IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

>How long did you wait?

>I ordered mine thru vintageking a month ago, nothing so far...

Vintage King had quite many converters on order since the summer and received some of them but not all yet. The next shipment is going to them this week so hopefully these who ordered from VK will be seeing their units sometimes next week.

best Regards, Michal, Mytek New York

Hello Jurgen

I have emailed you today to identify the problem after receiving your request yesterday on Sunday night. We'll assist you in remedying the situation. Fortunately, in case you needed any repairs, we have effective tech support office for the whole European Union in Warsaw. If any repairs are needed the turn around of just few days is possible, since there are no borders in EU. US support issues are handled by our office in Brooklyn and the rest of the world by respective distributors and dealers. I'm not sure how to explain what happened to your analog fader, it's the first such thing I hear about, but I will be happy to handle this and other individual tech support cases outside this list through direct email and telephone support.

Best Regards, Michal, Mytek New York

From VK.

Am less technically savvy than many/most CA members, so excuse this simple question: With a Mac Mini, how would I ever get SACD/DSD files ripped to my HD other than online downloads?

Checked Amazon and they still sell SACDs (though limited catalogue...how many copies of old Pink Floyd does one need to buy?...kinda tired/overplayed space pop, at least to this music aficionado). But, a Mac doesn't play/rip SACDs...I don't believe.

Tone with Soul

hard drive. They are then played back via Pure Music or Audirvana Plus (on a Mac), connected firewire or USB to the Mytek.

Here is the thread about ripping your SACD collection:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/SACD-ripping-using-your-PS3-part-2

OK...some kind of outdated game unit.

Seems kinda stupid, less than elegant way to get some DSD.

Never bought one for my kids...yes to notebooks for school and a home PC with a couple of games to attract them to the technology.

But a dedicated, time burning, mezmeratizing, distractingly addictive, money-sucking game unit...nope. Wanted them to graduate high school well-read, balanced academics, sports and arts...PS3 didn't fit the program. Two of three successes, one yet to go, and she reads books like a madwoman.

So, no one makes an SACD/Blue ray.... drive (whatever that is) that USBs into a Mac? Realize that this may be a "dah?" moment for some.

Tone with Soul

This endless thread is very useful for the software developers of Mytec Digital but still says nothing to the common audiophiles.

DSD over USB/FW is interesting problem but SACD rips are very, very narrow part of the PC audio (and the whole audio industry as well).

I'm interested in this product and I'm waiting for some more opinions/reviews on the sound. :)

JRMC+Fidelizer-->AudioQuest Cinnamon Firewire-->Weiss DAC202U-->Arcam P49-->PSB Synchrony One

With my own collection of a couple hundred SACD discs I have the DSD files. But lack the desire to find the correct PS3 and other gear to extract and convert to normal DSD.

Maybe there will be another hack and software in the future that will allow this easier.

George

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

Hi Ted,

Thanks! I finally got PM183d5 from ChannelD. But I can't play DFF file I extracted from PS3.

When I click on the DFF files, IOS will ask me which program to play. I guess "Pusic Music" is the one to go. And then in PM Audio Setup, I checked the DSD Streaming Device and enter Mytek_firewire which is the current output device name. Did I do something wrong? Should I just double click on the DFF files or do something else. Everytime I double clocked the DFF files PM will say "Laoding files to Menoy" and never play.

Would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks!

putdown of PM?? Dunno what that means really.

As far as Pure Music is concerned: You need to be in hog mode, pick the Mytek for DSD playback, and then drag DSDIFF files into Pure Music via its loading screen, which then takes them and makes bookmarks. If I were you I'd read the manual.

Hello

I'll be away from this Sun the20th for about 2 weeks with limited computer access and I won't be able to read this forum. Please send any urgent QQ directly to main Mytek email on our website- I will get them this way. Thank you, Michal, Mytek New York

Unfortunately there is very little to go on documented specification wise even if you look at the other 2 and 8 channel DACS in the Mytek range. The unbalanced out voltage is pretty healthy, as expeted in professional gear, you can tweak 0db in the DAC menu.

I must say I do prefer bypassing the analogue fader altogether and if I need to inject audio into say valve monoblocks I would probably use the volume control in the digital domain. You certainly have options with this DAC. Based on audio listening and as documented in other Mytek manuals the analog stage appears to be full range i.e 100kHz bandwidth but it would be good to get some measurements from Mytek.

There are some impedance references in the other mytek product manuals recommending 1-20kOhm for signal destination and 75Ohm for signal origination from the Mytek device. Have a poke around.

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

Cool, just found this comment in the PDF brochure:

- Choice of upsampling or not

but it also says:

Internal Async Hardware Upsampling- 16bit 44.1k etc. can be optionally upsampled prior to

conversion to 192k/24bit with clock jitter eliminated.

Is conversion to 192/24 not upsampling? I don't understand the difference.

I have been busy with work since I got mine almost 3 weeks ago.

Nothing to report as I got the mytek because it would hook up to my tascam via sdif3, but having problems syncing via SDIF3. It outputs static when decoding dsd and a horrible ultrasonic squeal when there is no stream input. The cats do not like it one bit. ( no pun intended )

Haven't had the timecan't be bothered to hook up any other way.

So far, not impressed.

Please don't tell me to upgrade the fw or whatever, I will get around to that when I have the time. Most likely after christmas.

Hi Espresso!

How you have the Tascam connected to the Mytek?

Two wires, or three?

I ask because I've read somewhere that the Tascam was succesfully used as a source to the Mytek. So - theoretically - it should work.

Cheers

Harald

(still building up my DSDIFF library for native playback, but due to harddrive shorting ..., this may take some time)

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

A very quick post to say that you should not (with all respect) judge the Mytek unless you have had it burned for a long time (I had mine play music for 10 days 24/24 hours) and make sure you have followed all advices from Pure Music support (great help from the support team), like memory available, Mac configuration etc .. I'll post details comments next week, but I can say so far that the price/value is outstanding.