IGNORED

Article: Munich 2022 Show Report

Yes, Nagra + Wilson Audio was nice but best of show... by far... this!

Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 01.45.15.png

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

On 5/25/2022 at 3:28 AM, skatbelt said:

IO Design NAKED speakers. It was in H4, R02. In one of those smaller booths. Despite that, everything was right, from top to bottom. No coloration, no harshness, no boom, silvery fast, only music: the Raal Requisite SR1a among loudspeakers. Unfortunately 80k euros for a pair

I think this type of design has great potential, but seems impossible to me that these would play anywhere near flat down to 22Hz, but the specs don't say how flat they are, just a range with no ± dB. Their web site has a lot of flowery hyperbole but a little short on substance.

Specification

2 Woofers 12"

1 Custom magneto-planar Midrange

1 Custom ribbon Tweeter

Sensitivity 91 dB

Nominal Impedance 8 Ohm (minimum 4 Ohm)

Frequency response 22-35.000 Hz

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

1 hour ago, bbosler said:

I think this type of design has great potential, but seems impossible to me that these would play anywhere near flat down to 22Hz, but the specs don't say how flat they are, just a range with no ± dB. Their web site has a lot of flowery hyperbole but a little short on substance.

Specification

2 Woofers 12"

1 Custom ribbon Tweeter

Sensitivity 91 dB

No, +/- is telling as those numbers mean nothing w/o the dB rating.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

15 hours ago, bbosler said:

Specification

2 Woofers 12"

1 Custom ribbon Tweeter

Sensitivity 91 dB

It sounded to me as you'd probably expect given the 'naked' baffle less design, neither was there any low end definition nor volume and to me it sounded HIFI/HIgh-End lacking things I find important, like overtones and 'coloratura' of instruments. It probably just shows that taste differs.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

17 hours ago, bbosler said:

Let me put it this way. I spent at least 45 minutes in the room and heard a lot of music familiar to me and I didn't miss anything! It sounded very coherent and dynamic and not thin, not warm but neutral. Just right for my taste.

People looking for quite a bit of saturation and lushness will not be attracted though. In my book you should not want to strive for this because there is always something out of balance or not right in the sound field.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz