IGNORED

Hi-B cut chokes for DIY power supplies - purchase details

mine are on their way, others must have received them already ( I think I ordered the last pair)....any feedback?

(it's awfully silent here so I'm assuming everyone is sitting there listening with their jaws on the floor ;-)  )

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

10 hours ago, Dev said:

No luck yet on the West coast side. There is no shipping update since June 6th. I am wondering what might have gone wrong.

try tracking them via 17track.net it's likely they are in pre customs hold, there is often a bit of a black box in that process between arrival and completing customs IME (also professionally when shipping stuff to the US). 

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

9 hours ago, Todd H said:

I spoke to Martin recently. He didnt seem concerned about ship time, noting it always takes longer then expected. Not sure if that's the final word on the matter but glad to hear no issues on his end.

West Coast always takes a day or two three longer from over here IME.

My previous order of chokes from Martin took much longer to arrive than I had expected too.  To save on shipping costs due to their high density heavy weight, Martin doesn’t ship them by FedEx, DHL, or other premium services.  The only shipping I have ever experienced as slower is the free shipping from Ali Express in China.

The chokes are definitely worth the wait!

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

mine will arrive tomorrow, provided PostNL gets their act together....

Won't be using them straigh away, already have two in use..

Left at the doorstep by PostNL like a foundling (already put in a complaint, it was package nr 27 or so where things went wrong)

20230615_175842.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

They’re massive!

they HAVE to be, 10 Amps @ 36 or so Volts DC is a lot of power...and that was the reason I was so sceptic about the Hammonds in the original design.

Sometimes specs mean 'the thing will not go up in smoke at this current' (just look power ratings for cheap speakers) but that is not what we need...

• 2 weeks later...

so a good 2 weeks after most folks have been receiving theirs, how about some feedback ?

meanwhile I'm going in a different direction with a dual xeon build after some mishap with my new MB, I will likely keep the LPSU as is. and just splat the sage MB in place of the current one