IGNORED

Best CPU for hqplayer

sbenyo

5 hours ago, bobflood said:

If you deleted it from the downloads on your M1 then you will have to get Jussi to email you a link unless someone here has the link and could post it.

Yes, for whatever reason things were fine, until they weren’t ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:39 PM, Bass Concussion Racing said:

AMD-optimized Ubuntu on an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X... Sounds just great.

I'll center my choices around that, get a decently dampened case, good CPU and PSU cooling and consider myself a happy camper, I believe.

Thanks a lot once more! You've been extremely helpful, Jus... Er... Miska!

I can confirm everything Jussi is saying. I'm up running on hqplayer ubuntu embedded.

This is my load playing on the poly-sinc-ext3 , testet both on SDM/PCM.

Use the AMD optimized version.

Max I have seen is about 30% usage , I'm limited to DSD 256 PCM 768.

PC is Idle about 40watt and Filters 130watt max 54 degrees on CPU...

amd_ryzen_5900x_settings.png

amd_ryzen_5900x_top.png

amd_ryzen_5900x_htop.png

Building a new active system with fans, it will be air cooled with a Noctua and other fans, water cooled is really a lot of hassle down the road with the pump and maintenance, I have an Intel CPU with a Noctua since 2011 (10 years) and the Noctua and the PC still usable.

Which CPU of the current ones out there would you recommend for an HQPe build?

• 11900K / 11900KF
  • 11700K / KF
  • even 11600K
  • Ryzen 5800X

The target would be of course EC modulators which is achievable with any of the above listed CPU's currently (DSD256) but looking at the future which of these CPUs would handle better filters and such.

Thank you all for your comments

2 hours ago, luisma said:

Which CPU of the current ones out there would you recommend for an HQPe build?

• 11900K / 11900KF
  • 11700K / KF
  • even 11600K
  • Ryzen 5800X

The target would be of course EC modulators which is achievable with any of the above listed CPU's currently (DSD256) but looking at the future which of these CPUs would handle better filters and such.

Of above, I've tested only Ryzen 5800X, which works nicely with EC modulators using the AMD optimized build.

I will likely get also 11th gen Intel CPU some time soon, but I don't have such yet.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, luisma said:

Can the 11600K do EC modulators with poli sinc 3?

Would it be best to go with Ryzen 5600X vs 11600K ?

I might go with a cheaper build now and later on Jan 2022 get the 12th gen chip

ext-3 seems to be very resource intensive when going from 44.1khz to 48khz especially with PCM 7xx rates on my 5900x it basically has the same CPU load as EC7 DSD256, and this is with PCM to PCM upsampling only.

8 minutes ago, Yviena said:

ext-3 seems to be very resource intensive when going from 44.1khz to 48khz especially with PCM 7xx rates on my 5900x it basically has the same CPU load as EC7 DSD256, and this is with PCM to PCM upsampling only.

Doesn't look too bad to me:

530734101_Screenshotfrom2021-05-2222-17-34.thumb.png.0cee85c45efa391288bc6ded5f2bbd2b.png

This is on Ryzen 7 5800X.

What I have seen with ext3 is more intense processing but not on the main 2 cores but the other 2, Jussi really nailed down the core distribution loads on this one. So on my 5600X

DSD256 ASDM7EC ext2

image.png

DSD256 ASDM7EC ext3

image.png

Same as ext2 on cores 1 and 4 but more usage on 3 and 5

52 minutes ago, fishflower said:

Miska

good moring ! I Very happy, nuc11 Pro can run dsd256 7ec XTR smoothly!😃  But Mac Mini M1 can't😜

Great! Do you have a link to such device? Is this on Linux or Windows?

33 minutes ago, fishflower said:

Can you tell me how to write hqplayer-embedded-4.22.3-x64.img into my new nuc11's m2 nvme??

You can use a Linux live image like Ubuntu Desktop or Fedora Workstation installation image and when the installer asks, select "Try" to enter normal live desktop. You can then "dd" the image to the NVMe.