftwerk1_zps9f303922.jpg

Atom TM (Uwe Schmidt): See pic #3 above.

Was in the mood from some Journey all day for some reason. I've been listening to the "Essential Journey" Album for a few years and have never been too impressed with its sound. I believe it was spawned from the 1996 Remaster. In any event, the content is priceless so I thought nothing of it.

After doing some digging around on the web today looking for a better version I remembered that I had another Journey album that I purchased many years ago but never burned it to .WAV so I went digging in the basement and found this one below.

Journey's Greatest Hits (1988 Release)

Jgreatesthits.jpg

After consulting the online DR Database I about shit a brick when I found out this copy is probably one of the best versions of the bands work to own as it was never violated by someones bad idea of a Remaster.

Listening to it now and concur, the sound is impeccable!

Was in the mood from some Journey all day for some reason. I've been listening to the "Essential Journey" Album for a few years and have never been too impressed with its sound. I believe it was spawned from the 1996 Remaster. In any event, the content is priceless so I thought nothing of it.

After doing some digging around on the web today looking for a better version I remembered that I had another Journey album that I purchased many years ago but never burned it to .WAV so I went digging in the basement and found this one below.

Journey's Greatest Hits (1988 Release)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9172[/ATTACH]

After consulting the online DR Database I about shit a brick when I found out this copy is probably one of the best versions of the bands work to own as it was never violated by someones bad idea of a Remaster.

Listening to it now and concur, the sound is impeccable!

I just picked up an interesting CD, a little different than I usually buy. It is called Raising Sand with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. It is rated Folk. You will want a sub or full range speakers as the bass in the music really makes the music interesting.

Folder.jpg

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

I just picked up an interesting CD, a little different than I usually buy. It is called Raising Sand with Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. It is rated Folk. You will want a sub or full range speakers as the bass in the music really makes the music interesting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9178[/ATTACH]

No less than Album of the Year at the 2009 Grammy Awards. The genius behind that sound is producer T-Bone Burnett:

tboneburnettide-e1380656361757.jpg

T-Bone Burnett production discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Café Zimmermann : Bach : Concerts avec plusieurs instruments (Intégrale)

Café Zimmermann _ Bach _ Concerts avec plusieurs instruments (Intégrale).jpg

-

Mac mini 2.3 Ghz i7 16gb Ram with Mojo Audio Joule III PSU(2T SSD) -> Audioquest Diamond USB -> dCS Vivaldi DAC (Shunyata Alpha Digital) -> Transparent XL Gen5 XLR -> Classé CA-M600 -> Audioquest OAK single biwire -> B&W 802D3. Software: Mac OSX El Captain, Audirvana 2.2, Amarra Symphony IRC, Roon. Storage: Lacie 5big Network 2 5T. Power Conditioner: Shunyata Triton + Typhon.

I too very much like this recording of the Brandenburgs, Overtures and other concertos. For information, the later albums within this set are available in excellent high-res sound.

Yes i saw that on Qobuz but it was a better deal to buy the whole set in redbook as just the two last albums are available in his rez; but i bought their new Vivaldi Estro Armonico in 24bit/96khz.

3760014191930_600.jpg

-

Mac mini 2.3 Ghz i7 16gb Ram with Mojo Audio Joule III PSU(2T SSD) -> Audioquest Diamond USB -> dCS Vivaldi DAC (Shunyata Alpha Digital) -> Transparent XL Gen5 XLR -> Classé CA-M600 -> Audioquest OAK single biwire -> B&W 802D3. Software: Mac OSX El Captain, Audirvana 2.2, Amarra Symphony IRC, Roon. Storage: Lacie 5big Network 2 5T. Power Conditioner: Shunyata Triton + Typhon.

album-1382039366.jpg

Dean Wareham-Emancipated Hearts (2013)

Ex-Galaxie 500 and Luna frontman first release under his name. An Autumnal miniCD (miniLP, 10", whatever) with some very solid songs of 'peaceful psychedelia' looking for the spirit of the VU third record, Lee Hazlewood, etc. I like it very much. Recommended.

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC