IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

The 1.3.9 now contains the check for an installed 3.5, and thus refuses to start in this case.
This is meant to avoid any simultaneous launch of both, as doing so places high risk of damaging the database file.
Also, the 3.4.912 is now at release candidate level for 3.5.

@lucretiusYou will not lose your license in the process, as 3.5 (currently at .912 release candidate) reuses the same license as 1.3.9. You can then safely uninstall "Audirvana Plus" to keep "Audirvana"

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Damien, I'm not sure what this means: " Also, the 3.4.912 is now at release candidate level for 3.5." Has the official version now been released and will it automatically update my beta 3.4.8? If not, how do I update to the official 3.5, if it has been officially released? Sorry if I'm being slow.....

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

10 hours ago, BobSmith8901 said:

lucretius--read your post again on community site...did you go to programs and features to uninstall 1.3.8? If so, did your beta 3.4.912 (or whatever it is, maybe 3.5...) stay installed in your system? If it did, is there some version of Audirvana still in programs and features so that you, theoretically, could uninstall?

What happened is that 1.3.8 automatically upgraded to 1.3.9. Upon starting up 1.3.9, it checked for an installed "3.5" and when finding it, refused to start and displayed a dialog box saying I should uninstall it (1.3.9). See @damien78 post above.

I went to Programs and Features to uninstall 1.3.9. This removed 1.3.9 but did not remove "3.5" (which is currently at 3.4.912 -- this is the latest according to  @damien78). Note that I had 3.4.912 installed before any of this happened.

There is now no versions of Audirvana listed under Programs and Features. This is as it should be, since 3.4.912 is a Windows "universal app". You can see it under Settings -> Apps.

mQa is dead!

4 hours ago, lucretius said:

What happened is that 1.3.8 automatically upgraded to 1.3.9. Upon starting up 1.3.9, it checked for an installed "3.5" and when finding it, refused to start and displayed a dialog box saying I should uninstall it (1.3.9). See @damien78 post above.

I went to Programs and Features to uninstall 1.3.9. This removed 1.3.9 but did not remove "3.5" (which is currently at 3.4.912 -- this is the latest according to  @damien78). Note that I had 3.4.912 installed before any of this happened.

There is now no versions of Audirvana listed under Programs and Features. This is as it should be, since 3.4.912 is a Windows "universal app". You can see it under Settings -> Apps.

Thanks, you answered exactly what I wanted to know. My 1.3.8 never updated to 1.3.9 (I think) so I guess what ever is showing in PGMs/Features is what I would uninstall and my quasi-3.5 will remain untouched. I had not known about the concept of a Windows universal app that resided in the settings/apps spot but this Audirvana for Windows isn't the typical Windows installation (as I've known them) I guess.Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@damien78 I just had my Audirvana+ on Windows 10 upgrade to 3.5.0. In the Qobuz app it is possible to sort albums added to Favorites by artists, added date or releases. In contrast Audirvana has no sort option in Albums under Favorites I can find but appears to just sort by added date. Streaming User Playlists can be sorted under settings which is nice.

Is it possible to add the sort options in Albums under Favorites in a point update to match functionality in the Qobuz app? I mainly listen to albums and not being able to sort by artists is a feature I miss in Audirvana.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, zoro4724 said:

Does anybody knows when the official 3.5 version will be released for Windows platform?

Finally I have another question the current version do not have any volume control inside the app ,will the 3.5 version will have?

In the new 3.5.0 there is an option to turn on software volume control. Click on the Audio Devices icon at the bottom right of the interface to specify the playback system for Audirvana. The drop down menu will show all systems visible to Audirvana. The arrow next to the selected system takes you to the configuration settings of that device where you can configure VST plug-ins and enable the internal volume control.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I use the software from the first beta and bought it immediately. But it is not usable. I've got mechanical disks for my system and media files. I also have Roon, Foobar2000, jRiver and Plex. All of them are fast. Not lightning fast but considering my 10 year old computer it's OK. Audirvana on the other side is very bad. Even with Tidal as the only choice. Constant freeze. Of course I've made a lot of uninstallations but the problem remains. If I add a local music source the thing gets more and more worse. I'm considering an SSD but I don't know if it's only that.

Apart from the performance maybe you can offer a simple UI customization. Eg I don't like the tag side panel. Maybe you should give an option to remove it. Also the left sidebar. We could hide it.

29 minutes ago, koupa said:

I use the software from the first beta and bought it immediately. But it is not usable. I've got mechanical disks for my system and media files. I also have Roon, Foobar2000, jRiver and Plex. All of them are fast. Not lightning fast but considering my 10 year old computer it's OK. Audirvana on the other side is very bad. Even with Tidal as the only choice. Constant freeze. Of course I've made a lot of uninstallations but the problem remains. If I add a local music source the thing gets more and more worse. I'm considering an SSD but I don't know if it's only that.

Apart from the performance maybe you can offer a simple UI customization. Eg I don't like the tag side panel. Maybe you should give an option to remove it. Also the left sidebar. We could hide it.

can’t you click on tag icon to remove it like on mac or just slide that window to the right ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 6 months later...

Hello from Sydney, Australia. My post is really a warning to Audirvana's developer: you would attract far more Windows 10 customers if the installation of 3.5 wasn't overly dependent on Microsoft's MANY system parameters. Defender/Firewall settings, Privacy settings, Update services settings, changes to Edge, general Windows Settings, some Group Policy settings.... Any adjustments or modifications and prospective 3.5 customers can kiss Audirvana goodbye. Because it simply won't install - and if it does and even smallest changes are made to the OS, then library sync and other Audirvana options malfunction.

Such a pity, because the sound quality is terrific. 

I know others have mentioned this in the past, but the developer hasn't listened.

Perhaps the developer is not aware of the difference between Windows PC and Mac users?. Windows operating systems come with many extraneous processes, yet on the flip-side there is far more freedom to customize the OS to the user's needs. 

This is why JRiver, Roon, JPLAY etc are far more suitable for Windows users, as things stand.  

3 hours ago, goldiver said:

Hello from Sydney, Australia. My post is really a warning to Audirvana's developer: you would attract far more Windows 10 customers if the installation of 3.5 wasn't overly dependent on Microsoft's MANY system parameters. Defender/Firewall settings, Privacy settings, Update services settings, changes to Edge, general Windows Settings, some Group Policy settings.... Any adjustments or modifications and prospective 3.5 customers can kiss Audirvana goodbye. Because it simply won't install - and if it does and even smallest changes are made to the OS, then library sync and other Audirvana options malfunction.

Such a pity, because the sound quality is terrific. 

I know others have mentioned this in the past, but the developer hasn't listened.

Perhaps the developer is not aware of the difference between Windows PC and Mac users?. Windows operating systems come with many extraneous processes, yet on the flip-side there is far more freedom to customize the OS to the user's needs. 

This is why JRiver, Roon, JPLAY etc are far more suitable for Windows users, as things stand.  

I’ve changed many of these, and in fact am running Audirvana on a Windows Fast Ring beta build. It seems to function quite well. So I imagine it is something specific causing the problem, and I would guess the more you can narrow it down to provide a specific bug report, the easier it will be for the developer to fix.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:58 PM, Jud said:

I’ve changed many of these, and in fact am running Audirvana on a Windows Fast Ring beta build. It seems to function quite well. So I imagine it is something specific causing the problem, and I would guess the more you can narrow it down to provide a specific bug report, the easier it will be for the developer to fix.

A bunch of us are posting on the official Audirvana forum about it crashing on Windows at startup. Been going on for months with very little help from the Dev. Been unusable for me going on three months and have tried everything. Ether the dev does not care or doesn't have the skills set to fix it.

Here is the thread.

https://community.audirvana.com/t/audirvana-3-5-37-freezes-at-startup/15602

On 8/23/2020 at 11:59 PM, Screwdriver said:

A bunch of us are posting on the official Audirvana forum about it crashing on Windows at startup. Been going on for months with very little help from the Dev. Been unusable for me going on three months and have tried everything. Ether the dev does not care or doesn't have the skills set to fix it.

Here is the thread.

https://community.audirvana.com/t/audirvana-3-5-37-freezes-at-startup/15602

Audirvana (Windows) 3.5.39 is working for me on:  Windows 10 version 2004, OS build 19041.450, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0.

Nonetheless, I think it's important that @damien78 address the issue that folks are having.

mQa is dead!

5 hours ago, lucretius said:

Audirvana (Windows) 3.5.39 is working for me on:  Windows 10 version 2004, OS build 19041.450, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0.

Nonetheless, I think it's important that @damien78 address the issue that folks are having.

I am on the same build of Audirvana and Windows 10 and have sent @damien78 all requested files, logs etc.....I have uninstalled and wiped all remnants of Audirvana...folders, files and the registry. I have moved my music files to different disks, USB drives and NAS. Still crashes. Installed Audirvana on another account, same comp...same crash behavior. Even crashes if I only point to a single folder with a single music file. On top of that I have Qobuz and even that flashes like crazy requiring me to jump around in Qobuz to stop it.

This whole experience is pissing me off as I am a paying customer and here I am with a useless product I paid good money for.

And yeah, it works for you. But how many people give the trial a test and if fails for them, check out their support forum and see that this is a three month+ ongoing issue and move on?

He needs to roll back to a version that did not have the issue, or allow those of us with the issue to use an earlier version until he figures it out. Instead....silence....dead silence.

• 2 weeks later...