IGNORED

Marantz introduced a new Integrated and SACD Player/Network player today

You can SHOUT all you like , but the original requests from many members were for a Vinyl section in what was basically a Digital forum ( Computer Audiophile)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

14 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

All Amplifiers are Analogue, but Some Amplifiers are More Analogue than Others

Document Thumbnail

This paper intends to clarify the terms "digital" and "analogue" as applied to class-D audio power amplifiers. Since loudspeaker terminals require an analogue voltage, an audio power amplifier must have an analogue output. If its input is digital, digital-to-analogue conversion is executed at some point. Once a designer acknowledges the analogue output properties of a class-D power stage, amplifier quality can improve. The incorrect assumption that some amplifiers are supposedly digital, causes many designers to come up with twisted digital patches to ordinary analogue phenomena such as timing distortion or supply rejection. This irrational approach blocks the way to a rich world of well-established analogue techniques to avoid many of these problems and realize otherwise unattainable characteristics such as excellent THD+N and extremely low output impedance throughout the audio band.

https://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=13494

Sure it has an analog output, so what, so does a CD player. Analog in this context means analog in, analog out with no digital conversion in the middle. 

2 hours ago, Miska said:

have aliasing effects down to audio band

Well, won’t using HQPlayer helping avoiding that ?

I would also expect anti aliasing filters would be applied in most DAC’s. Or you add then on input of the amplifier. So I don’t expect this to be an issue today. Manufacturers must be aware of this. 

Still I’m not sure I understand why a Hypex vs a class A amplifier should act differently on input signal. But I probably won’t understand the answer either 😀

On 9/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, AudioDoctor said:

The Integrated is using the Hypex Ncore class D amplifiers, meaning GUTB already hates it. The Network player does USB PCM up to 384khz and DSD to 11.2 Mhz.

Both of these components use switching technology . This area was a result of numerous requests for an all analogue area, with mainly Vinyl playback to discuss non switching (digital ) components which were not covered originally in Computer Audiophile. 

Pure Analogue components are items such as Turntables , and their Cartridges, Vinyl playback in general,RIAA Phono Preamps, Reel to Reel and Cassette decks. AM and FM Tuners , Analogue Preamps and Analogue Power Amplifiers..

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Well, won’t using HQPlayer helping avoiding that ?

Yes, but you still need a bit of care with the DAC pairing. For example something like 352.8/384k PCM output is not sufficient. Which is what pretty much all on-chip digital filters output.

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I would also expect anti aliasing filters would be applied in most DAC’s. Or you add then on input of the amplifier. So I don’t expect this to be an issue today.

Reconstruction filters, anti-alias filters are at ADC side. Class-D amp's modulator is essentially like an ADC.

They have a little bit, usually second order analog filter (12 dB/oct) with fc around 100 kHz.

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Manufacturers must be aware of this.

I think they are not, or alternatively conveniently ignored.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

9 hours ago, sandyk said:

Both of these components use switching technology . This area was a result of numerous requests for an all analogue area, with mainly Vinyl playback to discuss non switching (digital ) components which were not covered originally in Computer Audiophile. 

Pure Analogue components are items such as Turntables , and their Cartridges, Vinyl playback in general,RIAA Phono Preamps, Reel to Reel and Cassette decks. AM and FM Tuners , Analogue Preamps and Analogue Power Amplifiers..

Perhaps you haven't noticed, this site is now Audiophile Style, and typically vinyl does have a lot of style to it.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

1 hour ago, 4est said:

Perhaps you haven't noticed, this site is now Audiophile Style, and typically vinyl does have a lot of style to it.

I was simply pointing out that this section has been asked for many times previously, even well before the name change.

Although I no longer have vinyl,  due to the promises of immature Digital technology which >35 years later is still being refined, I believe that now that we are Audiophile Style forum , members should be entitled to an Analogue ONLY area, free of equipment with internal Digital processing where a purely analogue only version is available.

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Some of you are exactly why I never even considered becoming a psych Dr...

Is it too much to ask that  the many members who asked for this sub forum  be permitted a Digital free area ? 

There are already several other areas where you could have posted this thread.