IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Podcast: Episode 1 | Roon Labs Interview

15 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

You want to hear dirty joke? 

“Jock the coalman”

Hopefully the hard working coal men giving us electricity to power our devices are not offended! 😂😂

I think everyone of them would agree, their job isn't easy or good for their health.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Still very annoying that Roon won't stream to devices of a different protocol type. If you can start it yourself a few seconds apart surely there would be something to group all zones of different streaming protocols ie Chromecast, USB dac, Linn, Raat etc

Also annoying that grouped Chromecasts don't have individual volume control yet you can do it separately via Home when streaming from Roon

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

It is nice to give this opportunity to Roon staff to explain how and what they are doing. It is undoubtedly a good application. I just cringe when I hear them speaking of it as a "collector's" dream... It is very far from that ! Two years ago, I stopped using Roon (see here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/bye-roon-why-i-am-not-renewing-my-subscription/67012), and don't regret it. I just wish there were other alternatives for serious music collectors than something build on AllMusic, which is flawed, and always will be. Roon could be much more ambitious, but they are content in providing a superficial solution. It is a shame.

If the technology exists to make a transcript of podcasts would it be possible to have transcripts posted?

If not, no worries.

Cheers

Mac Mini 2007: 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo, 3 Gig RAM, 500 Gig 5400 RPM HD[br]OSX 10.6.6, TimeMachine Off, Airport Off, Dedicated to Music[br]HAGUSB USB-->S/PDIF[br]Players: Audirvana, ITunes[br]Music Library: RedBook 16/44 WAV[br]Bryston BP26DA Preamp/DAC[br]Bryston 3BSST Amp[br]B&W 804s Loudspeakers[br]