IGNORED

How much does it cost to be an audiophile?

7 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Smartness isn't the same as happiness (unless you include emotional IQ I guess). You could have either or neither.

But the donkey reference reminded me of an Einstein quote "Well-being and happiness never appeared to me as an absolute aim. I am even inclined to compare such moral aims to the ambitions of a pig."

My comment was just an irony, but if I have to choose ...

You need to be smart to be happy, although it seems a redundancy.

No pain, no gain is cruel  ?

Roch

1 minute ago, elcorso said:

My comment was just an irony, but if I have to choose ...

You need to be smart to be happy, although it seems a redundancy.

No pain, no gain is cruel  ?

Roch

There is recent research that says the opposite.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

There is recent research that says the opposite.

Talking about recent researches you remind me of my ex...?

The presidential elections in my country just happened, and the millennials won. A joke was made about this generation, who called it "the generation that did not know the Merthiolate ..." When I was young, many, many moons ago, when you suffered a scratch or wound they put Merthiolate, which hurt more than the wound.

On reflection we need some pain !

Roch

31 minutes ago, elcorso said:

But the truth is that I am very happy with my Lush ! 

Your wife/GF is a Lush ? O.o 

(only joking)

noun

• a person who drinks frequently. Not necessarily an alcoholic.
    Lauren is a lush.
    • See more words with the same meaning: alcoholic.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Because there are no more survivability pressures on society of that level, we are in fact, becoming dumber. Pointing out one person that has one measure so far above the mean, has no impact on that.

complete rubbish

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Rocket engines are great.

not it - 

humans can out run any other animal

...under certain conditions

Long distances - in the heat, with plenty of water - 3 factors often found in Africa, where humans evolved

BTW, tribesman in E. Africa used to run down cheetahs to capture them

people often take their dogs for a jog, and unfortunately sometimes kill the dogs

Someone who has a low IQ and ADHD may be regarded by many as stupid, yet they may excel in narrow areas that they are interested in, and are sometimes quite artistic, and may even see things that we don't believe are possible.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

21 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Smartness is a result of evolutionary pressures, IMO.  ie: our ancestors had to adapt and problem solve to survive and meet new challenges as they moved out of Africa.  I have seen some argue that an ice age and the pressures to survive in the new climate, as well as the different cold climates further north from Africa as early humans spread out, is the cause of our intelligence and evolution into what we are now.

I also think our broad and general societal IQ is falling due to a lack of evolutionary pressures that lead to death.

I believe smartness is one factor giving an evolutionary advantage.There are other ways to be "fit" for selection.

I am not so sure that societal IQ is falling. Have you got data on this? Arguably there are still evolutionary pressures favoring smartness just not the same ones as centuries ago. It could be argued that smart people don't smoke, and will survive.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

5 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

not it - 

humans can out run any other animal

...under certain conditions

Long distances - in the heat, with plenty of water - 3 factors often found in Africa, where humans evolved

BTW, tribesman in E. Africa used to run down cheetahs to capture them

people often take their dogs for a jog, and unfortunately sometimes kill the dogs

The dogs do not die when they chase, for long distances, to their bitches.

Those who die by their masters doing jogging commit suicide ?

Roch

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Someone who has a low IQ and ADHD may be regarded by many as stupid, yet they may excel in narrow areas that they are interested in, and are sometimes quite artistic, and may even see things that we don't believe are possible.

True, as is the converse

We may wind up with a battery of tests to measure different aspects of intelligence - one for short-term memory, one for verbal reasoning, etc. etc.

10 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Then explain why?

1st you don't know the terminology - it is selection, and survival is only one aspect of it

2nd, selection is ongoing in humans

3rd as you later said you have no data

etc etc