IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

That's your personal opinion ONLY. I see very little advice on how to improve Computer Audio from the majority of the qualified Objective members, yourself included (with your vast background in this area),, who mainly post in the General Forum area. The vast majority of their posts appear to be put downs of other members, even other highly qualified members and equipment manufacturers , who they believe are incorrect with their reports, whether it be Power Supplies, Clocking, USB cables, high res/DSD vs. 16/44.1 , the audible differences between S/W players, audible differences between similar types of capacitors etc. etc.

I find this disappointing, as many are in a position to offer valuable advice to others if they chose to.

Killjoys is the perfect term for this group they are either incapable of feeling joy or they are so old their hearing is gone. 

40 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

Maybe mansr could do that comparing 2 of the filters he designed?

His "analysers" show the wrong scale. That is too difficult to set right. So forget it.

No, this wasn't a 3rd person sentence.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

4 hours ago, Jud said:

I don't think perceived differences there (if they exist) lie in the realm of vanishingly small signals, and I'm quite sure you don't either.

Well, these have not been detected in measurements in audio realm. Just ask @PeterSt about Lush measurements, and you’ll hear excuse after excuse. I’m still waiting, Peter! ;)

They are vanishingly small because measurements don’t show them. John S. has even promised to build some specialized, more sensitive equipment capable of measuring these tiny differences. I’m still waiting on this one, also.

44 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

That was in one of my first posts and made someone laugh

Wasn't one of your first posts about a file requiring burn in ? As in : let it play whole night and the next day it sounds better ? or wasn't that you ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Well, these have not been detected in measurements in audio realm. Just ask @PeterSt about Lush measurements, and you’ll hear excuse after excuse. I’m still waiting, Peter! ;)

They are vanishingly small because measurements don’t show them. John S. has even promised to build some specialized, more sensitive equipment capable of measuring these tiny differences. I’m still waiting on this one, also.

Any bookmakers around to put some money to for who wil be the first ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

8 hours ago, Jud said:

What isn't preposterous is that our ear-brains work differently than scientific instruments, so we can't be as sure as we'd like yet how a given measured sonic input will be perceived.  We also are still better at some things than instruments, for example pattern identification.

The other problem is that how a specific electrical component will operate in a circuit, and how a piece of equipment will work in a system and a particular home environment, is also not able to be predicted in advance with exactitude.  (That's why I asked whether you'd be content not building a prototype, given the wealth of information we have about the individual components.)

How do we build planes, nuclear subs. LIGO?

Just now, Le Concombre Masqué said:

I would have changed a lot since I find your supposition offending

Hold your horses. :|

For many years now I would believe in such a thing and would be able to reason it out. So I was positive towards you.

But only if it was you.

Was it ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

Man, you are one cynical dude. How do you get out of the bed in rhe morning?

Its probably working in the real world of electronics, where the pressure is on for kit to perform, quite often perfectly in adverse operating conditions, automotive being a prime example these days, aerospace, military and medical being other examples, aerospace and military so much so, that they still use leaded solder to mitigate tin whiskers.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

That's your personal opinion ONLY. I see very little advice on how to improve Computer Audio from the majority of the qualified Objective members, yourself included (with your vast background in this area),, who mainly post in the General Forum area. The vast majority of their posts appear to be put downs of other members, even other highly qualified members and equipment manufacturers , who they believe are incorrect with their reports, whether it be Power Supplies, Clocking, USB cables, high res/DSD vs. 16/44.1 , the audible differences between S/W players, audible differences between similar types of capacitors etc. etc.

I find this disappointing, as many are in a position to offer valuable advice to others if they chose to.

Many do because the information does not fit with your beliefs it is ignored or you call the poster a troll or worse.

Just now, Le Concombre Masqué said:
8 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Hold your horses. :|

For many years now I would believe in such a thing and would be able to reason it out. So I was positive towards you.

But only if it was you.

Was it ?

Read more  

no. closest I could have said is that I let a few bottles of wine burn in or that my DAC sounded much better after burnin. ;)

OK, then I must apologize for accusing you of such a ridiculous thing. I must confuse you with some one else with "French" in his nick name blood.

So yes, that was the most ridiculous thing I could ever imagine. Back at the time. It was the very only thing I could not accept, while all else is only not true when proven to be not true.

Today I thus would even think differently about that "phenomenon".

I am looking for the thread, but can not find it ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

8 hours ago, fas42 said:

The "finest scientific instruments" are quite often poor at recognising patterns in what they are monitoring. The human mind, conversely, is quite excellent at that - AI is a beautiful example of where it's been a long, hard slog to get it right, in spite of vast amounts of money and expertise thrown at it over decades 

Maybe it’s because the finest measurement instruments were never designed to recognize patterns?

Hard long slug??? AI is making great progress. I’ve been involved in the field for all of my adult life. Just remember that we started measuring things with devices thousands of years ago and have been perfecting these for all that time. With AI we’ve been working on perfecting it only for the past 50-60 years. Give it a few more years to catch up ;)

Just now, marce said:

Many do because the information does not fit with your beliefs it is ignored or you call the poster a troll or worse.

Marce, yesterday we exchanged a few vague posts about theories. Now, there is a difference between beliefs, theories and known theories up to new theories. At least beliefs can be counted out in my book (yours too). But what about the difference between known theories (which one first needs to know) and the new evolving theories. And please, I try to (!) behave in the latter field only because my work is about new stuff. Always and explicitly.

So indeed, this is about this half (non)-science and how science could be created from new visions after trials and measurement (if possible) and empirical finding. And the response to this should not be a "this and that theory is well known" (from a post from you from yesterday). Almost nothing is well known in this audio field, because mostly the tests are abducted with old prerequisites; they should be performed each year again or even faster.

Nothing is black and white. Also, you will know from your job that maybe 90% these days is about ICT (but call it low level programming) and thus is software. This in itself is subject to the creativity of human. Nothing is impossible and changes go fast.

I know, this does not justify perceived idiotic changes to sound; for that one must way much more think in the analogue domain of digital and observe the complete path. Nothing new for a "statement", but now let's do it for real ...

XXHighEnd (developer)

23 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Esldude is one of the most helpful members on this and other forums. He’s knowledgeable and reasoned and only posts on things he knows and understands, unlike some others here... Alex! Please stop the attacks.

Please show where Dennis has posted any advice recently on actually improving Computer Audio.

I also stated that Dennis was quite knowledgeable in this area, but just like you , it is invariably used to try and prove others wrong instead of how to improve computer audio.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Please show where Dennis has posted any advice recently on actually improving Computer Audio.

I also stated that Dennis was quite knowledgeable in this area, but just like you , it is invariably used to try and prove others wrong instead of how to improve computer audio.

I don’t need to prove anything to you Alex. Just stop the unwarranted attacks and insults.

26 minutes ago, marce said:

We don 't need to call some members Trolls, as they label themselves as Trolls and appear to regard it as a badge of honour.

You are guilty of exactly the  same as you have demonstrated on quite a few occasions by fobbing me off when I have tried to provide you with proof of my reports.

The offer to provide proof still stands. If you have a suitable media player that can play BR discs with .mp4 high res videos on it, (or can borrow one) that can connect via HDMI to a HDTV, I will make another BR comparison disc and send it to you.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020