IGNORED

PS Audio - remove dealer model?

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

PS Audio has great customer support so why pay the dealers to pass along a telephone number to the customer while making ~40 points. 

My point, though possibly not clearly stated, is that consumer prices should drop considerably PS Audio is going “factory direct.” Maybe we are saying the same thing in different ways. 

PS Audio has been offering "factory direct" sales in the US for years. This makes sense on the local market with a generous home loan and trade in program. Overseas is very different though where partners are needed to offer auditions, home loans, trade ins, financing options, service and support etc.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se (representing PS Audio in Sweden/Scandinavia)

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

1 hour ago, Doak said:

My point, though possibly not clearly stated, is that consumer prices should drop considerably PS Audio is going “factory direct.” Maybe we are saying the same thing in different ways. 

I already posted that above. It is usual for direct prices to be less; taking the mick if they don't drop them.

16 hours ago, ddetaey said:

The only reason why they would go direct is to improve the bottom end, i.e. Improve margin.

There will definitely no (significant) price drop

Just my opinion

Dirk

They stated in that thread that one of the reasons is dealers undercutting them on price in a big way. That means the margins are large and they didn't impose any price discipline on dealers they contracted with.

I can't see any reason to go factory direct (they already sell from the website if you don't have a dealer nearby) unless they are going to lower consumer prices. An all direct model should definitely allow them to reduce prices and also increase margin. Financial and other support of a dealer network is expensive . PSA is claiming the costs of going direct eat up all that's saved by ending the dealer network. I don't buy it. 

One thing I will give them: if they continue giving very generous trade in prices when you buy a new item, that would make the model more consumer friendly. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)