IGNORED

Best CPU for hqplayer

sbenyo

Although this technical stuff sometimes fries my brain, it's also very satisfying when it works out in the end. Largely because this forum is an excellent source of help.  

I logged into my router, and fixed the IP address of the laptop which has HQP Desktop on it. That’s the IP address I used when setting HQP in Roon, and so far it’s working. …

Many thanks @Miska and @Carousel

7 hours ago, 1laraz said:

Congrats! So eventually your K22 can run both the Roon server and the NAA Client simultaneously, right?

Yes that's correct.  The key thing in my experience is to make sure that the IP address is the correct one when setting up HQP in Roon, and also fixing this IP address in your router.  

Also to be aware that if you move from wifi to wired (ethernet) then the IP address will change, and will have to be updated in Roon.  This tripped me up this morning, until I figured it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 10:59 PM, Miska said:

Some testing results from today, for those who seek to build lower TDP servers for HQPlayer.

My i9-13900T with DDR5-6400 CL32 memory can do DSD1024 with ASDM7EC-light when E-cores are set to filter. While i9-14900K can do the same with ASDM7EC-super. Both cases without GPU's help.

So the E-cores offload helps quite a bit this case, since it enables the T-model to reach DSD1024.

Thank you Miska for sharing.Looks like is working for AMD as well.For 4 days i ve been trying,and the best i ve got till now with my 7950x3d was a 6min song with only 3 ms long stutters under a not so fine tuned audiolinux -7Ec-super,sinc-MGa,gauss hires mp.Not a chance on windows with them settings.In fact,dsd512 sounds decent enough after i ve read that dsd1024 is over the specs of usb audio:))