3 minutes ago, left channel said:

I've seen no update. Usually anything announced at CES in January appears on the market by October, often after missing a target of August/September. Somewhere I read a rumor Qobuz would try to launch by July, so fingers crossed, but software seldom cooperates.

Thanks.  So, if one were to bet, what would be released first: Audirvana for Windows, Qobuz in USA or Project Digital S2 firmware update?

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, mansr said:

Key takeaways for me:

"...we’re planning a soft launch at CEDIA Expo in September and coming full force as the official streaming partner at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October. We feature over 130,000 albums (about 2 million tracks) in high resolution available for streaming and download. This is on top of the 40 million 16-bit/44-kHz full resolution cuts."

(Last time I tried to total up the MQA tracks on Tidal, it was only about 110,000. That's tracks, not albums.)

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Ughh, it was supposed to be mid-2018.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

31 minutes ago, mansr said:

What were you expecting?

I was expecting it to slip and it did.  But better late than never.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 3 months later...

Just wondering, I've been reading about this for nearly a year, but when is it actually coming? I'm sure there are distribution issues pertinent to the US that have to be dealt with. But I feel like I'm waiting for the Red Sea or something. Any late breaking news I've missed?

45 minutes ago, left channel said:

A photo of the RMAF booth! @Rt66indierock please let us know if you speak to anyone from Qobuz. We're eagerly awaiting news of the USA launch. Also wondering if there's any related information in those brochures on the table.

4AEEDE81-6866-41AE-8052-A8EB7D9E1984.jpeg

Photo ironically emblematic of Qobuz's current position re: the US launch: i.e., missing in action :/

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

On 6/21/2018 at 11:25 PM, left channel said:

....We feature over 130,000 albums (about 2 million tracks) in high resolution available for streaming and download....

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I had a Quobuz account in the UK (since switched to Tidal) the higher res streaming which is getting a lot of attention as a biggy over Tidal was only available when you had first purchased the higher res download (at a premium extra cost). In other words the higher res was not available unless bought as a download. Has that changed?

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

30 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I had a Quobuz account in the UK (since switched to Tidal) the higher res streaming which is getting a lot of attention as a biggy over Tidal was only available when you had first purchased the higher res download (at a premium extra cost). In other words the higher res was not available unless bought as a download. Has that changed?

There are four tiers of membership in the UK:

image.thumb.png.b418acee73556253dd99bed0ca1a9af2.png

The third tier (the one you're thinking of, I believe) allows you to stream CD quality *except for those items you've already purchased in higher quality* - those you can stream at the quality you purchased them.  The fourth tier allows streaming anything at the highest resolution at which it's available.  Both provide steep discounts on high resolution downloads.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

34 minutes ago, steveoat said:

I would think that they wouldn't want to go past the first week of November in order to take advantage of the holiday season

As this is most likely to be purchased as a gift for ourselves, it may not be a seasonal thing. ? Seriously though, it is very common for products announced at CES in January to target a September/October launch, only to watch that slip well into November, at which point some sales are lost to the noise/budgets/distractions of the season. I am so glad I'm out of the consumer electronics business...

Everyone wants to date my avatar.