IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

9 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

For the remote, have you tried, removing it from your iPhone... push 2 seconds on it, the option with an X will appear. X it. Hard stop your iphone just for be sure... Close Audirvana on Mac. Open iPhone, Download remote again from Apple Store. Open Audirvana on Mac. Click Remote for opening on iPhone... put the code asked. Remote is not perfect, just need to show Year option for album somewhere... :)  but never had problem with it playing my music since begining...

Thanks for your suggestions, I do appreciate it. Yes, I tried reinstalling it previously. I had issue with it not connecting and me having to re-enter the code every time... Then I deleted that preferences file from Library folder and that solved the problem. But, my second main problem persisted - no skip-to alphabetical bar appeared where the big error points (see my pic). This bar to me is too important to not have because of my   catalogue browsing habits and without it I would need to scroll down endlessly just to get from classical to rock section of the library.  Are you saying that you have that bar on your remote when connected to 3.5?

fullsizeoutput_907.JPG.f734f81b77eafd57e7172175e687157d.JPG

My 3rd gripe is (see the thin arrows) the freeze associated with fast scrolling and the app's inability to refresh the screen properly. Again, I'm sure this will get fixed in due course but I need it now. 

The great thing about all this is that v3.2.6 is sonically excellent (for me) and visually not too bad at all. So I feel no compulsion to 'upgrade'. Luckily, I don't upsample (anymore) so that whole aspect doesn't affect me. 

p.s. I'm surprised so few comparisons of the two verisons' sonic merits have so far been posted. IMO the differences are clearly there! 

Put 2 fingers and shrink the covers by the center like for a picture on iphone to see 4 covers by row to see if bar come back... it is there for sure

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Many people love the new sound, i too, really better in the bass part to my hearing, don’t want to go back 😀

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

you know you could drag the columns too each field to fill your screen like mine... also right click on title field to get more choice... you can drag the fields to invert them like you want... also check your sorting option in the preferences, here is mine

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

look also to the right corner screen 'Filter' click it and see or trash it to return to covers in rows. This is my window when opening Audirvana, not by genre...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Forgot to write when in cover view, you can do cmd + or - to shrink covers or bigger them like you want :)

1 hour ago, S.Magus said:

Well, what can I say, you solved my problem! I'm using Screen Sharing on my macbook and I didn't know that left column even existed...

...:It only shows how inexperienced I am with the desktop app which I only use when working on the library, sorting out metadata etc. So that's that sorted. Thanks. 🙂 

Inexperience has nothing to do with it.

I just recreated the problem you were having (the pushed left screen) while in Screen Sharing and it was not easy getting it back. Nor was it at all clear that the slide back even existed. And I knew it should be there. I kept increasing and decreasing the size of the Screen Share, not the left screen of Audirvana.

Finally, I had to put my Screen Share in full screen and then was able to slide it back.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

7 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Put 2 fingers and shrink the covers by the center like for a picture on iphone to see 4 covers by row to see if bar come back... it is there for sure

Tried it and didn't work 😞 But look at the same app connected to 3.2 below. It seems like a minor niggle but it's actually a crucial part of a remote control without which a simple browsing exercise becomes a chore.

IMG_0861.thumb.PNG.eeb24294fd645558a38824b86d36f429.PNG

IMG_0862.thumb.PNG.d6a10ea8c318c52afa443f0004d57fd3.PNG

what happen if you select Artists instead of Albums... do you see the letters bar ?

Mine...

Maybe you will have to see when new Remote version is release soon  :)

IMG_0194.PNG

IMG_0195.PNG

7 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

you know you could drag the columns too each field to fill your screen like mine... also right click on title field to get more choice... you can drag the fields to invert them like you want... also check your sorting option in the preferences, here is mine

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I admit to slightly preferring this version to 3.2 in every way except sonically. Not that I regard it worse sounding, it's just that a small amount of hiss comes through on it and cymbals do sound a bit too sharp for my liking, in my set up. To mitigate that at one point I went from mode 1 to 2 which did indeed fix the 'issue' but also removed with it every other perceived benefit of 3.5. Strangely, despite the top end extension I didn't experience wider sound stage - on the contrary, it sligtly contracted. The truth is, I could probably live with either version, sonically, but I prefer the older one. (Don't ask why but 3.5 somehow strikes me as a bit more polished sounding which isn't necessarily a bad thing, of course. I don't quite rule out a possibility of coming back to it for a second try in the near future).

6 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Thanks for posting that. I don't have a FB account and never will.

Sometimes companies forget that there are people that feel FB is an unnecessary part of life.

Since you cant read it, maybe you can translate it :)

La Remote Audirvana a été complètement remaniée et vous apporte de nouvelles fonctionnalités.

L'application Android entre dans la phase bêta d'ici la fin de la semaine prochaine et sera disponible peu de temps après. La version iOS mise à jour est aussi en développement et sera annoncée bientôt.

It is not an easy job being a dev as all the bugs people have like these, really strange. Have tried uninstalled it yourself and put it back?

49 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

It is not an easy job being a dev as all the bugs people have like these, really strange. Have tried uninstalled it yourself and put it back?

No, it's not a problem with my data. It only started with 3.5, and I'm hoping it's part of a database improvement in A+ that needs  the new iOS app to catch up. It's related to titles starting with "The", "A", and "An"... It's looking at both the Album Title field and the Sort as field, and giving us letters for both.

Trouble is, it confuses itself: when you click on T to get to Tchaikovsky, for instance, it only goes to The Banks of Green Willow - in the B's. 

Been having a lot of fun with Audirvana, running super smoothly.

Aside from some library issues, (which I won't get into since I dont have a large library, so I can easily overcome it)

The only thing that kind of bugs me is when I go "miniviewer" mode, the upper right button that will make the album cover full screen, two problems

1) it doesn't seem to remember if its full screen size or not, always have to make it full screen each time I change tracks

2) very hard to get the stop, play, track button and slider to appear and dissapear. often times when i go to move the track forward, the bar dissapears. if i move the mouse down to the bottom it reappears, but then dissapears before i get to the track bar. then other times, its hard to make it dissapear, and view the album cover. i have to move the mouse all over the screen until i hit a spot that makes it dissapear.

anyone have this experience or can reproduce this issue?

thanks

Hi, many times it happens to me that Audirvana pauses by itself at the end of the track at about 8-9 seconds and I have to manually go to the next track, does it happen to you too? I have the latest version.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

1 hour ago, Giacomino said:

Hi, many times it happens to me that Audirvana pauses by itself at the end of the track at about 8-9 seconds and I have to manually go to the next track, does it happen to you too? I have the latest version.

I have seen this issue with my work setup which plays music 24/7 in which a track from select albums - repeatable time and time again to be the same set of albums only when there is no interaction with the player.  As soon as I go back/forward, etc. and play the same track it plays through fully and continues to whatever is next in the play queue until it comes across the next song of the next album with the similar issue.  Not repeatable as yet on my home (primary setup).

9 hours ago, Giacomino said:

Too much open on your desktop for the amount of System RAM.  Close the other programs.  May take a reboot to clear the memory.  This has worked for me