Last night my wife brought this to my attention and we listened and relaxed after the Blues and Funk Fest adventures of earlier in the day. This girl is quite unique and charming. Her music is enchanting almost to listen to, and very beautiful.

Give her a listen.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 11.17.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 11.17.22 AM.png

No electron left behind.

Just now, Daccord said:

Is that a Roon screen shot? I always have to click to enlarge and then zoom in to see what you're listening to. I like it when people post album covers. I'll give this one a shot.

Hans Moleman

Yes it is.  Does this work better for you?

RoonShareImage-636995115652414120.png

No electron left behind.

Just finished listening to this. I learned about Lavay a very long time ago in a Borders books when I just happened to listen to her CD. Bought it immediately and since then have not only seen her play many times but have come to know her in person and become friends. She is a wonderful person and great talent.

RoonShareImage-637017571486102600.png

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, Hugo9000 said:

I also discovered this album in a Borders store when it came out, at one of their listening stations!  Great album, as is her second one, Everybody's Talkin' 'bout Miss Thing!  Looking online now, I see that somehow I missed a third album, released in 2009.  I'll have to check it out.

I'm glad to hear nice things about her as a person, I love it when artists whose work I admire are actually admirable as people as well as talents! :)

I agree that it is nice to learn a favorite artist is also a nice person, it lets me appreciate them more rather than ruining their music for me.

Ms Smith To You is the 3rd album and it is just as good!  I have not been able to find a download in anything higher than mp3 though, so if you do let me know. You'll just have to buy the CD.

No electron left behind.