4 hours ago, juanitox said:

quobuz files sounds better than tidal ones on Roon too

Quobuz files already sounds better than tidal ones on Roon , you "only" have to download them ..😉

Sorry to be dim but are you saying that if you choose to download Qobuz files to their "Offline" library then they can be played via Roon?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

4 hours ago, mourip said:

Sorry to be dim but are you saying that if you choose to download Qobuz files to their "Offline" library then they can be played via Roon?

why not ?  you have bought them . it's just a normal Flac or Aiff  file.  half of my library are quobuz downloaded files.

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

5 hours ago, mourip said:

33 minutes ago, juanitox said:

why not ?  you have bought them . it's just a normal Flac or Aiff  file.  half of my library are quobuz downloaded files.

Just to be clear, one of you is referring to the offline listing cache and the other to purchased downloads. Not the same thing. 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

5 hours ago, left channel said:

Just to be clear, one of you is referring to the offline listing cache and the other to purchased downloads. Not the same thing. 

Thanks. Of course if you bought them it is no different than ripping a CD.

I guess that I was hoping to find a way to integrate at least some of Qobuz with Roon.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

On 1/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, mourip said:

Thanks. Of course if you bought them it is no different than ripping a CD.

Depends if you buy Hi-Res or CD-quality. Not everyone can hear a difference, but if you do it's a big deal.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, mourip said:

I guess that I was hoping to find a way to integrate at least some of Qobuz with Roon.

Even if we can access the cache, it would be un-indexed and without titles. But it may be encrypted too. 

Rumor has it Qobuz and Roon have been in discussions. Or not. 🙂

5 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@left channel keep us all posted I have been told I have been 'whitelisted' for immediate invite but no email yet

Do you have ROON?- if so what do you think of version 1.6? I think it is greatest thing since white bread! Wait till you get Qobuz on ROON you won't believe it

Will do! No Roon though. The official Windows app, the plug-in for LMS, the official Android app, and UAPP.

I’ve been testing Qobuz beta in roon last night. Love that it shows the file quality. I was easily able to compare Qobuz 24/96 vs Tidal MQA 24/96 unfolded by roon and sent to HQPlayer upsampled to 128dsd. Qobuz easily won. Heard finer details, soundstage bigger, and more air. MQA sounds like has a filter applied to it smoothing it over. Think sound is meant to get the last conversion from MQA dac to sound right. 

I do have an ifi micro that can do that, so might test fully converted MQA file vs 24/96 file with no upsampling. 

But so far based on how a normally listen at home, I’d have to stick with Qobuz. Only issue is their beta library is missing a lot of stuff I have on Tidal. Hoping that changes on official launch. I can then just rebatch Tidal to Qobuz in Soundliz and pull over all the additional added catalog. Too bad roon did add this kind of feature. 

2 hours ago, left channel said:

I've just received my Qobuz USA beta "Welcome" email! I'll be comparing it with my roaming UK account. More soon.

Same here...now streaming in Mac Qobuz app at 24/88.2. Lovely quality. Question for you Audirvana people: does Audirvana 3,1X recognize the Qobuz beta US accounts?

2 hours ago, left channel said:

I've just received my Qobuz USA beta "Welcome" email! I'll be comparing it with my roaming UK account. More soon.

I haven't been invited!  I just sent a note to the beta support email address saying that I've had a monthly subscription in France since July 2015.  I don't know if it will make any difference.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

42 minutes ago, phosphorein said:

Question for you Audirvana people: does Audirvana 3,1X recognize the Qobuz beta US accounts?

Yes.

The term "beta" is misleading.  These are regular accounts.  My US beta account seems identical in every way to my older accounts in FR and GB.  I believe they merely use "beta" to mean they are only accepting a limited number of US subscribers.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

12 minutes ago, left channel said:

When did you sign up for the waiting list?

I don't remember.  I was probably late to the party.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

8 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

Yes.

The term "beta" is misleading.  These are regular accounts.  My US beta account seems identical in every way to my older accounts in FR and GB.  I believe they merely use "beta" to mean they are only accepting a limited number of US subscribers.

Thanks, Bob! You are correct, Audirvana connected without issues.

2X higher price in US:

I just purchased the opera "Tristan und Isolde" conducted by Bernstein in 1981 on the Philips label.  (Being early digital, it is Redbook only.)

After currency conversion, it was $30 in GB, $40 in FR, and $60 in the US Qobuz stores.  I hope this is a fluke.  

The Philips label is part of Universal, by far the largest classical record producer, so it will be a blow if Universal label prices are higher in the US than elsewhere.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

4 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

I hope this is a fluke.

Me too.  I would be awful if Qobuz compensated for lower subscription prices in the USA (considering currency exchange rates) by charging more for downloads.  

17 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Bob where are you seeing currency conversion?

If you are in the US store, everything is priced in US$.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop

He's quoting dollar prices for GB and FR....  :) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, dmackta said:

Please post a link to the product in question. Doesn't seem right. 

I have no idea what the link is, I was just noting that you asked about currency conversion and there is none in the US store - Bob said prices were "after currency conversion" regarding the GB and FR store prices he converted to dollars.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@dmackta just wanted to thank you on this widely read audiophile forum for your help- as I told Eric Benoit your 'support' service is second to none and a rarity in the streaming business AND I love the integration of Qobuz on ROON maybe I won't give up my French account!! Glad you signed up for CA/AS and I hope people are NICE to you

bobbmd