IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Adding the Cisco switch between my router and microRendu did improve the sound quality, to my surprise. I was just hoping it wouldn't degrade the sound quality since I wanted an extra port. The switch being fed by a JS-2. Overkill, but it was nearby and one of its outputs was unused.

Not overkill. I tested a FMC with a seperate LPS-1, and the SQ got better than with an Y-split between the MicroRendu and the FMC. (Had 2 LPS-1).

Using good power on your switch, may be the main reason for what you hear.

You may also try adding an EMO EN-70HD.

Not overkill. I tested a FMC with a seperate LPS-1, and the SQ got better than with an Y-split between the MicroRendu and the FMC. (Had 2 LPS-1).

Using good power on your switch, may be the main reason for what you hear.

You may also try adding an EMO EN-70HD.

I was thinking of trying an EMO EN-70HD. I was thinking that this would be a simpler way of increasing ethernet isolation than optical ethernet. However I just sold my DAC yesterday and my Ayre QX-5 won't be delivered for a month or two so experiments will have to wait.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

+1

I am amazed at how good this sounds (LPS-1 powering microRendu and another LPS-1 powering downstream FMC).

Yes, the secret to good sound goes through good power. The LPS-1 make a very huge difference wherever you place it. I also tested the LPS-1 on a Squeezebox Touch. Unbelievable uplift in SQ.

Much more than just adding the MicroRendu with an iFi power.

I was thinking of trying an EMO EN-70HD. I was thinking that this would be a simpler way of increasing ethernet isolation than optical ethernet. However I just sold my DAC yesterday and my Ayre QX-5 won't be delivered for a month or two so experiments will have to wait.

I have the EN-70HD, and next weekend, I will borrow my friends LPS-1 for testing if the investment of a EN-70HD can leave out the investment a second a LPS-1 powering my FMC.

I probably also do some other tests. Among them compare Qnap vs SonicTransporter. (Unfortunately not with internal storage).

I will be using Blue Jeans cat 6 cables.

I'm planning to post the results in the LPS-1 thread, or maybe even make one or several new threads. There are so many variables, so I need to think a bit how to do and how many tests to do.

Not to mention music to choose.

Hi Jesus,

I am having a problem updating my microRendu. It is stopping after 1 of 3 and not continuing. I have powered it down and rebooted twice but it still stops at 1 of 3. This is new behavior. I have not had this problem before. My sonicTransporter updated without a problem today. It did all the updates and I got the final completion message and rebooted it without issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Congrats on the awards and happy holidays!

Hi Jesus,

I am having a problem updating my microRendu. It is stopping after 1 of 3 and not continuing. I have powered it down and rebooted twice but it still stops at 1 of 3. This is new behavior. I have not had this problem before. My sonicTransporter updated without a problem today. It did all the updates and I got the final completion message and rebooted it without issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

I don't know if this helps but I thought I would have you look at it and make sure all is well here.

DAC description: Bel Canto uLinkUSB Audio 2.0 2646:0002

Diagnostic information for this DAC

Bel Canto uLink Bel Canto uLinkUSB Audio 2.0 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface = 1

Altset = 1

Packet Size = 63

Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x5.8330)

Feedback Format = 16.16

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S32_LE

Channels: 2

Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000

Data packet interval: 125 usaccess: RW_INTERLEAVED

format: S32_LE

subformat: STD

channels: 2

rate: 44100 (44100/1)

period_size: 441

buffer_size: 1764Simple mixer control 'Bel Canto uLinkClock Selector Playback Swit',0

Capabilities: pswitch

Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right

Mono:

Front Left: Playback [on]

Front Right: Playback [on]

Simple mixer control 'Bel Canto uLinkClock Selector Playback Swit',1

Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined

Playback channels: Mono

Mono: Playback [on]

Simple mixer control 'Bel Canto uLinkClock Selector Playback Volu',0

Capabilities: volume

Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right

Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right

Limits: 0 - 127

Front Left: 127 [100%]

Front Right: 127 [100%]

Simple mixer control 'Bel Canto uLinkClock Selector Playback Volu',1

Capabilities: volume volume-joined

Playback channels: Mono

Capture channels: Mono

Limits: 0 - 127

Mono: 127 [100%]

logo.png

Copyright © 2008 - 2016 Small Green Computer, LLC. All rights reserved.

Hi Jesus,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi,

Just tried it again and this time it did all three but on the back to main menu link it hung up and I had to power down and reboot to regain control. I have also had problems with the reboot link where it has to powered down and rebooted.

Bob

Hi,

Just tried it again and this time it did all three but on the back to main menu link it hung up and I had to power down and reboot to regain control. I have also had problems with the reboot link where it has to powered down and rebooted.

Bob

The most I have seen is the you have to press the Back to Main Menu link twice.

The most I have seen is the you have to press the Back to Main Menu link twice.

Thanks, The problem was my LPS-1. Under any heavy operation like updating or rebooting, the red light would blink indicating a temporary power loss and of course the microRendu would then freeze. When I went back to my CIAudio 9V linear supply everything works fine. I will let Alex know.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks, The problem was my LPS-1. Under any heavy operation like updating or rebooting, the red light would blink indicating a temporary power loss and of course the microRendu would then freeze. When I went back to my CIAudio 9V linear supply everything works fine. I will let Alex know.

For others reading this:

To be clear, the issue is not the LPS-1 per se. It appears that the 3rd-party "energizing"/charging supply Bob chose--to feed the LPS-1--was not up to the task. For more detailed information on the matter, please refer to this post.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-troubleshooting-system-grounding-etc-30196/index3.html#post612723

Thanks,

--Alex C.

For others reading this:

To be clear, the issue is not the LPS-1 per se. It appears that the 3rd-party "energizing"/charging supply Bob chose--to feed the LPS-1--was not up to the task. For more detailed information on the matter, please refer to this post.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-troubleshooting-system-grounding-etc-30196/index3.html#post612723

Thanks,

--Alex C.

Sorry Alex,

I should have been more clear in my post here that the problem was not the LPS-1 per se but in the CIAudio Linear 9V/2A supply that I was using as a charger. I don't think that I was fully aware of that when I posted here in response to Jesus but I should have come back here and updated but did not think of it.

Sorry for any confusion.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried searching for an answer to what is probably a simple issue, but I'm just not seeing it.

I'm running JRiver M. C. 22 on a CAPS server. That computer is connected to a FIOS router, as is the microRendu.

I can see the rendu as a playing zone in JRiver, but I cannot get any sound. I tried to add the rendu as a DNLA server in the Options/Media Network/Add or configure DNLA servers tab, but the rendu does not show up. I have configured the rendu as a DNLA server on the website. I have rebooted both the rendu and the computer.

I'm probably missing something simple, as I am not a network expert, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Got my MicroRendu today. Thanks Jesus for getting the product to me quickly.

Hardware configuration - Airport Express (configured in client mode connected wirelessly to my network) --> MicroRendu --> Belcanto REF LINK. Roon core was installed on a 2015 MacBook Pro and the MicroRendu configured RoonReady. I am also using the Roon IPad app for control. The MicroRendu is being powered by the Uptone Audio LPS1 (fabulous product). As far as cables, using Best Buy generic CAT6 and an Audience USB cable which I had from before. Connection, downloading software and set-up took about an hour. I could not have done it without all the information I learned from this thread.

This set-up replaced an Audirvana / Audioquest Jitterbug / Audience USB cable / REGEN powered by the LPS1. How does it sound? Cold, really impressive. I will give it a week before I make any firm conclusions. I will install HQPlayer then.

Thanks to all.

Savjam

This set-up - Roon, MicroRendu powered by the LPS1 is without question is better than than the previous. More coherent, spacious, and smoother sound, more natural tone, more detail - e.g., texture in voices, instruments, more articulate bass, background sounds and singers are more easily heard - all presented in a natural way. All my recordings sound better. I love the Roon!!! The combination of Roon, the MicroRendu and the Uptone Audio LPS1 at $1160 is a very small price to pay for this overall level of improvement and experience. I and many have spent much more for less overall improvement. Like Blake et all, any fears I had about using the airport express wirelessly were unfounded. I am now in the early stages of experimenting with HQPlayer integrated with Roon.

Small price, OK. Then buy a second LPS-1, and add a FMC ( Two of cause). You most likely will achieve even better sound. If not, I think Superdad has a very good return policy.

Enjoy, and happy new year.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Happy new year to you as well.

I am willing to try this. Which FMCs do you recommend?

Any. Almost. TP link is quite common. Find a reasonable priced one, and buy 100mB, as 1 GB demands more power and possible more noisy.

Also you can order Blue Jeans Cables in cat 6.

Any if you like to take it further, you can purchase SonicTransporter for your Roon.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Thanks R1200CL.

One LPS-1 now driving mRendu and TP-Link MC110CS fmc quite happily. Nice bump up in SQ compared to same fmc driven by iFi iPower. I'm sure a second LPS-1 would bump it up even more but I have other priorities for my money at the moment.

The LPS-1 did also manage the double act with the MC210CS Gigabit fmc I first had but it did run very hot. Now less hot, but still warm+.

Not sure if down-grading my Netgear GS105 switch (iFi iPower 12V) to 10/100 FS105 further up stream will bring any audible improvements.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

I'm running Tidal through Roon into my microRendu then into my Ayre Codex just fine (PC, not Mac computer). What's the right setup to run Tidal all by itself? Which microRendu app do I run, and what are the settings for Tidal? Any special settings on my PC? I want to see if I can stream Tidal's MASTERS tracks.

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find the info in this forum

ARC Ref 5SE, ARC Ref Phono 2, Ayre MX-R Twenty monoblocks, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Concerto, BAT VK- D5SE, Vandersteen 5a, Ayre Codex, Senore microRendu with HD-Plex Linear power supply