Finally taking a break from Edgar Knecht.

I'm listening to this now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19417[/ATTACH]

Listening to Knecht's Dance on Deep Waters in Qobuz offline mode now while on my way to the airport for a week's vacation (yay!). Very nice. Need to check out the rest. Did you get them in Highres?

Jimmy Cobb, The Original Mob, HDtracks.com 48/24 AIFF. Highly recommended. Highly entertaining. Highly talented and accomplished musicians playing together in a live setting used as a studio.

Personnel:

Jimmy Cobb - drums

Peter Bernstein- guitar

Brad Mehldau - piano

John Webber - bass

Enjoy the music,

Richard

image.jpg

Listening to Knecht's Dance on Deep Waters in Qobuz offline mode now while on my way to the airport for a week's vacation (yay!). Very nice. Need to check out the rest. Did you get them in Highres?

I've been listening to them on Tidal so far. I plan to purchase them in highres.

cover.JPG

Prompted by a recent mention by Musicophile.

Schubert: Death and the Maiden. A very energetic, even ferocious reading by the Pavel Haas Quartet.

For an equally as energetic but more mellow performance, I like the Quartetto Italiano version:

cover.jpg

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

Art Pepper meets The Rhythm Section

Enjoying some sublime alto sax tunes - Art Pepper's phrasing is so unique and clean.

Very easy on the ears. Easily one of the best alto sax players of his era.

MI0002421980.jpg

AllMusic Review: Meets the Rhythm Section - Art Pepper

Concur! Also, my edition is the DSF64 also from Acoustic Sound and the SQ is superb. I use BitPerfect's DSDMaster (latest update) to convert to DSDhybrid in AIFF at 352.8/24 to play on my auxilary system with a Dac limited to 96/24. Amarra Sympony with iRC automatically down samples to 88.2/24. In any case, the recording is highly recommended.

Enjoy!

Richard

Yes, Art + Eleven is a brilliant album! Actually many others by Art, including MSFL, the way it was!, Hybrid SACD.

Best,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19468[/ATTACH]

Was going to mention "The Way It Was ..." but you beat me to it.

Spent all last night listening to these albums.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

First...a disclaimer. The leader is a very good friend. I saw him today (he was having an exhibition of his paintings). I purchased the CD rather than stream it on:

Qobuz Muerte por Chocolate | Antonio Marangolo Terzetto – Télécharger et écouter l'album

He's my friend and deserves more than .0000000002 cents per play. In any case, it's very, very good and equally well recorded.

marangolo.jpeg

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Art Pepper meets The Rhythm Section

Enjoying some sublime alto sax tunes - Art Pepper's phrasing is so unique and clean.

Very easy on the ears. Easily one of the best alto sax players of his era.

AllMusic Review: Meets the Rhythm Section - Art Pepper

And a fantastic recording - sounds like they are playing live in your room -even on CD; there is a DSD version at Acoustic Sounds

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for the link - very interesting read. Is that a typo at the bottom of the article where both Sax and Grundmann's versions have been given the same reference?

Art Pepper meets the Rhythm Section was originally Contemporary Stereo S7532. Sax’s remastered reissue is CAPJS 010, Grundman’s version is CAPJS 010.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

My find of the summer...Unknown.jpeg

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."

Unknown-1.jpeg

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."