IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

4 hours ago, davide256 said:

I've been able to use v4 HQPe with Stylus Endpoint NAA running under v3 and v4. Under V4 you can no longer change HQP settings

within Euphony. On the Euphony server settings page with HQPe active, select the HQP colored icon to bring up the external HQP setting page with

the euphony/euphony credentials. I do see that this page won't launch from iPhone, I have to use Windows for access. Once there its just

normal HQP process for selecting NAA device and settings. I do note that there is some waffling whether Euphony server correctly updates

with external page changes, an application restart is sometimes needed and if in trial mode where HQPe times out after 30 minutes, you may need to do same

It seems that 609 has fixed this.  HQPe now shows up as an audio output in settings when HQPlayer Endpoint is running. Even on a Mac! ;-)

4 minutes ago, michaeltay5871 said:

Thanks for the reply. There seems to be no such field in system settings to change stable to beta.

Go to expert setting and you can select the "Update channel" to "Beta".

On 6/8/2022 at 6:28 PM, Speedy381 said:

I posted earlier re my findings on sound quality. An update now. 

I reverted to v3 and the bottom end was restored; a more visceral sound returned, with a very small loss of air and detail. However the voices were more palpable and emotive with v3. 

But, one cannot resist the latest thing, so I tried again. This time I installed to usb to enable updates. Once more, the bass lightened and the sound was not drawing me in, lacking emotion. I then enabled Ramroot, something that previously I had had mixed results with, but mostly had thinned the sound. So I was apprehensive re the effect this time. However, it gave something back and took nothing; a definite improvement. A few songs in, I tried the update channel,  from 603 (the newer beta I installed) to 608 and after a reboot it was once again improved. Nothing like the magnitude of change that ramroot gave, but a smoother sound. Whether it was a further reboot cleaning things up, or the beta being different I don't know. 

So, at present I am running the beta v4 from a SanDisk USB stick, as opposed to v3 from an Optane 16gb NVME m2 internally and much less concerned that for my system v4 was going the wrong way. Good ram and system disk go a long way in helping sound quality for me.

Current setup;

8gb Apacer ram in 10 series i7 NUC, 16gb Optane m2 nvme drive. Powered by Farad PS. USB external HD. Audioquest Coffee USB to Matrix Spdif2, linear MCRU powered. Audioquest Mocha I2S to PSAudio Directstream DAC with transformer upgrade. Ars Sonum Filarmonia integrated feeding Merlin VSMMe via Mbam module. All powered by Cardas Golden reference or Clear power cables from purepower 2000 mains regen unit.

Hi @Speedy381

I had a similar experience V3 vs V4. But V4 improved a lot after 2-3 days. Most probably because I used a brand new Sandisk USB stick and it needed some running-in. Now running V4 without ramroot and its sounding great.

4 hours ago, novtom said:

I have change to Stylus + HQPe, but see this warning, when I play mp3 (only audiobooks, no music 😏). Where should I chage it? In HQPe  settings I can't find anything. Thanks

727AE693-EB22-425C-98D3-A592086416B9.jpeg

HQP does not support mp3 format - with prejudice  :-). 
I believe the second part of the message is wrong - there is no such option in Euphony v4.

Thanks for reply, important for me is, that it is not my problem, but probably version of HQpe. I will play it only on Stylus mode, one click more is ok.

Short experience from last two days (after update to 609): I have changed from Roon + HQpe to Stylus + HQpe and have to say, there si a big difference in the sound quality, it is more airy, musical. Roon makes sound degradation. It is a pitty, because Roon database and application is very user friendly, but I prefer sound quality

MP3's also don't work for me in a dual PC Stylus -> HQP setup. But I had a problem yesterday that I couldn't get a 24/48 hi-res wav file playing. All FLAC's ok. Didn't really have time to investigate further what could be wrong, so did not submit any ticket for that yet. And at the end I can just convert everything to FLAC, so no big deal. But there was an option in v3 to convert all non-DSD sources that I did not really try in the past and I can't find that option in v4 anymore.

609 update allowed me to turn NUC off with power switch, which makes life easier in event of system hang/ mumble mode.

Not having any success with UPNP between Stylus server and Stylus endpoint as UPNP, other UPNP devices are recognized but not

the UPNP optioned Stylus endpoint. Anyone else got this working?

v4 is really a treat, equal to a component upgrade. I just hope we can get the change transitions cleaned up as v4's weakest point is when something is changed in a

server + endpoint configuration, often have to restart app at one end or another to get playback functioning.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I can't get the v4 to work, I also tried to restart the app (if to restart the app you intend to restart Stylus) but nothing: the dac output is present, I push play apparently it seems to start and everything is ok but not the cursor advances and the music does not start. Thank you

I see from your profile some of you are using the Euphony Summus server , I am interested in hearing you thoughts on this . I have only ever used the Innuos and want to use PGGB which can not be used on a Innuos . Not a lot of reviews on this that I can find , has most of what I need , add my own SSD , the software will playback PGGB , silent in use , software updates and add my own external power supply . I only ever play back music files from stored files on the server no interest in doing any other thing with a server .

5 hours ago, BCRich said:

I noticed a couple of things on my end:

1. I’m using a Signature Rendu; HQP upon first use was defaulting to ALSA, so I had no sound.

2. I had to make sure to do a complete installation, then enable Ramroot.

3. I changed the version of HQPe to the latest that is available.

4. I was able to re-install my license key for HQPe.

5. Make sure the volume didn’t default to muted.

Hope this helps…

Mike

edit: I also had a lot of issues using Balena Etcher to burn the image; Zeljko suggested I use Rufus.

Thanks for the tips. I was able to get HQPlayer working in the end.