IGNORED

How much does it cost to be an audiophile?

22 hours ago, mansr said:

Yes, but apparently they didn't want to conquer Europe, for whatever reason. The Mongols wanted to and did.

The Mongols were stopped as soon as they started hitting forests rather than open plains where they could find a lot of open feeding ground for their horses.  They did penetrate somewhat into Europe, but not far.  If we're giving out book recommendations here, a good book to read is Genghis Khan and the Making of The Modern World.

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The Mongols were stopped as soon as they started hitting forests rather than open plains where they could find a lot of open feeding ground for their horses.  They did penetrate somewhat into Europe, but not far.  If we're giving out book recommendations here, a good book to read is Genghis Khan and the Making of The Modern World.

Does not match the Netflix series !!!

Roch

8 hours ago, accwai said:

I thought the question was what appeals to women. Kinky x-D

As for cars, Toyota just won 1st and 2nd overall yesterday at 24 Hours of Le Mans with a pair of TS050 Hybrid, women would go crazy over the black/white/red Gazoo Racing color scheme:

Toyota-GT86-3.jpg

image1_tcm-11-943219.jpg

:x

Is it a win if they have no real competition?

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Is it a win if they have no real competition?

Actually the race is for them to lose and they didn't. So it most certainly can be considered a win. Especially since we're talking 24 hour endurance race here. You're blasting around with a whole bunch of guys, some much slower than you, and some fighting really hard with others their own size. Bad things can happen very easily, especially in the middle of the night. The fact that nothing serious happened to either of the Toyotas is quite a miracle. Thus the legion of screaming female fans 9_9

But look, here at CA, the main point is to post something complicated and important sounding. Makes no difference how relevant the stuff is x-D

44 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

If Porsche was still in LMP1 would they have won?

Good question. Now questions for you:

• Why aren't they still in LMP1 now?
  • Would Porsche have won 2016 had Toyota No. 5 not broke down while in the lead minutes before the end?
  • Where is the other Porsche 919 in 2016? I mean Porsche qualified 1-2 that year, like Toyota just did this year right?

Now back to regular CA programme: My amp is much cheaper than yours and it sounds so much better. So there :P

28 minutes ago, accwai said:

Now back to regular CA programme: My amp is much cheaper than yours and it sounds so much better. So there :P

HAHAHAHA

If we extrapolate out the performance of the 1st and 2nd place finishing 911 RSRs in GTE Pro, then Yeah, Porsche would have probably won.

?

No electron left behind.

41 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

image.thumb.png.442fec73d2e3d27271b74889daaff76f.pngimage.thumb.png.ad5ca086ac2121c1b579cf637868f2af.png

I remember the movie Gumball rally where the Porsche broke down being run down and captured by a Ford Ranchero.   Mr. Shelby must have gotten paid for that ad. 

;)

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 6/17/2018 at 4:43 PM, gmgraves said:

Actually, according to "The Bell Curve" by  ‎Richard J. Herrnstein‎ and ‎Charles Murray, The people with the highest average IQ on the planet are the Chinese, followed by European Ashkenazi Jews. White Europeans are third. The groups with the lowest average IQs are Mexicans of American Indian ancestry, and Africans. And it's simply (in those cases) exactly that African natives and others on the low end of the scale do not have the selections pressures that forced them to be smarter. African Americans are 10 point below the US national average (which will always be 100 because it's the centerpoint of the bell curve by definition). And I'm just the messenger. Don't get mad at me if you don't like the findings of Herrnstein and Murray's research. 

And Mansr, suggesting that black Africans don't have as high an IQ as other groups is only offensive if it's not the truth and is being used to keep some groups down. Since it is the truth, and there is lots of research to back it up, it shouldn't offend anyone. I'm sure that it's Inconvenient for the politically correct, perhaps, but in science (and the search for truth), there is no place for political correctness. 

Asserting that unproven, flawed, roundly-criticized, racially inflammatory writings are established fact is racist.  It does not belong on this forum, or anywhere that thoughtful people convene.

6 hours ago, gmgraves said:

IQ tests are generally given to kids in the 7th-8th grades here in the USA. It's also given by Mensa to prospective members. I've often thought that it should be given several times over one's productive life as IQ can change. I know it can go up, and there are probably situations where it can go down too. 

Yes, they are a snapshot in time

Sound Minds Mind Sound