IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

@dmackta : @Damien78 answered me at A+3 community support(@Damien3) he was befuddled also-- tried few things he suggested defrag debug etc but PROBLEM SOLVED(I hope): it wasn't my 'system' per se or A+3 it was my internet carrier Spectrum(they serve the NYC area also and are a real PIA)  they had to reboot my modem and I fiddled with both their WiFi and my Apple Time Capsule WiFi shutting them on/off at Spectrums suggestion and Viola instant relief A+3 loaded Qobuz and played Qobuz with all my playlists-- I was also having problems with Qobuz on my desktop app and in ROON and ALL is back to normal.

BTW if you get complaints similar to mine tell people to visit their internet provider that may be the problem not you guys-- BTW also ROON even improved--- all my Qobuz playlists and my access to Qobuz vastly improved BUT they remain sooo slow in loading/starting and their support unlike YOU and Damien is like"... forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"

best wishes and continued success

bobbmd

@bobfa @The Computer Audiophile someone suggested that at ROON to compensate for their slowness and loss of services/need to resign in and length of time it takes for albums to play etc but I am hesitant to change at this point but thanks for the idea---Spectrum is awful cost wise horrible redundant cable stations etc but their tech people are fantastic and always come through(always speak to an american usually somewhere in the south or midwest) plus changing DNS worries me because of my electronic med records just too old and set in my ways to try a change like that.

But as I said for now my problem is fixed and only thing that remains is the minutes it takes ROON to load and sync my libraries and A+3 is perfect again as is Qobuz.

@JMD54 @PAR @Mark Dirac @The Computer Audiophile couldn't agree more and i didn't know internet providers like Spectrum did that --- just reinforces me to have to stay with Spectrum as in upstate central ny they are really the only player Fios has limited inroads and only other 'providers' are Directv and DISH. Will live with problems they create and keep my fingers crossed

thanks all for the input

@PAR Can you explain what the difference is between the Qobuz desktop app and the browser version? Is this something particular to Windows version of Qobuz? I have had Qobuz long before it came to USA with a 'French' address and have had that icon in 2 different versions on my 'dock' along bottom of my mac mini forever always thought this was the browser('desktop') version and used the terms interchangeably-- is there a difference and if so how do i know what i have and does it really make a difference in my case using a mac? thanks bobbmd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tinnitus Andronicus I can sympathize with you completely-- I did the exact same thing ie ripping my 800+ cd's dvd-a's scad's TWICE-first onto my PC then when that failed onto my Mac Mini where they reside now(in some defunct iTunes library) and also(more or less in one form or another/playlists etc) on ROON A+3.5 TIDAL and Qobuz the better part 2 full NFL seasons!! never have been so bored and Never ever again.

instead add 4-6 speakers a center channel and a powered subwoofer and viola multichannel !! or get a dvd-a sacd changer cheap on amazon with outlaw audio bass manager ICBM and buy a bunch of them discs to use on the changer PLUS that speaker set up--that way the services/players don't have to waste THEIR $$ on multichannel then watch your CFO go bonkers with all that mess!

@dmackta @David Craff  Hello- I have a request-I found on archives.org on their Grateful Dead subsection a VRB MP3 files of 162 songs entitled "All  Grateful Dead Original Song Debuts ('66-95)" compiled by Eyesoftheworld94. I downloaded them they reside on my hard-drive individually and in a 'zip' file in 'FINDER' as a download-- i have no idea how to transfer them(EASILY) as a playlist to Qobuz(for that matter to TIDAL) or to my ROON playlists or to A+3.5.

Could your engineers download this file and create a playlist offered under the 'Folk/Americana' genre section in the Grateful Dead offerings? This is a free uncopywritten set of dead songs made by individuals at the time so it would not violate any Dead material/copyrights as it is available to anyone(which is the way the Dead operated anyway).

I found this by accident and it sort of completes my collection of the Dead- did it for 'schiits and giggles' just to hear what they sounded like wayback when--- depending on the soundboards those deadheads recorded on some songs are great others pretty poor but they are first time they ever sang them and I don't care if they are only MP3's everything sounds good on Qobuz.

Thank you and Happy Holidays and New Year-thanks for being here in the USA

bobbmd

• 4 weeks later...

@al2813 and @The Computer Audiophileall of them on my desktop app ipad and phone including those newer 'bootlegs...'--some are grayed out or just samplers and if i am correct even ej/mary lee's corvette's 'blood on the tracks' word for word at some grocery store/wine bar in lower manhattan and a slew of tributes and covers if you look--- even pat guadagno( a jersey shore bar singer--'thats a bob dylan song...' 2009 edition of his yearly dylan birthday fest) and barb jungr is back on qobuz with her covers.must be a belgium issue problem-- BTW @al2813 do you have anything by Won-Ton-Ton on Qobuz in belgium( bea van der maat) really dark music/songs--- album is called 'HOME'(check it out Chris)

@thyname I couldn't disagree more with you about folk/americana metal I could care less about.

I lump/choose folk/american with country& western and almost anything I search for comes up even obscure people like Pat Guadagno a Jersey Shore saloon/bar singer who covers Dylan comes up-A Bob Fest on his birthday(check him out) plus covers of Waits, Cohen, Dylan(Barb Jungr for example) etc almost ALL the Dead plus loads of their covers almost all Dylan and his covers, guys i never heard of Jerry Jeff Walker and Ray Wylie Hubbard the Del-Lords etc and check out JazzDoc post #19 in Music in General under country western. ALL anybody would want and more of Kingston Trio PP&M search Bakersfield Sound or Nashville and there are just pages and pages of artists under americana  alone. There is a lot there and half the fun is just looking for/searching(and reading different threads/topics on this august body of work) sort like what it was like at Sam Goody's or Tower Records-just put anything into search and click... and when you request do it to @dmackta or @ David Craff you might get better results on this thread.

@al2813 you could keep Qobuz by transferring all your Deezer/Spotify playlists to Qobuz via Soundiiz Premium I did this for my Deezer and Spotify and my TIDAL playlists and retain the SQ you like so much on Qobuz... just a suggestion OR get ROON I got the 'lifetime' subscription at 499$ and it has paid for itself( my CFO wasn't happy she said "what is 'lifetime' at YOUR age?''

bobbmd

@thyname  I didn't say that READ what I said--- I said I (me personally) lump folk/americana/country&western/country together THEY to ME are all Americana/Folk( and I click the specific box(es) in the genres drop down).

Instead of writing something like that to me why not just say thank you for the suggestions( did you even try them or explore them?) and let it go... instead of acting like a sophomoric member/millennial--sorry I even bothered to respond... and FYI Qobuz DOES under genres have Folk/Americana box to check and you can check multiple genres at once. Do you even know how to explore Qobuz GUI/desktop app? If you type in METAL in 'search' under METAL there is Artists /Releases /Tracks and Playlists the first three are "New in Metal"/"Best of 2019-Metal"/ "Metal from A  to Z : Extreme"---- that isn't good enough for you? Go knock yourself out with that info. And I will save you the trouble and say "You are Welcome" in advance.

@al2813  you are welcome and you are correct I use my iPhone and iPad with Qobuz TIDAL and Spotify/Deezer apps for my offline playlists also but find myself too lazy sometimes and just listen to Sirius especially that Bakersfield Sound station in the high numbers(200s or 300s) which to my ears sounds like they are streaming in higher resolution than mp3(have meridian sound system in my LandRover Discovery). Thanks for the polite response unlike that other guy--- what did you think of his response to my polite suggestions?

@thyname apology accepted and my apology for being kinda rude back to you. And since you probably had same kind of subscription I had 5 or more years ago with a 'french address' mine was Oneida,New France which is what the Northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham! pretty cheeky of them,eh?

Did you try any of my suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

New Topic??--check out this-- "The Best of 192mKz"(HiRes Audio) playlist about 9 hours worth in new Qobuz playlists.

I have been alternating between my Schiit Yggdrasil GS which shows 4x and my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC shows all WHITE LEDs indicating NO MQA despite what some people say that Qobuz 'sneaks' MQA into their offerings.

Would appreciate what others think also and about SQ from ROON(which says 192k lossless) vs Qobuz desktop vs Audirvana A+3. I THINK subjectively speaking ROON sounds best. Posted most of this on Music Downloads and Streaming also-didn't ask for/about SQ quality.

I fortunately have never had ANY issues with Qobuz(with my former French address or my USA account) except I ask @dmacktaand @the other Qubuz person WHAT HAPPENED TO WON-TON-TON and Bea Van Der Maat ??

• 1 month later...

Hi I accidentally posted this else where @dmackta & @ David Craff: Kuddos to Qobuz— as a goof I searched for Rhino Records and Qobuz gave me nearly ALL their releases just pages and pages... did the same on TIDAL and got zero nada ziltch nice job guys and girl’s bobbmd 

• 5 months later...

@dmackta @David Craff : hello — I have had very few problems over all the years I have had Qobuz- but starting last month it has become slow and temperamental — when playing just about anything ie my made playlists or Qobuz selections a song plays OR NOT and if it does it stops or never goes to next song and that little fly wheel where the play or pause symbol is just goes around and around

my Qobuz Customer Service # is 34684 PLEASE review my numerous emails– I have done everything Sebastian has suggested and others nothing works —he suggested getting a Mac Cleaner/Mac app which I fear is unsafe despite what he says I have cleared the cache etc

I do not believe it is my simple straightforward system-late 2012 Mac mini i7 with 16GB RAM using relatively brand new Samsung SSD my Spectrum WiFi download speed is 243.00

Curiously Qobuz works perfectly fine on my iPad Pro at home and in my office(and on my iPhone 7)and with ROON(although I don’t get all the features as on my desktop app BUT now all of sudden “My Qobuz” has nothing listed??)

Do either of you or anyone else have any idea what is going on? It certainly isn’t my system everything else works my EMR TIDAL ROON etc.

BUT please review my customer service number 34684 and let me know.

FYI I have had Qobuz since way before USA program was here and was given a French address of ONEIDA,NEW FRANCE which I thought was pretty cute/cheeky as that is what the Northeast USA would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham

thanks

bobbmd

• 4 weeks later...

Had a similar prob with both ROON and Qobuz app but not the WEB player the pause/play would just go around and around. Sebastian at Qobuz tried everything then Audirvāna support took control of my late 2012 Mac mini via teamviewer and fixed an even worse problem I had with AS fixed that plus the Qobuz problem BUT I also just rebooted my router- everything works fine and Audirvāna support even ‘found’ my lost iTunes library which ‘disappeared’ when I upgraded to Catalina— try getting that kind of support at the ‘great’ ROON support staff or their trolls of syncopaths but first try just rebooting your router 

• 1 month later...

@RBO Qubuz never opens slowly for me and never causes any problems ever and I have had Qobuz since 2012 or 2013 and at the time had a 'French' address.

But I use  a MAC first late 2012 i7 with 16GB RAM and all their iOS through Catalina and now with Mac Mini M1 Mojave also with 16GB RAM--I am not being critical/sarcastic but most ℅ these things come from Windows users maybe it is Windows iOs's?

What I find is that ROON takes MINUTES to load since its inception---now that is annoying--- and their so called 'support' always blames 'my system' if you have ROON it is slow for you and others with Windows?

FYI just for humor I begged in French&English to get Qobuz in USA in 2012-- I finally got it with a 'French' address of ONEIDA, NEW FRANCE-- that is what the northeast USA would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham--always thought that was pretty cheeky of them