IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Hi there, a newbie question. I'm looking to move to a Roon system and use a Sonicorbiter SE to connect my MacMini via ethernet to my DAC. It's currently running Audirvana directly connected via USB - happy with that but wanting to go to Roob for the "experience" and metadata.

Here's the problem / question. My DAC (Meridian Director) takes its power via USB (there's no other option). Will the SE also supply power or do I have a problem with only one input (I don't want to use the optical input because of its limitations for high res files)??

Thanks very much

Best regards

Andrew

You can power the DAC from the Sonicorbiter SE and the microRendu.

This might be what Jesus is talking about: Singxer F-1 XMOS XU208 USB Digital Interface 384K Coaxial I2S DSD256 With case | eBay.

It's GREAT.

When used with the microRendu powered by a good power supply (UpTone LPS-1, in this case), I prefer it to the Berkeley Alpha USB and one of Singxer's other converters (the SU-1).

Thanks for putting me in that direction. Does there exist 2 versions of the F-1 ?

I've noticed some state upgraded version on eBay.

Very interesting you prefer the F-1 over the SU-1. Maybe that power add noice ?

I have MicroRendu and LPS-1 :)

Thanks for putting me in that direction. Does there exist 2 versions of the F-1 ?

I've noticed some state upgraded version on eBay.

Very interesting you prefer the F-1 over the SU-1. Maybe that power add noice ?

I have MicroRendu and LPS-1 :)

I have a microRendu and LPS-1 too.

As far as I know, there's only one version of the F-1 (although you can buy it with or without a case). The reference to upgraded version might have to do with a firmware update. But some of the sellers have been using the "upgraded version" language in their listing for many months (at least), so I wouldn't assume that one you buy without the "upgraded version" language has older firmware or anything...

I do prefer the F-1 over the SU-1, although the SU-1 is very good. I think you're right when you say it could be due to a difference in power supplies. Here's what I wrote to someone who asked me about the F-1 vs. SU-1 via PM:

I have both converters and A/B'd them. When used with a microRendu powered by the new Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply, the F-1 was a tad sweeter, had better bass, was more 3D or holographic (like a good Amperex tube would be), and had better stereo separation. Also, the great PRAT imparted by the LPS-1 (which wasn't there to the same degree before upgrading to the LPS-1) disappeared somewhat when going to the SU-1 from the F-1.

My theory is that if you're using a great power supply, the F-1 is working with better power (in this case from the microRendu powered by the LPS-1) than the SU-1 with its built in supply. In case you're wondering, I have a very nice power cable attached to the SU-1.

Besides me, the head-fi guy who is on the cutting edge of this stuff (rb2013) also preferred the F-1 over the SU-1. See the first comment after the SU-1 review at http://www.head-fi.org/products/sing.../reviews/16649.

I'm a little confused regarding the MicroRendu, as I see the MicroRendu plugs into the dac however how does a source plug into the MicroRendu? I'm looking at something like the microjukebox or the big sonic transporter , I guess my question is how does your music from one of those music sources get to the MicroRendu and your dac?

Via ethernet: you connect the mR and source (microjukebox, sonic transporter) to a router.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my microrendu and HDPlex. I'm running Foobar and choose the UPNP output to my microrendu, but when I push play, all I get is white noise. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using a Schiit Bifrost Multibit with the microrendu.

Are you trying to stream PCM or DSD?

There should be a streaming configuration that changes the streaming format type. Whatever it's set to pick something else.

Ok, so when I changed the output format in foobar to 16-bit from 24-bit, it works. However, I have several 24-bit files as well. Does this mean my 24-bit files are being re-sampled?

That is the content format and not the streaming format. Keep looking..

Found it. Do I want to use LPCM or WAV? Under "Decoding to PCM" should I always/never decode to WAV/PCM?

Even after I set the samplerate range from 44100 to 192000 and max bit depth to 24 under the Renderer Capabilities, I still get white noise unless I set the output format to 16 bit.

Found it. Do I want to use LPCM or WAV? Under "Decoding to PCM" should I always/never decode to WAV/PCM?

Even after I set the samplerate range from 44100 to 192000 and max bit depth to 24 under the Renderer Capabilities, I still get white noise unless I set the output format to 16 bit.

Which ever one works:) Set to always.

I just reconnected my DAC (Schiit Bifrost Multibit) directly to my PC with an external USB hub and do not detect any difference between the direct connection and the microrendu. I'm pretty disappointed that I don't hear any difference considering all of the high praise that this unit has received with regards to sound quality.

I'm running the microrendu on a HD-Plex 9V with Shunyata Alpha HC. The rest of my system is:

Aesthetix Calypso Signature preamp

Sanders Magtech amp

Magnepan 3.7i

Groneberg TS Premium speaker cables and interconnect between pre amp and amp

Groneberg Quattro Reference interconnect between source and pre

Groneberg Quattro Reference power cables for everything else (soon to be Cerious Technologies GE Blue for the Sanders Magtech amp)

dual Rythmik F12g

dedicated 20 amp circuit to cryo'ed Hubbells (soon to try Furutech GTX-D Rhodium)

foobar with wasapi out (event)

oyaide neo d+ USB cable from Schiit Bifrost Multibit to USB hub connected directly to PC, which is on a separate circuit