IGNORED

Article: Munich 2022 Show Report

Nice that you experienced a couple of sessions of competent SQ, :D. A dose of the good stuff tells the story of what's possible; and makes it largely impossible to accept anything of lower standard from then on as being serious about the job ...

Good one!

The RAAL VM-1a amp is indeed the very best way to hear the SR1a. I have heard all the dedicated SR1a amps and many 2-channel amps. The new KRELL XD amps come close to the VM-1a, but they have to go through the amp interface box and a dedicated SR1a amp. like the VM-1a, does not. Waiting on delivery of the VM-1a.

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Who hurt you to cause this abomination to exist?  ;-) This is an affront to Tater Tot Hotdish's everywhere.

I assume that's the Minnesotian way to express interest in the recipe?

Will write it down later for you.

Beware that's a vegetarian dish, but you can harmonize with prosciutto di Parma.

11 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

No offense taken, that's why I offered the recipe 🤣

Surprised, no Asparagus in the USA?? ?

Not that pale, imitation asparagus 🤣

We usually don't like to hide things, except fortunes.... 🤣😇

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

How to Cook Asparagus (6 Easy Methods) - Jessica GavinYour always running after the little greenbacks, I suppose?

Well, around these parts, wild asparagus can be found by railroad tracks.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Thanks for the report Chris !

I did not have the chance to see you (or Alan Parsons), but apart from that, it was indeed a great show ! :-)

Impossible to hear everything !

My top three rooms would be : Soulution/Magico, Avantgarde, and Estelon/MSB. The Estelon room (with Extreme mk2) was also very good. I spent too little time in the Nagra room but it did seem very good.

Thanks for the show report Chris!

The standard at Munich really separates it from the other shows.  

It is really good to see that the show was well represented by all the big brands.

That Nagra / Wilson Audio room sounds spectacular even on video.  

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

52 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes and no. Because the new amp design sounds so different and a bit tube like on top, Michal wants to get people thinking tube sound and also create something that looks nice.

Guarantee you hear will people saying it sounds tube like, and some will think it has a functioning tube.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I'm looking forward to getting back to these shows. Interesting comments among those who have gone to Munich and recently Axpona among the various sites.

Just my observations.

What some love others hate and there is no dearth of opinions. The objective v. subjective argument, so often debated here is alive and well when judging by comments across the spectrum. Some have the best room that others claim is their worst room. Bias by owners of products and dealers, no matter how hard they try to conceal by claiming faint praise on other products, is clear among many of the comments on audio sites. 

It is obvious that these shows have so many variables and mix so many variables from show to show it's a wonder how anyone could judge just one component of a system. Whether it be the room, source, amplification, wires, etc. The one constant is that these systems are so good today, that any one of them could satisfy any of us when properly set up in a good room regardless of what we choose individually. Other than seeing and "hearing" a product at a show at that instant with a unique set of variables, the challenge posed of what to buy based on the complexity of so many variables is unique in the luxury market. I can understand how the OCD amongst us (most) could go nuts. 

Deniro summed up today's high-end audio in the movie Heat when he said, "Don't get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds". While the analogy is a little over the top, it does bring up a point when I see some emphatically putting down say MSB to praise the WADAX or vice versa. I mean, come on, especially based on a show?? Same goes for horns, panels, electrostats, cones, etc. 

Just my POV, but I have looked at these shows as the ultimate "live catalogue". 

Chris, thanks as always, for the levelheaded review and insight of your experience without the over-the-top dogma some seem is necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

I'm looking forward to getting back to these shows. Interesting comments among those who have gone to Munich and recently Axpona among the various sites.

Just my observations.

What some love others hate and there is no dearth of opinions. The objective v. subjective argument, so often debated here is alive and well when judging by comments across the spectrum. Some have the best room that others claim is their worst room. Bias by owners of products and dealers, no matter how hard they try to conceal by claiming faint praise on other products, is clear among many of the comments on audio sites. 

It is obvious that these shows have so many variables and mix so many variables from show to show it's a wonder how anyone could judge just one component of a system. Whether it be the room, source, amplification, wires, etc. The one constant is that these systems are so good today, that any one of them could satisfy any of us when properly set up in a good room regardless of what we choose individually. Other than seeing and "hearing" a product at a show at that instant with a unique set of variables, the challenge posed of what to buy based on the complexity of so many variables is unique in the luxury market. I can understand how the OCD amongst us (most) could go nuts. 

Deniro summed up today's high-end audio in the movie Heat when he said, "Don't get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds". While the analogy is a little over the top, it does bring up a point when I see some emphatically putting down say MSB to praise the WADAX or vice versa. I mean, come on, especially based on a show?? Same goes for horns, panels, electrostats, cones, etc. 

Just my POV, but I have looked at these shows as the ultimate "live catalogue". 

Chris, thanks as always, for the levelheaded review and insight of your experience without the over-the-top dogma some seem is necessary. 

Thanks for the kind words. I really struggled with this one because everyone knows I’ve spent a good bit of money on Wilson speakers and the company advertises on AS. I’m sure some will write off my best of show award, but I have to call it like I see it. The flip side of that coin is not talking about brands I own or advertise with me. That would be such a disservice to everyone. I know you understand all of this, but your comment made me think of it. 

I thought the Rockport room left a lot to be desired. I know those speakers are great, but not at this show. It happens. 

Shows are fun. Music is fun. But, purchasing decisions made using show reports or experience are foolish. My show report is only a start for someone, not the definitive word. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png