IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

On 1/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, LHCommSquad said:

Again, this has nothing to do with me; everything to do with management. You're asking the wrong person the wrong questions. 

We have discussed that type of program in-depth. At this point it's not an option due to funding and/or other issues. If that program ever happens, we'll let those individuals know that option exists to them. 

Jarek:

So you asked Larry about partial refunds and he said "no"?  Even if the backer in question returns a Pulse and/or LPS to LH?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, "let's go with

14 minutes ago, bernardperu said:

Why ZERO chances of criminal charges?

This article seems to suggest that the US. government can do the job on our behalf: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/29/17793720/ftc-ibackpack-investigation-indiegogo-kickstarter

Among the reasons is an overburdened system/lack of sufficient prosecution resources and burden of proof.  Perhaps "zero" was too strong, but the odds are slim IMHO.  

Your article notes an FTC investigation, but that is far from being prosecuted and convicted.  It never hurts to try though.  We can all file complaints and see what happens.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

16 hours ago, marflao said:

So it seems that Larry doesn't have to be concerned at all. 

Unbelievable.. 

I don't think this is necessarily a lost cause. 

I think we can all safely assume Larry will not fulfill his obligations for the undelivered products.  We can also safely assume that without pressure, Larry will never provide refunds. 

What to do?  One idea is to start a thread here on AS, the purpose of which is to provide US resident victims with a step by step guide for suing Larry Ho individually, LH Labs Corporation, LH Labs Inc. and Light Harmonic in small claims court in your respective state.   I have links to guides for a few states already that I will be posting.  Frankly, it is easy to look up the process.  We can also use the thread for people to provide updates on what they have done and the status of their case.

In small claims court, you don't need an attorney (in fact, attorneys are not generally allowed in small claims courts).   If enough people sue, it could provide sufficient incentive to cause Larry to provide refunds (or at least partial refunds).  Larry et. al. will have default judgments against them all over the place as there is little chance they will be able to fly all over to defend themselves, plus, Larry doesn't have any defense.  Jarek has unwittingly provided quite a bit of ammunition in the various web fora.  You would also need to pay a process server to serve Larry in California.  We might be able to find a process server willing to do a reduced rate if we all use the particular process server.

We can put the word out on all the audio web fora, direct them to the thread here on AS, and people can follow the guides and sue.  I will start the thread in the next week.  Bottom line is, we all need to start suing him soon to avoid Statute of Limitations issues for breach of contract. 

Jarek, please inform Larry to reconsider his refusal to provide refunds.  

To get the ball rolling, here is the guide for those of you in Larry's home State, California:

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/suing-in-california-small-claims-court-step-by-step

Larry's offices are located at:

5701 Lonetree Blvd., Suite 114
Rocklin, CA 95765

25 minutes ago, Jud said:

Best of luck and I might even try it too, but:

- Wonder how small claims court would be able to deal with issues such as whether LH has assumed the LHL liabilities and thus is proper party to sue;

- Because of the China/Taiwan connection, I wonder to what extent any money, or Mr. Ho himself, might easily be offshored.

If by "LH" you mean Larry in his individual capacity- I intend to pierce the corporate veil and go after his personal assets.  If you are referring to Light Harmonic, your point is a good one but I will still add them.  Jarek has posted coments in the fora that provides me with good arguments that Light Harmonic has assumed LH Labs liabilities.  I will provide links to the pertinent comments by Jarek to aid in that argument.

P.S. To all:  Nothing I post is to be construed as legal advice or any offer to represent you.  I am not your lawyer.  I am not representing anyone, nor will I be representing anyone in the future.  You are advised to seek out your own counsel.

@Jud:

Yes, you make good points.  Nobody should expect to to be fairly compensated and frankly, you should not expect to be compensated at all.  

Whether a moral victory is sufficient compensation for taking these actions is a decision everyone must make.  The costs should also be taken into consideration.   However, obtaining a judgment in small claims court will be relatively cheap.  Enforcing the judgment, not so easy.  But you can make Larry's life very, very difficult.

The idea is to provide incentive (particularly if lots of people file claims in small claims courts around the country) for him to refund on a prorata basis whatever money that remains, in order to avoid these hassles.  That is the ultimate goal for me.

26 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

piercing the corporate veil is often used (or attempted) against corporate polluters, and some hazardous waste statutes do so explicitly - that case law, and books on it, may provide some useful information

Larry no longer has a corporate veil to protect him.  His business entities are dissolved by law.  As such it is as if he never formed a business entity and he is operating his businesses in his individual capacity.  All of his personal assets are at risk and have been for a number of years.

In addition to breach of contract.....

Here is a primer on the crime of embezzlement under California law:

https://aizmanlaw.com/white-collar-crime/embezzlement/

Larry, you might want to contact the Aizman Law firm, or perhaps another criminal defense attorney closer to your home.  Just make sure you don't use funds from undelivered products to pay your legal bills.

The campaign contribution goal for each product would have been calculated by LH to cover research and design, and then production, while allowing LH to at least break even or make a profit.   LH Labs far exceeded their IGG campaign goals. This is a very important fact for our case IMO. 

This fact will be used to rebut any argument by Larry that the funds he received in excess of each campaign goal were solely used for R&D or production.  Even allowing for unanticipated R&D and production costs, the excess money received beyond the campaign goals would have covered these unanticipated costs and allowed for big profits.  That money must be refunded or Larry is committing a crime (in addition to breaching his contractual obligations).

27 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Does anyone know which physical office locations Light Harmonic/LH Labs still occupies in California?  At their peak I recall they had offices in Roseville, Sacramento, and Rocklin.  I am curious about what is left here in the states.

Larry posted a video on YouTube in November of 2018, discussing the Stella IEM's.  It looks like a commercial office space.  

The Light Harmonic Website lists the USA address as:

5701 Lonetree Blvd., Suite 114
Rocklin, CA 95765

Voicemail: (888) 842-5988
Email: [email protected]

Perhaps someone living in the greater Sacramento area could drive by the office building and check the directory for the office building.  Using Google Maps street view you will see there is a decent sized office building at this address, and includes some sort of mini golf course in the common area.

@LHCommSquad,

Since you are touting LH's transparency, how about we focus on the more important issue.

What is the precise reason for Larry's refusal to issue refunds?

31 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

If you're there to cause problems or harass us on the forums, probably not. If you're there to genuinely meet the team and see what is going on in a non-hostile manner, then probably.

The last official IGG update for the Vi DAC was SEPTEMBER 5, 2018.   Poor Larry, getting harassed on the forums by people who gave him money for nothing.

2 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

I was personally harassed via PM the other day. You know who and what I'm referring to. I've also been personally harassed in public on the forums. It gets real tiresome, real quick. There's a respectful way to conduct questions; this being the internet though, most people just keyboard warrior up and create an atmosphere of hostility.

Fortunately, I have run into people on the forums who a) intensely dislike LH Labs and Larry but are very respectful in their approach.

At this point there was no counter-offer and refunds are not an option at this point. That doesn't mean they're not being considered, just not offered yet. I'm sorry about that. I understand the frustration.

How does Larry feel about serving a few years in jail?

Hi Blake,

I don't know his thoughts on that, and I personally find your question (to me) offensive and harassment. I am open to discussing your orders, campaign plans, etc. However, I will not be discussing "Larry's personal thoughts on spending a few years in jail" or "being sued" or anything of that nature. Please refrain from contacting me again over these matters.

Jarek

Jarek, my comment was not directed at you, but I apologize that it offended you.  As I mentioned earlier, you are not to blame for Larry's unethical behavior.

18 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

Also, from what I understand, that's why Larry submerged and left the forums. He would get attacked no matter what he said or did. So he just went back to work behind the scenes.

What a great business leader.  Take money, stick head in the sand, hope it all goes away.

Just now, LHCommSquad said:

That completely ignores what I just said. You can't argue or reason or discuss things with people who are intent to destroy you at all costs.

Sure.  How about you ignoring the hard questions and simply deflecting whenever it suits you?

What is the specific reason Larry won't provide refunds?    Come on.  This is where you resort to your tried and true "I only know what Larry tells me".  

@LHCommSquad,

I am sure many people appreciate your efforts over the last few years, keeping a "dialogue" going between Larry Ho and his victims. 

You have written quite a lot in the various fora over the last few years but the fact remains, we still don't have the promised products and we still don't have our money.  So at the end of the day, none of what you write means anything and is simply window dressing unless you can produce results.  

Can you produce results, or will it continue to be the status quo of continued delay, meaningless "updates" and deflections, with occasional apologies sprinkled in?  

Apparently you have Larry's ear.  Why not use your powers of persuasion to convince him to provide refunds?