Hi, 

This is just a current report of US Beta.
In streaming in US, Rachel Podger's songs are all samples.
Amsterdam Sinfonietta on the same Channel Classics label also has many sample songs.
In UK, all songs of these artists can be streamed as non-samples.-_-

UK: Rachel Podger

414812495_RachelPodger_UK.thumb.png.96b051ea1f0252f72c148a0dd13a3032.png

US: Rachel Podger
1967033347_RachelPodger_US.thumb.png.5a0a76c33db16ffcd187e850312b11a5.png

UK: Amsterdam Sinfonietta

806788959_AmsterdamSinfonietta_UK.thumb.png.b509bf75141444e973fe95a906f1a68a.png

US: Amsterdam Sinfonietta US

848044389_AmsterdamSinfonietta_US.thumb.png.62aa55a3b792a90e66a51ee6cfa91079.png

53 minutes ago, yaslam said:

Hi, 

This is just a current report of US Beta.
In streaming in US, Rachel Podger's songs are all samples.
Amsterdam Sinfonietta on the same Channel Classics label also has many sample songs.
In UK, all songs of these artists can be streamed as non-samples.-_-

UK: Rachel Podger

414812495_RachelPodger_UK.thumb.png.96b051ea1f0252f72c148a0dd13a3032.png

US: Rachel Podger
1967033347_RachelPodger_US.thumb.png.5a0a76c33db16ffcd187e850312b11a5.png

UK: Amsterdam Sinfonietta

806788959_AmsterdamSinfonietta_UK.thumb.png.b509bf75141444e973fe95a906f1a68a.png

US: Amsterdam Sinfonietta US

848044389_AmsterdamSinfonietta_US.thumb.png.62aa55a3b792a90e66a51ee6cfa91079.png

I'm pretty sure this is a licensing issue with Channel Classics HiRes streaming offerings to USA customers. 

IDAGIO does not even offer the Channel Classics Podger albums, not even samples to USA customers. OTOH Spotify Premium at 320kbps, allows for complete track/album playback to USA customers.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

23 hours ago, left channel said:

Qobuz and Roon have reportedly been in negotiations. There may be be an announcement at CES next week. Or not.

I use LMS/Squeezebox to play Qobuz Hi-Res around the house, and there may be other solutions. What hardware are you using for Roon?

I'm using RoonServer and Roon Endpoint/PC and a NUC.  I'm using a spring I2S via Singxer SU-1.  

Sounds like I just may have to wait.  Too bad as I really am curious as the SQ.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

1 minute ago, Forehaven said:

I'm using RoonServer and Roon Endpoint/PC and a NUC.  I'm using a spring I2S via Singxer SU-1.  

Sounds like I just may have to wait.  Too bad as I really am curious as the SQ.

Well you could install LMS with the Qobuz plugin on your server, and Squeezelite on your endpoint PC (Squeezelite-X if it's Windows, other versions for other systems), but I would wait and see if Qobuz announces anything about Roon this week.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

21 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

I'm pretty sure this is a licensing issue with Channel Classics HiRes streaming offerings to USA customers. 

IDAGIO does not even offer the Channel Classics Podger albums, not even samples to USA customers. OTOH Spotify Premium at 320kbps, allows for complete track/album playback to USA customers.

Hi rodrigaj,

Thank you for the information on Channel Classics.
I feel that some european record label streaming continue to be severe state for a while in the USA.
Nobody knows this at this moment whether Qobuz follows the same path as IDAIGO or follows Spotify.
I can only wish for being the latter.

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@left channel : Just received an email from Qobuz help-support they said if i(you anyone else) gets USA account you will lose everything on your European account so they say keep the European account and keep logged in

Can you  try again and tell us what they actually told you? I have no idea what your post means.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@left channel : Just received an email from Qobuz help-support they said if i(you anyone else) gets USA account you will lose everything on your European account so they say keep the European account and keep logged in

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Can you  try again and tell us what they actually told you? I have no idea what your post means.

In other words don't try to transfer your current login to a new account in a new country market, as they won't transfer your playlists, favorites, and other settings.  This is consistent with my plans: open an entirely new account in the US using a different email address, maintain my UK account for at least a short while to compare, and use Soundiiz to transfer my playlists and etc.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:51 AM, mourip said:

When you say the "desktop app" do you mean Roon or just a new US version of their app?

It seems odd that their desktop app would have that issue since those who use the EU version from the US do not seem to report it.

Anyway 2019 is just a month away.

Hey, I got in the US beta test for Qobuz and now maintain a subscription. I am using a five month old Windows 10 Pro laptop with up to date drivers. Even with the latest update of the Qobuz desktop app after about 5-10 minutes sound sometimes starts distorting causing me to restart the app to fix. This is an intermittent problem which I have never experienced streaming with the Tidal desktop app. I am using Audirvana+ to stream Qobuz as it works perfectly, no distortion. Is there a setting in Qobuz I could try altering or is there a Windows 10 known problem I am missing here? My Win 10 Pro is fully up to date on a HP Envy laptop.

7 minutes ago, exdmd said:

Hey, I got in the US beta test for Qobuz and now maintain a subscription. I am using a five month old Windows 10 Pro laptop with up to date drivers. Even with the latest update of the Qobuz desktop app after about 5-10 minutes sound sometimes starts distorting causing me to restart the app to fix. This is an intermittent problem which I have never experienced streaming with the Tidal desktop app. I am using Audirvana+ to stream Qobuz as it works perfectly, no distortion. Is there a setting in Qobuz I could try altering or is there a Windows 10 known problem I am missing here? My Win 10 Pro is fully up to date on a HP Envy laptop.

That sort of thing is usually a Windows DAC driver problem unrelated to the player app. Have you tried switching between different paths to your DAC listed in the Qobuz "Music playing" preferences, like ASIO and WASAPI if you have both installed? 

@firedog: please see the question i posed to leftchannel the other day-either here or on another forum/topic related to Qobuz in USA.

essentially  i said i have had Qobuz since 2013 or earlier with a ‘French’ address( New France=New York State), i have hundreds of playlists that made from Qobuz and hundreds of ‘favorites’ plus i transferred all my TIDAL playlists(and those i had made on Spotify and Deezer) via Soundiiz to my French account Qobuz.

what i wanted to know was what would happen if i opened a USA account to my French account asked leftchannel this and also contacted Qobuz France Help-Support

Help-Support confirmed what leftchannel thought-if you open a USA account it would not transfer ANYTHING from another country’s account you would lose everything so keep that account and keep logged in is what Qobuz said and leftchannel feels same way

what Qobuz didn’t tell me (and i reached out to Damien78 founder of Audirvana) is how A+3 is going to handle this ie USA Qobuz accounts(or people with 2 different Qobuz accounts in two different country’s) - am awaiting an answer on this from A+3 and Qobuz(also queried David Craff on CA/AS)

hope this doesn’t muddy the waters  more for you

bobbmd

40 minutes ago, exdmd said:

@left channel yes have tried all options, also reinstalling the Qobuz app no joy. I am just going to stick with Audirvana+ for Qobuz using WASAPI exclusive mode, same as I do for the Tidal desktop app.

That's too bad. I use the Qobuz app and WASAPI Exclusive to two different DACs on two different computers with no problem. I think the deeper problem here is that we're computer audiophiles. Um, I mean audiophile stylists. Or something.

1 hour ago, exdmd said:

Have you asked that question on the Audirvana forum https://audirvana.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=8fbc287d52de91a7e8801577351c8655

The Truth Is Out There

37 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

what Qobuz didn’t tell me (and i reached out to Damien78 founder of Audirvana) is how A+3 is going to handle this ie USA Qobuz accounts(or people with 2 different Qobuz accounts in two different country’s) - am awaiting an answer on this from A+3 and Qobuz(also queried David Craff on CA/AS)

I haven't asked Damien, but I can't see how A+ would do anything other than provide you the Qobuz music you have the rights to under the account you've signed in with.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• left channel changed the title to Qobuz USA launching soon!

@Jud thanks but what if i have 2 accounts one a USA account and also keep the ‘French’ Qobuz account i have had since 2013 do you think A+3 will recognize both-i just don’t want to lose what i have acquired over last 6 years or so @left channel seems to think you should keep 2 accounts but couldn’t answer about A+3

in the end i would proabably just keep the French account but i want Qobuz to succeed in the USA

@bobbmd I think @Jud has a point: A+ relies on your Qobuz account for your playlists/favorite/etc. and country-specific licensing. So the solution is still the same: open a new account and see if enough of the music you want is available in the new country, then if you plan to cancel one of the accounts use Soundiiz to transfer your playlists and favorites.

8 hours ago, exdmd said:

I started out with an UK version but recently noticed that it had changed to a beta version which might now be the US version. I have been out of town for the last three weeks but will do some testing and post. I have been using the desktop app and have not tried Audirvana. Like many I am anxiously awaiting integration with Roon...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

19 hours ago, left channel said:

In other words don't try to transfer your current login to a new account in a new country market, as they won't transfer your playlists, favorites, and other settings.  This is consistent with my plans: open an entirely new account in the US using a different email address, maintain my UK account for at least a short while to compare, and use Soundiiz to transfer my playlists and etc.

Do you have to use a different email address?  Can you have two different Qobuz accounts associated with the same email address?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's