IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Anyone gotten the 192 to work with the new USB Class 2 drivers in Windows 10?

I tried and it keeps telling me that the DAC is "incompatible" with any of the drivers. 

It's telling you the truth.  USB input 2 on the 192 isn't Class 2 compliant.  That's why it requires a driver on the Mac even though Mac OS has provided Class 2 support for years.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

2 hours ago, donald.w said:

anyone has issue connecting the mytek usb2.0 port to Sotm sms-200? I tried that last week with an old mytek192 (latest firmware updated), it could not detect the mytek. 

my windows pc works well with the same mytek though

The mytek 192 won't connect to Linux devices on it's own--your Linux device needs a custom driver.

The microRendu has a driver for the Mytek192, I guess the SMS-200 doesn't. You could askSOtM if they can add one.

The newer Myteks should work fine with the SMS-200, AFAIK.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

HI there,

I have a question regarding my good old mytek 192. I would like to hook it up with a new iMac instead of my old Mac mini and want to do this with a firewire cable. However, I cannot fully remember what firewire cable I would need. Is a 6-9 Firewire 800 cable suitable? (www.av-connection.dk/?PNo=LDY30768) As far as I recall, it had to be a 400/800 firewire cable? Also to connect it to the iMac I would need a thunderbolt to firewire connector. From what I have read on a Mac homepage it seems there is a problem connecting an iMac through the thunderbolt connector to firewire if it needs to talk with a 400 connector in the other end (like the mytek) and that a Moshi Firewire 800 Cable with Firewire 400 to 800 Adapter is also necessary. I was therefore wondering if anybody has the setup running I am trying to create?? Is it as complicated as it is beginning to look? And then my final questions: I would need to use a firewire cable 4,5 meters long - does that work with music at all? ----- I hope somebody has a good solution to all these questions! Thanks in advance!

I use the thunderbolt adaptor from apple to firewire 6 to 9 cable .. No issues

But I would not use such a long cable .. Thought about it myself but SQ is top priority for me 

So I use a MacBook air in screen mirroring mode as my remote control instead of a long cable .

Just me 2 c.

• 4 months later...

Yes, FW cable length is an issue.  

Long ones "work" as in you hear music, but sonically after a meter or so performance suffers.

Learned this the hard way, bought a Granite FW that was 4 meters and it sounded awful, cymbals and high frequency stuff sounding muffled and soundstage messed up. Glad that Granite gave me a refund and have been using Oyaide d+ after trying a shorter Granite and generics, better detail and more musical.  

FWIW, the DSD192 sounds best with FW (more relaxed presentation with deeper soundstage, is what I heard using a high end AQ USB cable versus the Oyaide FW) at least without one of the many USB cleaner gadgets that have proliferated since this units introduction.

I connect to a Mini with Screen Sharing as well.  With quad core 2012 Mini use HQPlayer and up convert all PCM files to DSD128, sounds pretty sweet. 

Tone with Soul

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice please. I have recently changed from a Logitech Touch to a standard 2011 Mac Mini. I've an external USB drive for the source material  and a Oyaide firewire connection to my Mytek DSD192. Using JRiver; It plays fine, but when playing DSD files I am encountering a hiccup about 4 seconds into the track which then carries on fine. Any recommendations to cure this.

The Mac Mini is running Mac Os 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.  Would recommend a later version ?,although I wouldn't want to go beyond  Yosemite as I believe USB2 is no longer supported

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, antonyb said:

Hi,

with the firewire (yes with usb) the dsd 128 do not work, use jriver.
What can I do?

On my Mytek Manhattan (I), JRiver has never seen the FireWire connection of my Mac as capable of anything above 64 for dsd.  Audirvana allows 128.  Perhaps you have the same JRMC issue?  

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

DSD128 works over firewire, but requires the "dual-wire" DoP mode. Maybe all players don't support this one. The Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC is the only DAC I have that actually uses this particular mode...

I'm personally using Stereo192-DSD DAC with my iMac (running Mojave) over Firewire at DSD128. I'm using Apple's Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter dongle and everything works perfectly fine. (this same Firewire DSD128 output works also on Linux)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 3 years later...
Hello there all, long time lurker here.

I'm considering snapping up a Mytek Stereo 192 DAC for my Windows XP SP3 machine as it has all the ins/outs I would need. No DSD use, just for 16-Bit WAV music playback via WinAmp.

I would preferrably connect via Firewire (have nice collection of FW cables).

Here's my issue:
Unfortunately Mytek's latest FW driver [v4.3.1.47542] seems to be not compatible with 32-Bit XP and I cannot find older FW driver versions from Mytek on the internet.

I've read that Weiss's DAC202 uses the same developer for their drivers as Mytek - is that correct?

Weiss still offers XP FW drivers [v4.1.4.18150] for their DAC202 on their support page:
www.weiss.ch/download/dac202

My questions:
a) Would it be possible to just use the Weiss XP drivers as alternative for connecting via Firewire?
b) Or has anybody some of the old Mytek XP FW drivers still on CD and could provide them?

Any help/advice appreciated :-)

On 6/26/2022 at 12:12 PM, b33rd said:

Hello there all, long time lurker here.

I'm considering snapping up a Mytek Stereo 192 DAC for my Windows XP SP3 machine as it has all the ins/outs I would need. No DSD use, just for 16-Bit WAV music playback via WinAmp.

I would preferrably connect via Firewire (have nice collection of FW cables).

Here's my issue:
Unfortunately Mytek's latest FW driver [v4.3.1.47542] seems to be not compatible with 32-Bit XP and I cannot find older FW driver versions from Mytek on the internet.

I've read that Weiss's DAC202 uses the same developer for their drivers as Mytek - is that correct?

Weiss still offers XP FW drivers [v4.1.4.18150] for their DAC202 on their support page:
www.weiss.ch/download/dac202

My questions:
a) Would it be possible to just use the Weiss XP drivers as alternative for connecting via Firewire?
b) Or has anybody some of the old Mytek XP FW drivers still on CD and could provide them?

Any help/advice appreciated :-)

Hello,

If you send me your email address, I will send you all the old Mytek drivers!!!
Greetings

Thanks a lot to tipunch - driver v3.5.6 and v4.1.3.17357 should work fine with XP 32-Bit 😀

Which high-end firewire cables would you recommend for the Mytek 192 Stereo?

Will 4pin to 6pin without power line work properly with the DAC?

7 hours ago, b33rd said:

Thanks a lot to tipunch - driver v3.5.6 and v4.1.3.17357 should work fine with XP 32-Bit 😀

Which high-end firewire cables would you recommend for the Mytek 192 Stereo?

Will 4pin to 6pin without power line work properly with the DAC?

Hello,

At first I had a Neo By Oyaide d+.
Then a Revelation Audio Labs Power Free (without power line), but I don't recommend it, because this seller had a lot of trouble to send me the cable (fortunately, I could get help from PayPal).