gstew

The EtherREGEN thread for various cable and power experiences and experiments

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, MarkS said:

I’m thinking really hard about the Musec Ref 10 clock and look forward to hearing from anyone with one connected to the ER. 

Just a 2c fwiw

It's poss that the ER raises brightness depending on which cable or whether optic follows it.

Also ...

I found WC from my Dangerous Convert-2 instead of RedNet D16 AES internal (i.e. better clock) had similar effect even if prat, space and thud improved. So I turned it off.

Better clocking after the ER may brighten in unwanted ways.

Offsets may re-balance but you have to ask what's going on with the ER.

The ER is a strange animal but, tweaked, my system is more listenable than ever.

Disclaimer! I have not in the past, I do not now, and I am not likely ever to stream music from the internet.

System: here

1 hour ago, LewinskiH01 said:

Thank you. Indeed, it's mayhem. My sister lives in Beijing and fled 4 weeks ago with the kids. No fun.

From reading around, I'm understanding the JSSG360 boils down to a metal mesh throughout the length of the cable with a thin cable running along and connected at both ends to the mesh. A long Faraday cage with a connective link to allow any potential differential to flow from one end to the other. Am I understanding it right? So a DIY JSSG360 treatment is fairly easy to try on any std CAT6 or 7 and hear if it makes any difference vs a plain version. Fun to test while I wait for my eR to be shipped end of next week or so.

Looking forward to your experience with the Ghent!

I'm on a learning curve myself with JSSG - about to build DC cables for an SR7. The DC Cables thread [https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/31554-diy-dc-power-cables/] is excellent. I only post really to say that there is a "360" version of JSSG which I understand to involve the replacement of the outer wire with a further braid/mesh (credit @lmitche if I'm not mistaken). On the DC thread there are great soldering tips (sic) courtesy @Middy if you are not already a dab hand. Of course JSSG can be used for ethernet cables whether the plugs are DIY or unmolested (in which case a lot trickier).

Disclaimer! I have not in the past, I do not now, and I am not likely ever to stream music from the internet.

3 minutes ago, mourip said:

I will try it again when my ER arrives, hopefully in a week or so.

Can't wait for your listening impressions.

I knew ER was sig. immediately but could hear "cooking" improvements over 2-300 hrs.

Cable swaps esp. audible *post*'-ER.

39 minutes ago, mourip said:

Got my shipping notice today!

eeek!