IGNORED

T+A DAC 200

3 hours ago, Mist1Fu said:

Hello everyone,

I’m a new member, but have been reading and following this topic about the DAC-200 and many other posts in the forums. I own a DAC-200 as well and I enjoy very much the quality in all aspects of this device. I wanted to ask OE333 about a change I have noticed since updating the firmware a day ago; the relay doesn’t click anymore when changing resolution of music files, has this changed since the latest firmwares? When I bought the DAC it was on Ver.1.11 and up until the update yesterday the relay clicked for any single track or file with different resolutions, but I just noticed when I started listening to music that it doesn’t click at all but still shows the change in resolution.

Thanks in advance to any reply.

http://updates.ta-hifi.de/firmware/auto_download/DAC200/docs/versions_DAC200.txt

Not the complete answer and for sure OE333 would know all details, but the change log does mention a change to the firmware that reduces relay clicking after v1.12

4 hours ago, Mist1Fu said:

Hello everyone,

I’m a new member, but have been reading and following this topic about the DAC-200 and many other posts in the forums. I own a DAC-200 as well and I enjoy very much the quality in all aspects of this device. I wanted to ask OE333 about a change I have noticed since updating the firmware a day ago; the relay doesn’t click anymore when changing resolution of music files, has this changed since the latest firmwares? When I bought the DAC it was on Ver.1.11 and up until the update yesterday the relay clicked for any single track or file with different resolutions, but I just noticed when I started listening to music that it doesn’t click at all but still shows the change in resolution.

Thanks in advance to any reply.

My DAC 200 has always only had the solenoid click when switching between PCM and DSD tracks.  Within PCM or DSD a resolution change has no click.  Also, how did you do the firmware upgrade?

1 minute ago, jrsub said:

My DAC 200 has always only had the solenoid click when switching between PCM and DSD tracks.  Within PCM or DSD a resolution change has no click.

... then you already have the new firmware.

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

11 hours ago, Mist1Fu said:

And the change of intermittent input light when there’s no signal or audio is part of the update as well then?

... this seems to be an unintended change in the latest firmware.

The blinking light will come back with the next FW update - promised ;)

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

Hi everyone have a question.

Manual page 43 at the bottom says to use "either balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA connection. Do not use both types of connection at the same time."

Then next page 44 says "if the two outputs should be used together the input impedance of both connected devices must be at least 10 kOhm"

Does this means the two outputs be used at the same time with the impedance ratio consideration?

On 12/20/2022 at 2:40 AM, OE333 said:

There is good news about the PC based firmware update for the DAC200.

T+A is willing to support this and they will offer the required USB -> E2Link  programming adaptor through the T+A webshop.

I will give an update on this topic as soon as all details are clear.

Any recent news about when this will be available?

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

3 hours ago, lsantista said:

DA 200 received Thursday. So far, enjoying it very much.

@Miska would you recommend NOS1 or NOS2 for using with HQP?

You should use only DSD output mode with HQPlayer. This setting is not applicable in that case. There's just the lowpass setting of 60 kHz or wide. I use 60 kHz on my loudspeaker system on DA 200, and wide mode with Solitaire P headphones on HA 200.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I concur...

Updating firmware via PCs is a dodgy enterprise at best. Anything could go wrong, from sudden power drops, to missed connections, to Cylons sucking the power dry at the worst moment.

Even using the MP200, I had to run the process a couple of times for each of the DAC200 and HA200, but the MP200 is very well designed, and best suited to carry out the job where a failure occurs.

As @jonniema suggested, if you don't own an MP200, please find a dealer who does, and take your prized device there for an update.

I especially would not attempt this update with any version of MS Windows... IMHO!

LP