IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

On 2/22/2023 at 4:38 PM, MarquisChaCha said:

Wolf Audio Luna. 

I want IIS out from the endpoint to a Wyred 4 Sound 10th Anniversary dac. 

Thanks, 

Too bad you could not install under Mac (or windows?). Did you try to boot from USB first? That should work without installing.

Wolf Audio Luna i3, 5 or 7? Any will function as a server and player with Euphony. But only USB out. Honestly at that price point one would expect all outputs including i2s (its HDMI 2.0 is not compatible?).

You could add a DDC (e.g. Douk Audio U2 PRO, Singxer, Denafrips Iris) to have i2s out.

Wolf Audio Luna should work with any endpoint PC (like your Mac) in dual setup like any NUC or i3, 5 or 7. But you will need an extra Euphony Endpoint license. 

Plenty of information to find at this thread and elsewhere on AS and specifically about dual setup here: https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/euphony-audio-summus/

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.

Well, I could install, but registration would fail. In hindsight, it was a wifi issue.

I got the i5 Luna used, so it was decidedly cheaper. I kinda stumbled into getting this set-up, so it's quite the learning curve, which is enjoyable, but I fear I'm one misplaced install from bricking the whole kit and kaboodle.

The Mercury V2 looks like the closest p&p type of a solution to install an endpoint with I2S out. But, I don't know if an endpoint is added complexity and I'll get as much joy out of just adding Wolf Audio's Flux Capacitor USB card. Or an NUC with a Pink Faun I2S bridge.

Were it not for that PF article you linked to, I wouldn't have asked anything about endpoints in the first place. But, was it the endpoint making the difference, or the Plixir? 

I think the best course of action is to carry on reading, and learning, and experimenting within my means. I'm going to feel less nauseous bricking an old iMac than I am spending $5K on an endpoint / power supply combo that is only marginally better. 

:)

51 minutes ago, MarquisChaCha said:

Thanks for the response.

Well, I could install, but registration would fail. In hindsight, it was a wifi issue.

I got the i5 Luna used, so it was decidedly cheaper. I kinda stumbled into getting this set-up, so it's quite the learning curve, which is enjoyable, but I fear I'm one misplaced install from bricking the whole kit and kaboodle.

The Mercury V2 looks like the closest p&p type of a solution to install an endpoint with I2S out. But, I don't know if an endpoint is added complexity and I'll get as much joy out of just adding Wolf Audio's Flux Capacitor USB card. Or an NUC with a Pink Faun I2S bridge.

Were it not for that PF article you linked to, I wouldn't have asked anything about endpoints in the first place. But, was it the endpoint making the difference, or the Plixir? 

I think the best course of action is to carry on reading, and learning, and experimenting within my means. I'm going to feel less nauseous bricking an old iMac than I am spending $5K on an endpoint / power supply combo that is only marginally better. 

Great to be open minded and patient ;-). I heard myself that having a server /player as two separate entities gives some advantage for less $$. For the server use the more powerful unit, the player could (should I would say) be a low power unit (and using Euphony as Endpoint). But both functions can be also combined in the same Euphony machine as most here do. If you have two machines you can try and hear for yourself. If Euphony had the best results with one machine they would not have come up with the dual machine Summus server - Summus Endpoint setup, I would think, but I did not hear it myself.

Indeed good power supplies (and good dc cables) will increase sound quality. Euphony can be a bit fussy establishing the internet connection during install, a few reboots might help, just keep trying. If you are in trial version not everything will work (like install, NAS access etc.)

You have a lot to read here, you came to the right place.

51 minutes ago, MarquisChaCha said:

Thanks for the response.

'''

An endpoint allows you to use an electrically quieter device to get better USB audio performance.  I'm sure that its possible

to get good USB out results with a single box server but those solutions are an order of magnitude greater expense than a

NUC server + endpoint device (Zen Stream, UP Atom PC, etc). The combination of Stylus/HQPe server + NAA endpoint

is pretty compelling but if you are preferring DSD, DDC's attached to an endpoint can give you headaches

getting DSD output to work, better to use direct attached DAC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

New euphony image is available for download and installation - release: 20230228

Didn't think it would be me in 2023 announcing this but I am still a user (subscriber I should say) so here we are. It installed flawless (2-3 min.) in dual setup Stylus V4 - Endpont V3 while a buffered track continued playing ;-)

Now play & relax!

image_2023-02-28_164218526.png

image_2023-02-28_165356793.png

Hi

I have been running beta 20230207.

I’ve been meaning to ask this question for sometime.

When I am playing my own downloaded songs, I have not seen the dialog box that says # songs have been loaded into ram. Are others still seeing this box? When I set up the beta did I possibly not choose the right option to load songs into ram?
When I load an album from  Qobuz, I get the dialog box that says: buffering from Web, please wait until the whole song is down loaded. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Anyone who has updated to the latest Euphony version please check Qobuz if you subscribe. It is broken for me and  @Exocer as well.

I had an Open ticket so it been added to it.

Might be to do with time of the album list refresh as Qobuz is running pretty slow and Euphony times out. At default Euphony allows only 3 seconds for the refresh. 

On 2/25/2023 at 3:34 AM, MarquisChaCha said:

Thanks, chaps.

The UP Squared looks like it'll do the trick. Would you go with the Atom over the Pentium? 

It requires little CPU power for an endpoint. However 4 GB RAM isn’t enough for loading Stylus to RAM, for long high res opera tracks or for PGGB upsampled files in WAV format.. get 8GB if these matter

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Restart worked here too. 
qobus favoritter loaded fine. 

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

On 2/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, di-fi said:

New euphony image is available for download and installation - release: 20230228

Didn't think it would be me in 2023 announcing this but I am still a user (subscriber I should say) so here we are. It installed flawless (2-3 min.) in dual setup Stylus V4 - Endpont V3 while a buffered track continued playing ;-)

Now play & relax!

image_2023-02-28_164218526.png

Only for Euphony V3 license holders (anyone?) : interestingly, an update was offered for V3 as well.

I did not try it but it now has an 'Upgrade to V4' button (which very likely is the only change). I kept a V3 previous release backup in case the latest 2023 version suddenly 'expires' ;-)

image_2023-03-02_100808545.png

Thank you
I have that checked. I used to get a dialog box when I loaded an album from my library, which said that the number of songs in the album had been loaded to ram. I no longer see that dialog box. Do you still get that dialogue box?

I used to get it before I loaded the beta. Now I just loaded the last stable release and I still do not see it.

In the playback screen at the top of the tracks, there is a small RAM icon. If you click it, tracks will load into RAM and at the end of the loading a pop up will indicate complete and remaining Ram available.

The above 'buffer songs into ram' only applies to current and next track, presumably for gapless playback and reduced LAN activity during the track playback. For gapless you also have to turn that on in the MusicService/Output settings.

Interesting in the last few updates, I can load entire streaming albums into RAM... great for offline listening without LAN effects.