IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well not good for my waistline!  I have been trying to stay away from pizza--and no I need to stay away from this thread because you guys keep making me hungry with all these posts.  Can't we go back to comparing clock radios to hi-fi?  At least I don't imagine eating either.  x-D

I think that's a good idea. I'm pizza'd out.

George

3 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Let us know how much difference you notice between Mozzarella buffala and Mozzarella latte di mucca (cow's milk)!

To say nothing of Mozzarella boof.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

oh I can answer that now - it's a big difference!

our local fish market imports that (and lots of real cheeses)

Let me try to be more specific: the real buffala is much richer, esp. in the midtones, better bass definition and maybe extension, while not being too "hot" in the higher ranges

44 minutes ago, diecaster said:

A bison farm or a buffalo farm? It's not a small difference....

I was gonna ask the same question. The buffalo I saw in the region of Italy south of Salerno around Paestum looked like they were related to African Water buffalo. They had those horns that plaster down on their heads like guys wore in in the late 19th century; parted in the middle and combed to both sides. 

Definitely not the same as the American Bison. While both are distantly related to cows, I doubt if their milk is interchangeable.

George

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

oh I can answer that now - it's a big difference!

our local fish market imports that (and lots of real cheeses)

Let me try to be more specific: the real buffala is much richer, esp. in the midtones, better bass definition and maybe extension, while not being too "hot" in the higher ranges

I've never compared them. They don't seem to make a lot of difference on Margherita Pizzas, though - or at least, I didn't notice much.

George

On 10/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, lucretius said:

I spent my whole life in southern Ontario and have never seen a "Hawaiian pizza" with Canadian Bacon (better known as peameal bacon), only ham. I suppose somewhere, sometime, someone substituted Canadian bacon for ham.

Isn’t so-called “Canadian bacon” just a type of ham, ie it’s pork loin cured a particular way?

Big Bone BBQ does a great job with ribs...

Speaking of ham: Prosciutto & rucola is a popular combo in Italy — on or off pizza

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

21 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Isn’t so-called “Canadian bacon” just a type of ham, ie it’s pork loin cured a particular way?

Peameal bacon is made from lean boneless pork loin, trimmed fine, wet cured, and rolled in cornmeal. It is not smoked. Ham is cut from the hind leg of the pig, not the loin and is then wet-cured and often, but not always, smoked. Being as the two things come from different cuts of meat they are most decidedly not the same thing.

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

There is nothing childish or shameful about the word "cowboy" in the USA.

It would be interesting to see how a particular phrase catches on - you think what the words in the term mean: young kids who look after female bovines ...

10 hours ago, esldude said:

Many home ovens don't really get hot enough to do pizza properly. Most charcoal grills can get very hot; I've done pizza on a grill and it works very well. You just have to be careful b/c it is ready much faster than in most ovens. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Let us know how much difference you notice between Mozzarella buffala and Mozzarella latte di mucca (cow's milk)!

I suspect the difference in what the animal eats and how the cheese is cultured outweighs the difference between cow and buffalo.  I say this because I taste little difference between cow and buffalo mozzarella here in the US, yet I had mozzarella on pizza in Rome and Napoli that was enormously more strongly flavored than any mozzarella I've had in the US, even at the most acclaimed pizzerias.

p.s.  Some of the high end pizzerias here have started calling cow mozzarella "fior di latte" to make it sound special.  Not to be confused with San Francisco restaurants that think "hen" sounds classier than "chicken".

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7