IGNORED

SQ or SNAKEOIL

SQ or SNAKEOIL  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, GUTB said:

The only way to know is to have been there to witness the event.

Not even. Hallucinations are still hallucinations. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Not even. Hallucinations are still hallucinations. 

The only way to know that is to have been there. "Uh, guys, seriously it's just a flood light..."

For example, what if it was a projection put up by the church there gain converts? In that case it wasn't a hallucination.

6 minutes ago, GUTB said:

The only way to know that is to have been there. "Uh, guys, seriously it's just a flood light..."

For example, what if it was a projection put up by the church there gain converts? In that case it wasn't a hallucination.

Well, then they weren't seeing the VM, were they? So about the same as hallucinating as far as it's relationship to reality and truth. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

14 minutes ago, GUTB said:

So you've backed off it being the VM?

My own thoughts on this idea some audio technicians have "I can't detect this with my equipment, therefore it doesn't exist" are to use the example of Dark Matter. Physics tells us it exists and that it's really rather common, but we can't detect it with current technology. I don't suppose that principle applies to most of what we're discussing here, I just think that both sides in this argument should accept that one should never say never, as it were. 

Regards from Bill.

Jriver, Windows 8.1, HP Pavilion G6 2215so Laptop, Dragonfly Black, Quad QCII Preamp, Quad FM 1 Radio, Quad II amp, Quad ESL Electrostatic speaker. 

45 minutes ago, Bufo Bill said:

My own thoughts on this idea some audio technicians have "I can't detect this with my equipment, therefore it doesn't exist" are to use the example of Dark Matter. Physics tells us it exists and that it's really rather common, but we can't detect it with current technology. ...

While I generally agree with your argument, Dark Matter is a poor example. It's existence has not been proven, it's just a theory that fits the observed (measured) phenomena.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

9 hours ago, Bufo Bill said:

My own thoughts on this idea some audio technicians have "I can't detect this with my equipment, therefore it doesn't exist" are to use the example of Dark Matter. Physics tells us it exists and that it's really rather common, but we can't detect it with current technology. I don't suppose that principle applies to most of what we're discussing here, I just think that both sides in this argument should accept that one should never say never, as it were. 

Regards from Bill.

Invalid argument re Dark Matter or anything else..

You should never say "never" but "probably exists" is fine. (Poke it with a stick often enough and if  it's there it will eventually do something.)

21 hours ago, mansr said:

I for one am convinced that the likes of Shunyata and Synergistic "Research" know full well what they're doing, i.e. making shit up and selling it to the gullible. Uptone and their ilk might actually believe what they're saying/selling.

Let's have a look at the logic underpinning your post. One of the main product types built and sold by both companies is cables of all varieties.  Your post infers a binary construct,  either cables make a difference, or they don't. Your assertion is that they don't.

In order for your assertion to be correct, there are some physical attributes of cables that should, by definition. have no effect on sound quality. Impedance, capacitance, inductance, RFI, EMI, conductor geometry, metallurgy, dielectric composition, conductor gauge, etc. etc

My conclusion, based on a rudimentary understanding of physics? Shunyata and Synergistic Research are  not the ones making stuff up.

35 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

You picked a dinosaur to illustrate your point. What a perfect example of the Freudian slip!

A good one :D

But he's  the only plastic animal  I've got. He's a bit small as T Rex's go too.

And the cat works equally well but he won't stay there.

You don't ACTUALLY believe all this cable and stuff BS do you? If they know  something we don't why won't they show us their Nobel Prizes for physics? 

PS; A thoroughly BAD cable for  analogue interconnects or wiring the speakers can make a difference. But they are quite hard to make which may explain their high prices.

18 hours ago, R1200CL said:

What are you actually trying to say ?

mansr is saying that the several thousand C.A. members who have purchased Uptone products AND been happy with the results, are all imagining the perceived improvements, and should have saved their hard earned money by taking his advice. 9_9

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

mansr is saying that the several thousand C.A. members who have purchased Uptone products AND been happy with the results, are all imagining the perceived improvements, and should have saved their hard earned money by taking his advice. 9_9

He's asking you what  you said.

He isn't asking you to misquote mansr