IGNORED

It's almost as if Google saw me coming...

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I suppose its possible, although I don't know how likely, that Google would serve up a picture based on my cookies and search histories, etc...

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 11.51.57 AM.png

If this looks anything like your real equipment, turn off Google assistant immediately and cover up all the laptop webcams! 

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I suppose its possible, although I don't know how likely, that Google would serve up a picture based on my cookies and search histories, etc...

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 11.51.57 AM.png

They couldn't be further off - you're a digital guy, not analog! 😉

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

If this looks anything like your real equipment, turn off Google assistant immediately and cover up all the laptop webcams! 

it doesn’t, but still makes a person wonder.  Although that wall is extremely similar to the color of my new kitchen cabinets...

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

They could use AI to generate pictures matching your known interests and preferences. Next level of personalized marketing. At least I can bet many advertisers would love such feature.

no doubt they would. Totally feasible with current tech too I bet. 

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, firedog said:

One of the many reasons to use a search engine other than Google.

Have a look at this new browser.

https://brave.com/

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Vivaldi on desktop gives you choice of search engines (including DuckDuckGo) and you can install the ad blocking extension(s) of your choice also. Also available for Android phone with iOS version upcoming.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Cum’on guys, its what they do. And what all the fuss is about. Google know more about you than you know yourself. They know where you go, what you do there, how many times you go, where you go afterwards. They know when your planning a holiday, a new purchase, when you or your kids are sick, what’s wrong with them. They know how academic you are and they can probably even judge within reason how smart you are. They also have a pretty good idea about your tastes, including the food you like to cook and eat. They own your photographs and videos, your e-mails and any files you sent.   Need I go on?

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Does Brave have support for extensions such as 1Password?

I just googled this

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017909112-How-can-I-add-extensions-to-Brave-

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

9 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am using it now, and yes it does. The thing I find funny is that it directed me to the chrome store...

Is Brave built on the biggest piece of spyware ever?  Aka, Google Chrome?

Brave is based on the Chromium web browser.  

Yep Brave is a good choice on desktop, laptop or phone.  

Firefox is stepping up to keep your privacy yours too.  So Brave if you need the chromium base and Firefox if you don't. 

Startpage gives google's pure unfiltered search results with no tracking to you.  Otherwise look at duckduckgo or gibiru.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

How is that different?

Brave is better for speed, security and privacy.  It's up to you whether it's worth your time to evaluate it.

Chromium based "security" browsers take the base code and attempt to strip out the more egregious parts.  Usually this results in a delay after every new version is released.  On top of that many add WebRTC and bitcoin/cpu mining blockers to name just two.  It can be an exercise in patience when they break certain sites or fail to let you access email accts that are currently doing the types of things they try to subvert.  In short, they normally can do little beyond flushing out stuff (history, cache, downloads, still running processes) you could easily do away with anyways.

Edit:  Netflix/Amazon Prime absolutely refuse to use most of the Chromium browsers for video playback.  If that is a deal killer you end up installing one of the usual suspects to watch something.