Little Boots - Nocturnes

LittleBoots-Nocturnes_zpsfd33fea4.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

It is indeed. "Too young to go steady" is one of my 5 star tracks. However, the first AU plugin for filtering Jarrett's pig noises would quickly be a success.

According to my understanding, Jarrett would boycott all such devices and efforts, as "One doesn't filter God." Ok, perhaps he didn't say exactly that, but you get my drift. And after "Koln" perhaps he is.

And speaking of Glenn Gould; Sony was able to filter his humming along with the piano quite successfully in later (after his death, to be sure) remasters of his recordings.

Chris

+1, and thanks again, Blake for pointing it out awhile back.

Happy to help. I also really like his album "IBM 1401 A User's Manual".

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

NoahandTheWhale_zps984e81b2.jpg

Hehehe, but this is quite good album IMHO :-)

It is indeed. "Too young to go steady" is one of my 5 star tracks. However, the first AU plugin for filtering Jarrett's pig noises would quickly be a success.

Marvelous album indeed,Jarrett put the piano trio back on the map as an art form with those recordings.

Funny though that grunting and moaning is nowhere to be heard when he plays Bach,Glen Gould does but Keith don't.

Is he only grunting when he improvises? Strange.

Keith%u00252BJarrett%2B-%2BJ.S.Bach%2B-%2BThe%2BWell-Tempered%2BClavier%2BBook%2BI.jpg

Lyn Stanley - Lost in Romance

Blue Coast recommended, just about all formats offered for Jan special at $12 for the album. Very polished perfomances, the recording on headphones even has space :) Highly recommended.

Musicians:

Lyn Stanley — Vocals

Tamir Hendelman — Piano

Mike Lang — Piano

Llew Matthews — Piano

Trey Henry — Bass

Jim DeJulio — Bass

Kevin Axt — Bass

Jeff Hamilton — Drums

Bernie Dresel — Drums

Paul Kreibich — Drums

Gilbert Castellanos — Trumpet & Flugelhorn

Steve Rawlins — Finger Snaps

Bob Sheppard — Tenor Saxophone

Bob McChesney — Trombone

Thom Rotella — Guitar

Producer, Steve Rawlins

Executive Producer, Lyn Stanley

Recorded at Conway Studios,

Ocean Way Studios,

Studio City Sound and LAfx Studios - Los Angeles, CA

Recording Engineer - Tommy Vicari

Mixed by Al Schmitt at Capitol Records Studio - Los Angeles, CA

Assistant Mixing Engineer - Steve Genewick

Pro Tools Engineer - Spencer Guerra

Mastered by - Bernie Grundman, Bernie Grundman Mastering

Photography - Anthony Mongiello, Tony Eng, Carl Palicke

Cover design - Katie Mecham

Special Thanks - Paul Smith, Annette Warren, Marge Rivingston, Alex Vardin, Paula Salvatore, Brent Thomas Mills & Walter Lyon Bloom

Tamir Hendelman - courtesy of Resonance Records

Released 2013

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9912[/ATTACH]

I bought that in every format I could find, the vinyl just for the cover... ;)

No electron left behind.

Shelby Lynne, Just a Little Lovin', DSD download from AcousticSounds. Very pleasant music in most natural sound.

XAPP041D64__93691__08262013021659-8129.jpg

Very good album and sound quality. This download was their best seller for a long time.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Mozart: Don Giovanni - Nézet Seguin (DG redbook rip)

Unknown.jpeg

The other day I was complaining about the lack of new great opera recordings. Apparently, these days, these huge productions are just too expensive.

This one is a nice exception, piggy-backing on a live production of this opera in Baden-Baden. Nézet-Seguin is one of the hottest (musically) young conductors of the moment, the Mahler Chamber Orchestra plays well, and most soloists, especially Damrau and DiDonato, are doing a great job.

Mozart: Don Giovanni - Nézet Seguin (DG redbook rip)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9987[/ATTACH]

The other day I was complaining about the lack of new great opera recordings. Apparently, these days, these huge productions are just too expensive.

This one is a nice exception, piggy-backing on a live production of this opera in Baden-Baden. Nézet-Seguin is one of the hottest (musically) young conductors of the moment, the Mahler Chamber Orchestra plays well, and most soloists, especially Damrau and DiDonato, are doing a great job.

Not only very well performed, but sounds well recorded also.